PDA

View Full Version : Obama Requires Community Service and Removes his Agenda from Website After Scrutiny.

Politicallore
11-09-2008, 02:03 PM
Digg/Reddit/Share!

SCREENSHOTS GIVEN!
"We finally had a glimpse of what the President-Elect wanted to accomplish, and now that glimpse is gone as soon as we started scrutinizing the specifics…."

Take a look at this unbelievable story! Spread it around!!!

http://www.politicallore.com/presidential-candidates/barack-obama/obama-requires-community-service-and-removes-his-agenda-from-website-after-scrutiny/449

Spread the wealth of this story around!!! Vote in the poll on the sidebar! Donate to the site if you can, to help support Liberty!

runningdiz
11-09-2008, 02:04 PM
Digg/Reddit/Share!

SCREENSHOTS GIVEN!
"We finally had a glimpse of what the President-Elect wanted to accomplish, and now that glimpse is gone as soon as we started scrutinizing the specifics…."

Take a look at this unbelievable story! Spread it around!!!

http://www.politicallore.com/presidential-candidates/barack-obama/obama-requires-community-service-and-removes-his-agenda-from-website-after-scrutiny/449

Spread the wealth of this story around!!! Vote in the poll on the sidebar! Donate to the site if you can, to help support Liberty!

Old news dude already a thread about this go here http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=167278

tajitj
11-09-2008, 02:40 PM
Not really dude. Obama took it down. That is what this story is about.

DIGG story above about Obama taking it down. Either he changed his mind or does not want the public to know about his coming required service.
http://digg.com/odd_stuff/Obama_Requires_Community_Service_Removes_his_Agend a_from_Web

QueenB4Liberty
11-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Did anyone happen to catch he wants to raise the minimum wage to 9.50 by 2012? :confused:

bkreigh
11-09-2008, 05:43 PM
i read that community service crap on his website and thought it was a little bizarre myself. if he takes it down then that means he is not for it i guess ::sarcasm:: nothing to see here. move along people

angelatc
11-09-2008, 05:51 PM
The thing that nobody is talking about is that McCain had essentially the same plank in his platform.

thomaspaine23
11-09-2008, 06:30 PM
Did anyone happen to catch he wants to raise the minimum wage to 9.50 by 2012? :confused:

You missed the part about indexing it to inflation after that....

cindy25
11-09-2008, 06:49 PM
he modified the community service nonsense because of public pfressure; of course he still wants it-he is waiting for the biden/Mossad crisis moment

Politicallore
11-09-2008, 08:22 PM
digg it guys, it is doing great

hillertexas
11-09-2008, 08:39 PM
dugg

Politicallore
11-09-2008, 08:43 PM
dugg

Thanks!

QueenB4Liberty
11-09-2008, 08:51 PM

But wouldn't it still be a horrible idea? I'm still learning about inflation and all of that, but so you're saying prices will be SO expensive that minimum wage will have to be that high? I think our "minimum" wage is high enough as it is.

georgiapeach
11-09-2008, 09:03 PM

:mad::mad::mad:
Minimun wage should be a guideline for what you pay teenagers working part time in the summer, NOT the minimum amount of money a single person has to make an hour to support a family. Not that you can do that with 9.50 an hour but it seems that is the direction they are heading in.
Dammit, there are people with 2 years of college under their belt that make barely over $10 starting out in their field.

Now that I think about it, that must be part of that wealth redistribution plan. Reward the people who make no effort by punishing those that bust their tails. Gotcha! :mad:

As for making people do community service, I did see that a few days ago. I'd like to know how he would enforce that. I'm all for helping out, but as a volunteer, not because Big Gov wants us to. Don't they have enough people on probation and prison details to put to work already? Or is this the plan to redistribute our time and sweat because our money isn't enough?

QueenB4Liberty
11-10-2008, 04:43 PM
:mad::mad::mad:
Minimun wage should be a guideline for what you pay teenagers working part time in the summer, NOT the minimum amount of money a single person has to make an hour to support a family. Not that you can do that with 9.50 an hour but it seems that is the direction they are heading in.
Dammit, there are people with 2 years of college under their belt that make barely over $10 starting out in their field.

Now that I think about it, that must be part of that wealth redistribution plan. Reward the people who make no effort by punishing those that bust their tails. Gotcha! :mad:

As for making people do community service, I did see that a few days ago. I'd like to know how he would enforce that. I'm all for helping out, but as a volunteer, not because Big Gov wants us to. Don't they have enough people on probation and prison details to put to work already? Or is this the plan to redistribute our time and sweat because our money isn't enough?

Yeah, it's really insulting. The thing is; raising the minimum wage will only hurt the ones he intends to help most. BK isn't going to hire 5 people for 9.50/hr flipping burgers. People will be losing jobs. Which people? The people who can't do anything else.

dannno
11-10-2008, 04:50 PM
The thing that nobody is talking about is that McCain had essentially the same plank in his platform.

TONES has some 'splainin to do :rolleyes:

Mini-Me
11-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah, it's really insulting. The thing is; raising the minimum wage will only hurt the ones he intends to help most. BK isn't going to hire 5 people for 9.50/hr flipping burgers. People will be losing jobs. Which people? The people who can't do anything else.

Here's the thing, though: Places like Burger King don't really have much "surplus" labor anyway - if someone's working at any particular time, it's because they're actually needed. That said, because business is uneven throughout the day, high minimum wages would still probably drive them to cut things closer by understaffing. The real danger of minimum wage is that it destroys jobs and overall market productivity by putting companies out of business entirely. If small companies cannot get enough business after they raise prices to compensate for paying more in wages, they'll just have to fold. That's why big companies like Wal-Mart love minimum wage...they can stay in the game long enough while their smaller competitors go out of business, and the reduced competition and subsequent gain in market share (due to less choice) allows them to raise prices back to profitable levels. However, because the costs of market entry are now higher (due to minimum wage and such), it's tougher for new upstart competition to break in. Fewer jobs, less competition, higher prices...wow, high minimum wage sure sounds great!