PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sanford could possibly use our help on a privacy-protection issue.

Spirit of '76
11-08-2008, 12:01 AM
Earlier this year, the South Carolina legislature passed a bill that would mandate the collection of DNA from anyone arrested and charged with a felony in SC. The DNA would then be sent to a national storage facility for cataloging.

Governor Sanford vetoed the bill, saying that it not only would cost the taxpayers millions of dollars each year, but even worse it is a violation of our constitutional right to privacy.

The legislature overturned his veto.

Now, he -- along with the president of the SC NAACP -- have called for the legislature to reconsider its override of his veto.

You can find more on the issue on his website:
http://www.scgovernor.com/news/releases/10-28-08.htm

Any ideas on how we can get the C4L involved to help?

The00viper
11-08-2008, 01:45 AM
Work against the bill, but don't associate with Mark Sanford. He went to Bilderberg earlier this year.

WRellim
11-08-2008, 02:50 AM
Work against the bill, but don't associate with Mark Sanford. He went to Bilderberg earlier this year.

Stupidest reason to NOT support (or at least give a chance) to a very capable and solid man (and one who Ron Paul has known for years and has SUPPORTED via his Liberty PAC).

If I had the chance to go to a Bilderberg meeting, heck I would... (probably make sure I was wired for sound & vid... but I'd go.)

Doesn't mean I'd agree with them... heck, I'd give them both barrels!

TruthAtLast
11-08-2008, 02:52 AM
Stupidest reason to NOT support (or at least give a chance) to a very capable and solid man (and one who Ron Paul has known for years and has SUPPORTED via his Liberty PAC).

If I had the chance to go to a Bilderberg meeting, heck I would... (probably make sure I was wired for sound & vid... but I'd go.)

+1000

I'm still learning about Sanford and there may be reasons not to support him, but him attending a Bilderberg meeting is NOT it. I would go in a second.

Spirit of '76
11-08-2008, 07:01 AM
So, any ideas?

Get people writing articles and letters to the press?

Phone calls and emails? My concern about this one is a huge influx of out-of-state calls and emails could actually harm the cause.

What else is there? Perhaps a website highlighting the issue?

Spirit of '76
11-12-2008, 11:13 PM
*Bump*

literatim
11-12-2008, 11:21 PM

You only get an invite if you are part of the elite.

Spirit of '76
11-12-2008, 11:39 PM

Good post.

It's sad that some people are more interested in whining about Sanford having attended a conference than in helping him put an end to an unconstitutional law that would require an entire state to collect DNA samples from everyone accused of a crime.

Spirit of '76
11-14-2008, 12:56 PM
I guess nobody cares about the SC legislature mandating the collection of DNA from people who are nominally innocent until proven guilty.

LibertyEagle
11-14-2008, 01:01 PM
I agree with you Spirit. This is an issue that should be near and dear to our hearts and Sanford is on the right side of this. If we do not help him stop this DNA BS, we are doing nothing but shooting ourselves in the foot.

That said, I'll send the link to Debbie Hopper, FWIW. :)

Spirit of '76
11-14-2008, 01:14 PM
I agree with you Spirit. This is an issue that should be near and dear to our hearts and Sanford is on the right side of this. If we do not help him stop this DNA BS, we are doing nothing but shooting ourselves in the foot.

That said, I'll send the link to Debbie Hopper, FWIW. :)

Thanks. The very least we can do is bring some national attention to it.

dannno
11-14-2008, 01:25 PM
There's a huge difference between helping a liberty minded candidate with some legislation and drafting him for the Presidency. No reason not to help.