PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts on what the GOP will do this fall

Stealth4
09-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I think that many in the republican party are starting to recognize that Ron Paul is popular and is attracting many people to older republican ideals. They will want to capitalize on this and so we may see RP treated better in September and October.

My concern is that the GOP will try to capitalize on his support in a way to revitalize the republican party, but they will at some point turn on him. I think they will try to get his campaign to "Peak" too early. Then they will take his ideals and ideas and try to transfer them to some other candidate (McCain, Thompson) and make them more "realistic" (i.e. promise to reduce spending, but perhaps not cut Dept Of Education completely, or remove troops from Iraq but not all).

They will benefit from those who are willing to compromise. These people are those that will be attacted to RP in the next few months by seeing favorable TV appearances, but they wont really know him or his campaign like we do and they wont know the GOP and the media like we do. Therefore these people will be ripe for turning them onto another candidate later this fall (i.e. november).

Obviously I dont want this to happen. I want Ron Paul to win the Republican nomination and the Presidential election. So I believe we need to keep growing the campaign on the grassroots level, but we need to be very educated so that when people start to favor these "compromise" solutions, which arnt really solutions at all, but rather propaganda to win the republicans an election, we can convince them in a Ron Paul'ian' way that RP is the best candidate. We also will need a good counter for the 'age' question.

My questions to you all are:

1) Do you think my ramblings above may be correct?

2) What can we do now when campaigning and later on this fall when this starts to happen to ensure that RP wins the Republican nomination?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Spirit of '76
09-08-2007, 02:12 PM
I think that many in the republican party are starting to recognize that Ron Paul is popular and is attracting many people to older republican ideals. They will want to capitalize on this and so we may see RP treated better in September and October.

My concern is that the GOP will try to capitalize on his support in a way to revitalize the republican party, but they will at some point turn on him. I think they will try to get his campaign to "Peak" too early. Then they will take his ideals and ideas and try to transfer them to some other candidate (McCain, Thompson) and make them more "realistic" (i.e. promise to reduce spending, but perhaps not cut Dept Of Education completely, or remove troops from Iraq but not all).

They will benefit from those who are willing to compromise. These people are those that will be attacted to RP in the next few months by seeing favorable TV appearances, but they wont really know him or his campaign like we do and they wont know the GOP and the media like we do. Therefore these people will be ripe for turning them onto another candidate later this fall (i.e. november).

I have long held that this is the entire reason for Fred Thompson's candidacy. He's in the race, with lots of money and power behind him, to steal some of Ron's thunder. When middle America finally starts learning about Ron Paul, lots of people out there are going to say, "But Fred says lots of the same stuff, and he can actually win!"

It's also why he waited so long. The establishment wanted to see if Ron Paul was going to present a serious threat before committing resources to a Thompson campaign.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 03:36 PM
A lot of us need to get involved with the Republican party in our respective states. We've got to get in there. They need to see that we are not scary or crazy. Then, we can gently start showing them that Ron Paul is the true conservative and the Republican party's only hope.

We have to fix the Republican party from within.

Spirit of '76
09-08-2007, 04:59 PM
A lot of us need to get involved with the Republican party in our respective states. We've got to get in there. They need to see that we are not scary or crazy. Then, we can gently start showing them that Ron Paul is the true conservative and the Republican party's only hope.

We have to fix the Republican party from within.

I agree 100%.

Not coincidentally, I just scheduled our group's next meetup at the same time and location as our county Republican club meeting. ;)

Stealth4
09-08-2007, 09:07 PM
I agree 100%.

Not coincidentally, I just scheduled our group's next meetup at the same time and location as our county Republican club meeting. ;)

Just went to the local one last week, probably going to another meeting next week. I think they were surprised to see my friend and I, but to their credit they were very welcoming. I will become a regular attendee and I think at least 2 other RP supporters will be coming as well. We will get involved with their events and help them out. Kill them with kindness.

Spirit of '76
09-08-2007, 09:11 PM
Exactly.

They need to see that a return to true conservative principles can revitalize the Republican Party. It's going to take an infusion of fresh, new blood to do that.

Richandler
09-08-2007, 09:23 PM
Thompson has a dirty history, that won't fly well. Paul has only risen up and is still rising. We decide who is popular, and by tuning into shows when he is on, including re-airings sends the MSM the message that we want Paul. Paul = ratings= money.

fj45lvr
09-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Yeah.....I'm all for having a commercial that pleads with republicans to reject the leadership they have now that has been BIG BIG spenders and BIG government!!!

I think most republicans know that what they see today is completely CORRUPT members SUCKING UP to the LOBBYIST's and their MONEY....USE the TRUTH against these types of "deceptions"

The TRUTH

The TRUTH ....you don't try to "reform" the "beast" you SLAY IT.

tnvoter
09-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Which is why we need to get everyone on board for Paul within the next 3 months.