PDA

View Full Version : The GOP strategy

CapitalistRadical
11-08-2008, 05:40 PM
I suggest that all Ron Paul supporters on this board should become active in their local Republican Party. Like no other time in history, the party is in disarray, demoralized, and looking for leadership. The only shining star is that moron Sarah Palin. I have been a registered Republican for two decades, and this is the best opening moment I have ever seen.

For those gloomy pessimists who say nothing can be done, consider the neoconservatives, who started with a handful of people, but spent two decades and captured the party leadership. We're starting out with many more people than they did, and a message which is proving to be more attractive.

And we have the Founders and their Constitution on our side.

Imperial
11-08-2008, 07:08 PM
I concur. Local buildup of third parties does not have nearly as much of an effect as local efforts in the Republican Party.

In addition, your efforts will gain fruit if you can shape local ideas for when the GOP swings back to dominance in the electoral cycles we go through. Unlike a third party or apathy, these ideas will work their way up from the inside rather than forcing their way through(or never attempting to break through!).