PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Palin Republican Scapegoat

Jeff.OToole
11-08-2008, 03:43 AM
I have to admit when I first heard the Republican Party picked Sarah Palin to be McCains running mate I couldn’t for the life of me understand their decision. I did some basic Google searching and realized within 20 minutes she was in no way qualified to be the VP of the United Sates. When they finally allowed her to get in front of a camera she removed any possible remaining doubt. You guys saw the interviews. Wow. There were reports that she was not properly vetted but even at the time I couldn’t help but think there is no possible way the Republican Party didn’t know how unqualified she was. The Republicans are a lot of things but stupid isn’t one of them. I just couldn’t quite put the puzzle together.

I wasn’t really surprised when McCains numbers went up after Palin was announced. She was charismatic, she was folksy, she was interesting, and her views and positions catered to the far right – a group of Republicans notorious for favouring religious rhetoric to intelligence in a candidate. And we do live in America, a country where the substance of the issues falls at the bottom of the scale – well past star quality and likeability. There was even a time when I thought their gimmick might actually work.

After the glimmer wore off though America finally sat back and reflected on the possibility of this woman being one step from the Presidency with only a 72 year old man w/ multiple heart attacks blocking her way and were rightly scared to death. Poll numbers began to decline and Obama never looked back. Again I was not surprised but I just couldn’t figure out what the Republicans were thinking.

This week the news has been drowned in stories about just how bad Sarah Palin really was. Every single network – even Fox News – has been lambasting her lack of knowledge on key issues and basically stating the obvious facts that the American people have known for months. They have gone farther though with numerous attacks on her character and all of a sudden seem to have the unified goal of absolutely humiliating her in front of the entire world. Wasn’t this the same group arguing how qualified and capable she was for the last several months? ...That’s when it hit me.

The Republican Party undoubtedly did the math early on in this election and realised there was no possible way they were going to beat Obama. What was worse, with a black man running with support levels unheard of in recent memory there was no way they were going to get away with any creative vote counting on election day either. A loss was this time inevitable. That’s when the Republican Party turned their focus from how to win an election to how to best lose it. Enter Sarah Palin.

The Republicans knew she would energise crowds and grab massive media attention. They knew that women would immediately identify with her. They knew that pro-life Republicans, Christians, and Rednecks (a solid portion of their base) from across the country would flock to her like the disciples to Jesus. They knew that America would fall in love with her thus LEGITIMIZING their decision to pick her as McCain’s running mate. No one could then blame the Republican Party for making a bad decision – she energised the base!

What the Republicans also knew was that with her lack of qualification and knowledge of basic issues she would be an easy target when they lost the election. She would be the perfect person to give the blame. The Republican Party couldn’t stand to have their long held ideals defeated in Election 2008 so they needed a fall guy. That guy was Sarah Palin. It finally all made sense.

I’d like to finish with some thoughts about the fact that Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent and couldn’t name the countries in NAFTA. Yes this is appalling. It’s appalling that an intelligent woman capable of managing a budget of 11 million dollars as governor of a one of the 50 states doesn’t know this basic information. You know what? The majority of Americans wouldn’t know the answers to those questions either. It’s not really a lack of intelligence as much as a lack of education. And who have we given the task of educating American citizens? That’s right – the governments own Department of Education. Do you feel the irony? ...If the Republican Party really wants to see who REALLY cost them this election they should take a long hard look in a mirror.

lodge939
11-08-2008, 06:03 AM
I think McCain's poll decline had more to due with the financial crisis and his response than Palin.

HollyforRP
11-08-2008, 06:09 AM
I find it offensive how they are blaming everything went wrong on her and it shows their true sexist nature.

The truth is, they picked the wrong candidate but will they accept that? No! They have no remorse for their crooked attempts to suppress Ron Paul because they didn't like him.

The GOP doesn't really want to accept any responsibilites, they just want to blame it all on the woman as if Mccain could do no wrong.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-08-2008, 07:12 AM
I did some basic Google searching and realized within 20 minutes she was in no way qualified to be the VP of the United Sates.

I prefer someone "unqualified." She was the best of that deplorable bunch (McCain, Obama, Biden), because she has at least mentioned before that she believes in self-governance.

The media would not like to see someone like Palin running again. That's what it amounts to. She supported succession in Alaska, and she's way more like us than your average neocon.

And I don't like her. But it's also more convenient to blame her than failed neocon policies and ideas.

Sandra
11-08-2008, 07:52 AM
I prefer someone "unqualified." She was the best of that deplorable bunch (McCain, Obama, Biden), because she has at least mentioned before that she believes in self-governance.

The media would not like to see someone like Palin running again. That's what it amounts to. She supported succession in Alaska, and she's way more like us than your average neocon.

And I don't like her. But it's also more convenient to blame her than failed neocon policies and ideas.

Yet we were criticized by her for wanting to "quit" the war in Iraq. Total, total flip flop. So much for her secessionist pro constitution angle.

nodope0695
11-08-2008, 08:13 AM
I find it offensive how they are blaming everything went wrong on her and it shows their true sexist nature.

The truth is, they picked the wrong candidate but will they accept that? No! They have no remorse for their crooked attempts to suppress Ron Paul because they didn't like him.

The GOP doesn't really want to accept any responsibilites, they just want to blame it all on the woman as if Mccain could do no wrong.

Welcome to the GOP. Why do u think I jumped off that sinking ship?

pcosmar
11-08-2008, 09:17 AM
She was picked to make McCain somewhat palatable to the Republican base. To put lipstick on the pig, so to speak.
McCain was a loser, and was picked as a loser. INTENTIONALLY.

No surprise that she is now the scapegoat.

