PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see Naomi Wolf on Fox this morning?

MsDoodahs
09-08-2007, 08:32 AM
I am not that familiar with her, but she has a book out. I googled for her name after I saw her on their morning show.

She is evidently a leftie. Here is a link to a Guardian UK article I found on her book. It's called Fascist America in 10 Easy Steps. She stated in the interview today that historically, all tyranny starts with the exact same steps.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2064157,00.html

Here are the ten steps listed:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy

2. Create a gulag

3. Develop a thug caste

4. Set up an internal surveillance system

5. Harass citizens' groups

6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release

7. Target key individuals

8. Control the press

9. Dissent equals treason

10. Suspend the rule of law

In her appearance this morning, she referred to the Founders multiple times, and how they tried to set up the gov't to prevent a tyrant from rising. One of the Fox guys said, yeah, but it is looking like Hillary will be president soon and Naomi surprised them by saying that she does not want ANY individual, regardless of party, to have these powers.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting, and might provide inroads with some left leaners to bring them around to Dr. Paul.

:)

Triton
09-08-2007, 09:43 AM
I am not that familiar with her, but she has a book out. I googled for her name after I saw her on their morning show.

She is evidently a leftie. Here is a link to a Guardian UK article I found on her book. It's called Fascist America in 10 Easy Steps. She stated in the interview today that historically, all tyranny starts with the exact same steps.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,,2064157,00.html

Here are the ten steps listed:

1. Invoke a terrifying internal and external enemy

2. Create a gulag

3. Develop a thug caste

4. Set up an internal surveillance system

5. Harass citizens' groups

6. Engage in arbitrary detention and release

7. Target key individuals

8. Control the press

9. Dissent equals treason

10. Suspend the rule of law

In her appearance this morning, she referred to the Founders multiple times, and how they tried to set up the gov't to prevent a tyrant from rising. One of the Fox guys said, yeah, but it is looking like Hillary will be president soon and Naomi surprised them by saying that she does not want ANY individual, regardless of party, to have these powers.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting, and might provide inroads with some left leaners to bring them around to Dr. Paul.

:)Yikes looks like we're right about step 9.

lucius
09-08-2007, 09:45 AM
At 10 I'm thinking...

ChooseLiberty
09-08-2007, 11:57 AM
It's good for people to have check lists.

What you can measure you can control, i.e. Tyranny.

Corydoras
09-08-2007, 12:33 PM
This article started me on the road to Ron Paul. I hadn't heard of the American Freedom Agenda before this article, and then I found out RP was the first and at that time the only presidential candidate who had signed its pledge. (John Cox was the second, I think.) When I read Naomi Wolf of all people saying something nice about an organization where one of the principals is Richard Viguerie of all people, I said, "A new era is dawning! People are starting to wake up!"

http://americanfreedomagenda.org/About/freedompledge.htm