PDA

View Full Version : Teamspeak or Ventrilo

NEPA_Revolution
11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
The server bill is due on the 18th, but I can get them easily switched. Now that some of those that have tried teamspeak know what it is like, the poll I promised last month is up.

Edit: For this change to pass, we need 75% of the vote. Overwelming majority just like a constitutional amendment.

coyote_sprit
11-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Teamspeak is more cross platform, so that's what I vote because I use Linux and need to get a mic.

NEPA_Revolution
11-09-2008, 07:05 PM
Bump

LibertyEagle
11-10-2008, 01:16 AM
Just a question.

Are Teamspeak and Ventrilo superior to Paltalk? Just wondering, because at first glance both Teamspeak and Ventrilo seem to primarily targeted at gamers.

HollyforRP
11-10-2008, 09:42 AM
Just use second life. It's free and way more entertaining.
Save the money to donate for the future of the libertarian party. Don't bother with the Goblin Orc Party anymore okay?

Nate K
11-10-2008, 09:52 AM
what're the advantages of ventrilo

LibertyEagle
11-10-2008, 09:54 AM
Just use second life. It's free and way more entertaining.
Save the money to donate for the future of the libertarian party. Don't bother with the Goblin Orc Party anymore okay?

What future?

We have a 2 party system. Either we face that and use it to our advantage, or remain a pack of whiners.

HollyforRP
11-10-2008, 09:59 AM
What future?

We have a 2 party system. Either we face that and use it to our advantage, or remain a pack of whiners.

Okay then throw in a liberty candidate on team democrat and throw in one on team republican BUT if they don't cater to the most influential lobbyists of our country, then what happens?

literatim
11-10-2008, 10:04 AM
Just a question.

Are Teamspeak and Ventrilo superior to Paltalk? Just wondering, because at first glance both Teamspeak and Ventrilo seem to primarily targeted at gamers.

Ventrilo and Teamspeak are hosted privately and is voice only while Paltalk is more like a enclosed IRC server with voice chat.

LibertyEagle
11-10-2008, 10:08 AM
Okay then throw in a liberty candidate on team democrat and throw in one on team republican BUT if they don't cater to the most influential lobbyists of our country, then what happens?

2 candidates? There should be hundreds, if not thousands, running for office all over the country --- from dog catcher on up. :)

IMO, we don't have a chance to win this thing, from the top-down. It's going to have to be bottom-up. If the proverbial house falls before we're able to take back the entire country, well then, the inroads we have made at the local and state levels will likely be VERY beneficial.

Suzu
11-10-2008, 12:21 PM
Neither one. You really ought to try Paltalk before a decision is made. 200 participants per room, free of charge, voice enabled, text also, and anyone can create a room, free of charge, and only one person can speak at a time, orderly queue of speakers via "raised hands".

Shink
11-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Skype.

Kotin
11-10-2008, 12:33 PM
Skype.

I agree with this.