PDA

View Full Version : new wannabe GOP chairman says F you Conservatives

kirkblitz
11-08-2008, 07:48 PM
http://www.thestate.com/local/story/582636.html

Katon Dawson bio

Dawson is the fourth-longest serving state party chairman in the country.

Residence: Columbia

Family: Married, two children

Education: Bachelor’s degree in management from the University of South Carolina

5 big questions ...

Republicans face in trying to rebuild the party.

1. How much has the electorate changed? Democrats have crowed about a nationwide realignment, but Republicans think they can prove the U.S. is still a center-right country.

2. Will getting back to basics still work? Republicans have urged that their party push fiscal responsibility, free markets and defense.

3. Is there more room in the big tent? Traditional party planks — curbing illegal immigration, social issues — have turned off moderates and the growing number of Hispanic voters. The GOP needs to bring these voters in.

4. Can you teach an old elephant new tricks? Democrats beat Republicans with their mastery of technology. Can the GOP improve outreach to tech-savvy young voters?

5. Can the GOP quell the infighting? The McCain-Palin campaign imploded post-election and congressional Republicans are pointing fingers. Republicans need to pull in the same direction.

— John O’Connor

f you gop, you aint getting my vote if you go more left

:bunchies::bunchies::bunchies:

Athan
11-08-2008, 10:06 PM
If I don't hear calls for ending the Fed, they don't want my vote.

bg1654
11-08-2008, 11:08 PM
"4. Can you teach an old elephant new tricks? Democrats beat Republicans with their mastery of technology. Can the GOP improve outreach to tech-savvy young voters?"

Young tech-savvy people tend to be Ron Paul supporters. It could, but all their rhetoric is still aimed at alienating them. They would have to embrace Ron Paul's ideals and I dont see that happening without the neocons being destroyed first.

Kludge
11-08-2008, 11:11 PM
Heeeey.... They're just copying the INNOVATION of the Libertarian Party!

Gotta broaden yer base, y'know?