PDA

View Full Version : Obama's getting a holiday

angelatc
11-09-2008, 01:21 PM
I probably should have seen this coming.

http://cjonline.com/stories/110908/loc_353922770.shtml

Plans are being made to promote a national holiday for Barack Obama, who will become the nation's 44th president when he takes the oath of office Jan. 20.

forsmant
11-09-2008, 02:45 PM
It's called presidents day. Lets leave it at that!

A. Havnes
11-09-2008, 03:00 PM
This is getting weird. Working to create a nation holiday before they guy has even taken office! The stupid thing is, they're also celebrating Lincoln's birthday. Kind of funny to even try comparing the two!

Has anyone ever acted so foolishly because of the Presiden-elect before? Even Jesus had to wait until he was dead to get a holiday (or several)!

Natalie
11-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Is this for real?! For all these people know, this guy could be the worst president ever. He hasn't even had a chance to prove that he deserves to get a holiday. All he really did different from any other tool in office was be born black.

No1ButPaul08
11-09-2008, 03:19 PM
Scary

Pepsi
11-09-2008, 06:58 PM
He does not have any slave blood in him.

ShowMeLiberty
11-09-2008, 07:06 PM
Completely ridiculous. But since the planning meetings are being held in a McDonald's, it doesn't appear to be anything "official" yet. Yet.

riviera1992
11-09-2008, 08:22 PM
http://i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr49/riviera1992/Obama-1.jpg

:bunchies::bunchies::bunchies:

Kludge
11-09-2008, 08:24 PM
Ahhh, I'll soon be drinking Obama gin on my way to the Obama cafe.... Too bad my Obama matches don't work -- can't smoke my Obama cigarettes... Oh well... The Obama tobacco always falls out anyway...

zach
11-09-2008, 08:40 PM
I need my Obama gun..

Knightskye
11-09-2008, 08:44 PM
Lincoln's 200th birthday? Anyone else get an idea from that?

SnappleLlama
11-09-2008, 08:47 PM
*breathes deeply*

Oh, my.

UnReconstructed
11-09-2008, 09:45 PM
this ain't shit. check us out in mississippi:

NOW, THEREFORE, I, Ronnie Musgrove, Governor of the State of
Mississippi, hereby proclaim July 29, 2002, as
RONNIE MUSGROVE DAY

http://mdah.state.ms.us/arlib/contents/er/musgrove/pdfs/131.pdf

A. Havnes
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Ahhh, I'll soon be drinking Obama gin on my way to the Obama cafe.... Too bad my Obama matches don't work -- can't smoke my Obama cigarettes... Oh well... The Obama tobacco always falls out anyway...

Ah, the wonderful world of George Orwell.

Kludge
11-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Ah, the wonderful world of George Orwell.

:D Good catch!

BlackTerrel
11-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Is this for real?! For all these people know, this guy could be the worst president ever. He hasn't even had a chance to prove that he deserves to get a holiday. All he really did different from any other tool in office was be born black.

You act like that's not a big deal. In a country where 50 years ago blacks couldn't drink from the same water fountain of whites it is a big deal.

angelatc
11-09-2008, 10:39 PM
You act like that's not a big deal. In a country where 50 years ago blacks couldn't drink from the same water fountain of whites it is a big deal.

I guess it's a big deal if you didn't think America would ever elect a black President. I just assumed we would.

Kludge
11-09-2008, 10:39 PM

That doesn't make him any more or less competent in representing us. Anyone who voted for him only as a symbolic vote for black advancement truly sickens me.

danberkeley
11-09-2008, 11:05 PM

You can thank the government for that. The government said blacks had little if any rights. The (federal) government said slavery was legal. It was the (federal) government that said that blacks were 3/5s of a white man. It was the (federal) government that forced people in the North to return runaway slaves back to their masters. It was the (local and state) government that said that blacks had to sit in the back of the bus. It was the (local) government that lead the destruction of Black Wall Street. It was (Abraham Lincoln) government who wanted to deport blacks to Africa and make America a white-only country.

Anti Federalist
11-09-2008, 11:41 PM
http://media.eyeblast.org/newsbusters/static/2008/11/obama_chicago.jpg

BlackTerrel
11-10-2008, 07:04 PM
That doesn't make him any more or less competent in representing us. Anyone who voted for him only as a symbolic vote for black advancement truly sickens me.

The person I was responding to said the only difference between Obama and our other President's is that he's black. I commented that that was actually a BIG difference, especially to black people - that shouldn't be a surprise.

You can thank the government for that. The government said blacks had little if any rights. The (federal) government said slavery was legal. It was the (federal) government that said that blacks were 3/5s of a white man. It was the (federal) government that forced people in the North to return runaway slaves back to their masters. It was the (local and state) government that said that blacks had to sit in the back of the bus. It was the (local) government that lead the destruction of Black Wall Street. It was (Abraham Lincoln) government who wanted to deport blacks to Africa and make America a white-only country.

Hey you don't need to sell me. I'm with you on that one bro :)