PDA

View Full Version : Obama No Longer Requires Service...Just a Goal Now.

mconder
11-07-2008, 11:37 PM
This is a follow up thread to one posted earlier today with a link to his website. The website originally read:

"Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year.”

Now the website reads:

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

Holy crap! It's a little early yet in the Obama dictatorship for them to be using the memory hole.

Link: http://change.gov/americaserves

Jeremy
11-07-2008, 11:40 PM
Just like there's no federal law that says you have to be 21 to drink?

Kevin_Kennedy
11-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Regardless of what it says now, I think the goal is still to require students to do 50 or 100 hours of community service.

nate895
11-07-2008, 11:55 PM
BTW, one of my classes accepted volunteering for Ron Paul as community service :D, so if you are in school use these hours to our advantage. Barack Obama might just goal his way into his own defeat if this succeeds.

AbolishTheGovt
11-08-2008, 12:00 AM
I get it. He's going to use inflation and other forms of taxation to make it financially impossible for kids to afford college unless they take part in his community "service" plan.

thomaspaine23
11-08-2008, 12:07 AM
Here is my "community service"

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44436738m1c32d485/bc/pics/amkorpschick.jpg?bf7NTFJBZl1K93VS

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44436738m1c32d485/bc/pics/NationalService2009.jpg?bf6NTFJBwKVcEw99

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44436738m1c32d485/bc/pics/uncbro3.jpg?bf6NTFJBJwQci.ef

http://us.f13.yahoofs.com/bc/44436738m1c32d485/bc/pics/kiddie.jpg?bf6NTFJBBrELgC90

Anti Federalist
11-08-2008, 12:18 AM
http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/wtf-animated.gif

RSLudlum
11-08-2008, 12:22 AM
Now the website reads:

developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

WOW!!! WTF??? You mean I'm gonna be paying some college students $40/hour for community service work?

ihsv
11-08-2008, 12:29 AM
Curious... I'll bet the Office of President-Elect Barack Hussein Obama already has the NSA, CIA, DHS, KGB, SS and FBI monitoring these forums on a regular basis :)

::waves::

RonPaulFanInGA
11-08-2008, 01:02 AM
I have a strong feeling that with the way the economy is going, Obama's policies and the aura of "the real first black president" winning all gone, that Obama is going to get kicked right to the curb in 2012.

TruthAtLast
11-08-2008, 01:37 AM
BTW, one of my classes accepted volunteering for Ron Paul as community service :D, so if you are in school use these hours to our advantage. Barack Obama might just goal his way into his own defeat if this succeeds.

haha. that's classic

JVParkour
11-08-2008, 07:15 AM
My facebook group already has 137 people. I dont think they are liking that either. I guess I will change the wording around a bit.

mczerone
11-08-2008, 07:32 AM
WOW!!! WTF??? You mean I'm gonna be paying some college students $40/hour for community service work?

Not Just "some". Probably closer to "all".

At about 20 Million College enrollees, where 85% (my guess) take the bait, that gives the Federal Government a bill of $68 Billion Dollars

Just another drop in the bucket at this point.

That is a per-year figure, based on the wording of "100 hours per year".

coyote_sprit
11-08-2008, 07:36 AM
It's not mandatory to stop at a stop light.

nodope0695
11-08-2008, 08:18 AM
I have nothing against community service, we do lots of it in the Navy. I'm a volunteer firefighter/emt on my off time here in southern Maryland.

The important thing for Heir Obama to realize that it is VOLUNTARY. To force somebody to do something is SLAVERY. In the Navy, we call it being "VOLUNCHOSEN".

Mini-Me
11-08-2008, 08:26 AM
Assuming this accurately reflects the policy as it will be implemented in law, I'm feeling a lot better about this, since it no longer seems to set any new precedent for federal power.

Revolution9
11-08-2008, 08:49 AM
So, you do 50 hours each in grades 9-12. You then get 16K USD? If not the wording is bogified as it implies that you do one year of indoctrination and get the college 4K. Expect all kinds of word trickery.

Randy

pebcak
11-08-2008, 08:52 AM
I have nothing against community service, we do lots of it in the Navy. I'm a volunteer firefighter/emt on my off time here in southern Maryland.

The important thing for Heir Obama to realize that it is VOLUNTARY. To force somebody to do something is SLAVERY. In the Navy, we call it being "VOLUNCHOSEN".

And in the Army it's VOLUNTOLD! :D

afmatt
11-08-2008, 09:35 AM
And in the Army it's VOLUNTOLD! :D

Same in the Air Force :D

angelatc
11-08-2008, 09:38 AM
Regardless of what it says now, I think the goal is still to require students to do 50 or 100 hours of community service.

It wasn't just students. The original paragraph read:
The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

He wants seniors to work for their Social Security.

ShowMeLiberty
11-08-2008, 10:00 AM
This is a follow up thread to one posted earlier today with a link to his website. The website originally read:

"Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year.”

Now the website reads:

Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by setting a goal that all middle school and high school students do 50 hours of community service a year and by developing a plan so that all college students who conduct 100 hours of community service receive a universal and fully refundable tax credit ensuring that the first $4,000 of their college education is completely free.

Holy crap! It's a little early yet in the Obama dictatorship for them to be using the memory hole.

Link: http://change.gov/americaserves

A tax credit, eh? In other words, work to get back money that you already worked for and was taken from you in taxes? Wow. That's brilliant. :rolleyes:

It wasn't just students. The original paragraph read:

He wants seniors to work for their Social Security.

Seniors to work (again) to get the money they already worked to put into Social Security. :rolleyes:

If there will be no avoiding the "voluntary" program, this would seriously be the way to do it. Good thinking.

My ex was in the Navy. He said they joked that "NAVY" was an acronym for "Never Again Volunteer Yourself". :D

Anti Federalist
11-08-2008, 11:17 AM

NAVY = Never Again Volunteer Yourself.
:bunchies:

Immortal Technique
11-08-2008, 11:25 AM
I have a strong feeling that with the way the economy is going, Obama's policies and the aura of "the real first black president" winning all gone, that Obama is going to get kicked right to the curb in 2012.

There are also elections in 2010 lets not forget, more seats in the house that we can get in from T.C.F.L the closer we get to taking everything back.
Campaign For Liberty 2010 & 2012 lets get to work people
Legalize the constitution!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mport1
11-08-2008, 11:38 AM
Well we know what his true intentions are now. This will not end up being voluntary.

Cinderella
11-08-2008, 11:55 AM
what are u guys talkign about this will not be made voluntary? this cannot stand!! amendment 13 (if its still worth anything) states:

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2. Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

i can only imagine how many people will take this to the supreme court, me being one of them, if he tries to mandate this...theres no way!

on a side note i think this is kinda like a pre draft...maybe they want to see how the public will react to this type of situation....im really all set, i will not being doing any mandatory community service and i will support anyone else who feels the same...if i want to volunteer i will do so on my own accord when i want however i want etc...the gov will not tell me to slave myself for the good of the community...i do enough as is

fuck u obama

llama llama llama
:bunchies::bunchies::bunchies: