PDA

View Full Version : How to win over the Republican party

Nate K
11-09-2008, 07:14 PM
It's pretty simple really, there's a lot of ideas out there on the direction we should go with this movement, how it should be handled, well here's just one idea everyone should consider.

WE become the frontier of Obama's opposition. We should lead the way criticizing his big government policies and everything the Republican party stands against. Associate this movement with a hardcore opposition and I guarantee you the majority of the neocons will be ours for the taking. HERE'S WHY.

Obama won't end the wars we are in. He will probably adopt a lot of what Bush was doing regarding national security and party stances will begin to switch. Since the war on terror was pretty much the only thing holding neocons back, they will be much more open to our philosophy. Add this with the apathy they will gain from the destroyed Republican party and they will be eager for something new. All we need to do is maintain passion and lead the way and I guarantee you all it will be a smoother ride in the GOP.

My observations so far.. After creating the Critics of Obama facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34967689038), and after several of my local neocon friends hastily joined - some of them see my philosophies in a brighter light. It is only a matter of time (and Obama's policies) and converts will be a dime a dozen.

Be friendly to neocons, be friendly even to liberals. If we lead the charge against big-government and in the process maintain our beliefs - I guarantee you 2010 and 2012 will be major political successes.

linux
11-09-2008, 07:24 PM
Well, I think this is a fantastic idea.

This group obviously has the better skills as far as grassroots goes. We have to get them to join US by having a strong Obama opposition. This may end up happening naturally.

forsmant
11-09-2008, 07:26 PM
Neocons need to learn that all that executive power the coveted will eventually be given to someone they don't like. I think Obama will teach them that lesson.

Lovecraftian4Paul
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I think that more than anything it all hinges on how you stop these idiots from hungering for a million years war in Iraq and expansion into Iran and Syria. They fundamentally believe in world policing and interventionism. Find a way to get the mainstream Republican off their War on Terror fix and you win the big liberty prize.

SnappleLlama
11-09-2008, 08:42 PM
I think we can win them over with cookies.

:bunchies:

TruthAtLast
11-09-2008, 08:45 PM
i think we need to be careful not to stuff Ron Paul down people's throat. We can stand for his principles but the second we mention Ron Paul it turns people off. They are sick of it and we hear it over and over again.

I believe we need to make the transition to a true conservative Movement, NOT a Ron Paul Movement.

I know this is difficult because Ron Paul has been the centerpiece of this Movement. He is the reason why we are here. But if this Movement is going to reach the next level, we need to become a legitimate force that is respected outside of "Ron Paul Revolution".

Even when we've been giving our suggestions to the GOP, other Republicans get turned off the second we bring up Ron Paul. This is unfortunate because many people actually agree with much of our platform.

Nate K
11-09-2008, 08:49 PM
i think we need to be careful not to stuff Ron Paul down people's throat. We can stand for his principles but the second we mention Ron Paul it turns people off. They are sick of it and we hear it over and over again.

I believe we need to make the transition to a true conservative Movement, NOT a Ron Paul Movement.

I know this is difficult because Ron Paul has been the centerpiece of this Movement. He is the reason why we are here. But if this Movement is going to reach the next level, we need to become a legitimate force that is respected outside of "Ron Paul Revolution".

Even when we've been giving our suggestions to the GOP, other Republicans get turned off the second we bring up Ron Paul. This is unfortunate because many people actually agree with much of our platform.

I agree, our arguments should be centered on the Constitution not Ron Paul.

Athan
11-09-2008, 10:16 PM
I disagree. This past year I did things diplomatically and we were still fucked over. In two years, shit is going to be bad and I'm whipping out the "I told you so", "you were warned by Ron Paul" because they are defeated thoroughly and are a useless national party. The republican name is toxic now.

Nate K
11-09-2008, 10:22 PM
I disagree. This past year I did things diplomatically and we were still fucked over. In two years, shit is going to be bad and I'm whipping out the "I told you so", "you were warned by Ron Paul" because they are defeated thoroughly and are a useless national party. The republican name is toxic now.

Must be a regional problem.

CapitalistRadical
11-09-2008, 11:22 PM
It's really quite bizarre. Under Clinton, these people spent eight years nonstop complaining about Executive power. Under Bush, the same people did all they could to give the Presidency as much power as possible. Now with Obama in office, watch these jokers flip again and complain about the powerful Presidency!

To the original poster, anything you can do to help seize control of the Republican Party and steer it back into a Constitutional direction is to be lauded and assisted.

It is true that our ideas don't require name checking Ron Paul! We are constitutional fundamentalists, not Ron Paul fundamentalists.

Pauls' Revere
11-09-2008, 11:26 PM

I disagree, that's thier problem. They need to come around and come around fast if they learn at all. Frankly, I could care less if the GOP survives at this point I'm so sick of both parties. They will continue beating the same drum going back to same play book(s) they have done before. Only this time the flavor will be different as current events change during the Obama admin only the names and faces change all else remains the same. The GOP needs to literally die off and make room for The R3volution!

georgiaboy
11-10-2008, 11:02 AM
WE become the frontier of Obama's opposition. We should lead the way criticizing his big government policies and everything the Republican party stands against. Associate this movement with a hardcore opposition and I guarantee you the majority of the neocons will be ours for the taking. HERE'S WHY.

Obama won't end the wars we are in. He will probably adopt a lot of what Bush was doing regarding national security and party stances will begin to switch. Since the war on terror was pretty much the only thing holding neocons back, they will be much more open to our philosophy. Add this with the apathy they will gain from the destroyed Republican party and they will be eager for something new. All we need to do is maintain passion and lead the way and I guarantee you all it will be a smoother ride in the GOP.

My observations so far.. After creating the Critics of Obama facebook group (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=34967689038), and after several of my local neocon friends hastily joined - some of them see my philosophies in a brighter light. It is only a matter of time (and Obama's policies) and converts will be a dime a dozen.

Be friendly to neocons, be friendly even to liberals. If we lead the charge against big-government and in the process maintain our beliefs - I guarantee you 2010 and 2012 will be major political successes.

absolutely. "Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer".

yep. I'd only add that Ron Paul could be mentioned as secondary or tertiary support to an issue, but one is better served not to lead with Ron Paul in a discussion with most mainstream GOP'ers.

EndTheFed
11-10-2008, 11:12 AM
I say... throw snowballs at them.... it worked so well before...

:D

EndTheFed
11-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Bumpity Bump

Nate K
11-10-2008, 11:24 AM

http://i34.tinypic.com/214ply0.jpg

http://i36.tinypic.com/6ynl07.jpg

georgiaboy
11-10-2008, 11:25 AM

I see you're still gnawing on that bone...

EndTheFed
11-10-2008, 11:30 AM
I see you're still gnawing on that bone...

Yes... because if we don't change our ways we will all be gnawing on the same bone...

LOOSING!!!