James Madison
11-08-2008, 11:50 AM
McCain and the higher-ups of the GOP knew their role in this election: they were to lose. Now, why did the NWO demand Juan pick Palin as his veep? Because they knew she could be turned into a cartoon charachter and completely mocked, being from a state like Alaska as well as being a Christian. Bottom line, McCain was never meant to win but only there to create the illusion that the American people still have any influence over the president.

ChickenHawk
11-08-2008, 12:03 PM
McCain would have won if he had come out against the bail out. Palin helped him at least as much as she hurt him. McCain was the only Republican that even had the slightest chance this election because he is not much of a republican.

constitutional
11-08-2008, 01:05 PM
Palin was picked with good intention regardless of what some nuts say. GOP wanted to win the election but fell short. Palin is not the smartest person we found out few weeks after she was picked. As soon as the election was over, Senior aides of McCain campaign went out in full force attacking Palin camp. They want to make sure that she is will not run again. Does Palin plan to run again in 2012? If you ask me, yes.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Yet we were criticized by her for wanting to "quit" the war in Iraq. Total, total flip flop. So much for her secessionist pro constitution angle.

Sure, and that's exactly why I don't like her. It took about 5 minutes for her to become McCain Jr.

So who knows what she really thought, but I'm pretty sure I know what McCain, Obama and Biden thought through years of their action, and they had no confusion regarding my lack of rights.

HollyforRP
11-08-2008, 04:45 PM
Welcome to the GOP. Why do u think I jumped off that sinking ship?

Welcome to Liberty Cruise Lines.

Jeff.OToole
11-09-2008, 04:27 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. It will be interesting to watch how this all unfolds...

Philmanoman
11-09-2008, 08:22 AM
I have a feeling that Palin will disappear as quickly as she appeared on the scene.

klamath
11-09-2008, 09:13 AM
I have to admit when I first heard the Republican Party picked Sarah Palin to be McCains running mate I couldn’t for the life of me understand their decision. I did some basic Google searching and realized within 20 minutes she was in no way qualified to be the VP of the United Sates. When they finally allowed her to get in front of a camera she removed any possible remaining doubt. You guys saw the interviews. Wow. There were reports that she was not properly vetted but even at the time I couldn’t help but think there is no possible way the Republican Party didn’t know how unqualified she was. The Republicans are a lot of things but stupid isn’t one of them. I just couldn’t quite put the puzzle together.

I wasn’t really surprised when McCains numbers went up after Palin was announced. She was charismatic, she was folksy, she was interesting, and her views and positions catered to the far right – a group of Republicans notorious for favouring religious rhetoric to intelligence in a candidate. And we do live in America, a country where the substance of the issues falls at the bottom of the scale – well past star quality and likeability. There was even a time when I thought their gimmick might actually work.

After the glimmer wore off though America finally sat back and reflected on the possibility of this woman being one step from the Presidency with only a 72 year old man w/ multiple heart attacks blocking her way and were rightly scared to death. Poll numbers began to decline and Obama never looked back. Again I was not surprised but I just couldn’t figure out what the Republicans were thinking.

This week the news has been drowned in stories about just how bad Sarah Palin really was. Every single network – even Fox News – has been lambasting her lack of knowledge on key issues and basically stating the obvious facts that the American people have known for months. They have gone farther though with numerous attacks on her character and all of a sudden seem to have the unified goal of absolutely humiliating her in front of the entire world. Wasn’t this the same group arguing how qualified and capable she was for the last several months? ...That’s when it hit me.

The Republican Party undoubtedly did the math early on in this election and realised there was no possible way they were going to beat Obama. What was worse, with a black man running with support levels unheard of in recent memory there was no way they were going to get away with any creative vote counting on election day either. A loss was this time inevitable. That’s when the Republican Party turned their focus from how to win an election to how to best lose it. Enter Sarah Palin.

The Republicans knew she would energise crowds and grab massive media attention. They knew that women would immediately identify with her. They knew that pro-life Republicans, Christians, and Rednecks (a solid portion of their base) from across the country would flock to her like the disciples to Jesus. They knew that America would fall in love with her thus LEGITIMIZING their decision to pick her as McCain’s running mate. No one could then blame the Republican Party for making a bad decision – she energised the base!

What the Republicans also knew was that with her lack of qualification and knowledge of basic issues she would be an easy target when they lost the election. She would be the perfect person to give the blame. The Republican Party couldn’t stand to have their long held ideals defeated in Election 2008 so they needed a fall guy. That guy was Sarah Palin. It finally all made sense.

I’d like to finish with some thoughts about the fact that Palin didn’t know Africa was a continent and couldn’t name the countries in NAFTA. Yes this is appalling. It’s appalling that an intelligent woman capable of managing a budget of 11 million dollars as governor of a one of the 50 states doesn’t know this basic information. You know what? The majority of Americans wouldn’t know the answers to those questions either. It’s not really a lack of intelligence as much as a lack of education. And who have we given the task of educating American citizens? That’s right – the governments own Department of Education. Do you feel the irony? ...If the Republican Party really wants to see who REALLY cost them this election they should take a long hard look in a mirror.

McCain lost because nobody liked McCain to begin with. Palin took more fire from the media than any person in recent history. McCain failed because of mcCain. There is no question that Palin wasn't ready for national politics but many many of the mistakes palin susposedly made are media created. One that gets repeated even on a place like this that susposedly knows the US constitution is that statement that Palin said about the VP being head of the senate. People on here still are ridiculing her for that and they are the ones wrong. All they have to do is pick up a copy of the constitution and read what is said about the senate. The VP is the president of the senate.
Those in the GOP that are trying to take down Palin as the reason McCain lost are the neocon branch of the party. McCain lost because mcCain is a neocon an people are sick of them.