PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Chief Of Staff - Rahm Israel Emanuel - Is a Member Of Israeli Defense Forces

Contumacious
11-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Rahm Israel Emanuel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel)(Hebrew: רם עמנואל‎) was born in Chicago, Illinois.[30] His first name, Rahm, means "high" or "lofty" in Hebrew,[31] while his last name, Emanuel, means "God is with us." According to his father, his son is the namesake of Rahamim, a Lehi combatant who was killed.[32] Rahm’s surname was adopted by his family in 1933, after Rahm’s paternal uncle, Emanuel Auerbach, was killed in a skirmish with Arabs in Jerusalem.[33]

His father, the Jerusalem-born Benjamin M. Emanuel, is a pediatrician and former member of the paramilitary Irgun,[32] which operated from 1931 to 1948 during the British Mandate of Palestine, before the founding of Israel. The Anglo–American Committee of Inquiry and the New York Times labeled Irgun a terrorist group for its bombings of Arab and British civilian and government targets.[34][35][36][37] According to the New York Times he passed passed secret codes for Irgun leader Menachem Begin.[38]

Emanuel's mother, Martha Smulevitz, worked as an X-ray technician and was the daughter of a local union organizer.[6] She became a civil rights activist; she was also once the owner of a Chicago-area rock and roll club.[33] The two met in Chicago in the 1950s.[39] Emanuel's older brother, Ezekiel, is an oncologist and bioethicist, and his brother Ari is a talent agent in Los Angeles who inspired Jeremy Piven's character Ari Gold on the HBO series Entourage.[6] Emanuel himself is the inspiration for the character Josh Lyman on The West Wing[40]. Emanuel is a first cousin of Howard Stern show writer Benjy Bronk. [6] Emanuel also has a younger adopted sister named Shoshanna, 14 years his junior.[6][33]

When his family lived in Chicago, he attended Bernard Zell Anshe Emet Day School, a Jewish day school. After his family moved to Wilmette, he attended public school: Romona School, Wilmette Junior High School, and New Trier West High School.[39][19] At some point during his high school years, while working at an Arby's restaurant, Emanuel severely injured his right middle finger. Rather than seek medical treatment, he went swimming in Lake Michigan. He sought medical attention only after suffering severe infection as a result of the wound, resulting in the amputation of the finger. [41]

He graduated from Sarah Lawrence College in 1981, and went on to receive a master's degree in Speech and Communication from Northwestern University in 1985. While still an undergraduate, he joined the congressional campaign of David Robinson of Chicago.[42]

Emanuel was a civilian volunteer in the Israel Defense Forces during the 1991 Persian Gulf War, serving in one of Israel's northern bases.[13][14]

Emanuel's wife, Amy Rule, a graduate of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, converted to Modern Orthodox Judaism shortly before her wedding.[13] They are members of Anshe Sholom B'nai Israel, a Modern Orthodox congregation in Chicago.[7] They have three children, son Zachariah and daughters Ilana and Leah. Rahm is 5'11".[citation needed]

Rabbi Asher Lopatin of Anshe Sholom B'nai Israel Congregation is quoted as saying: "It's a very involved Jewish family"; "Amy was one of the teachers for a class for children during the High Holidays two years ago."[7] Emanuel has said of his Judaism: "I am proud of my heritage and treasure the values it has taught me."[7] Emanuel's family lives on the North Side of Chicago, in the North Center neighborhood.[31]

Emanuel trains for and participates in triathlons.[19]

cindy25
11-07-2008, 09:13 PM
BATTERING RAHM TO HIT DC

By BRENDAN SCOTT with Post Wire Services

Make way for "Rahmbo."

Rep. Rahm Emanuel accepted Barack Obama's offer to become his chief of staff yesterday in a move that's sure to bring a sharp edge the White House.

Over the last 15 years, the hot-tempered Chicago congressman has been one of the Democratic Party's most formidable brawlers, a political force of nature known for tabletop tirades and unabashed fund-raising.

The 48-year-old Emanuel's brashness is so legendary it inspired the character of White House aide Josh Lyman on "The West Wing."

Democratic strategist Paul Begala once described him as a "cross between a hemorrhoid and a toothache."

Republicans immediately slammed his ascension to the top White House post.

"This is an ironic choice for a president-elect who has promised to change Washington, make politics more civil, and govern from the center," House Republican Leader John Boehner (Ohio) said.

But Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton - in her first public appearance since Obama was elected - said last night that Emanuel was "an excellent choice . . . He gets things done."

A taste for the rough-and-tumble seems to run through Emanuel's DNA.

His mother, Marsha, was jailed three times for protesting during the civil-rights movement.

His Jerusalem-born father, Benjamin, tried to smuggle guns into British Palestine before immigrating to Chicago to start a family and a pediatric practice.

Rahm's brother, hot-shot Hollywood agent Ari, provided source material for the hard-charger with the same first name played by Jeremy Piven on the HBO series "Entourage."

During the first Gulf War, Rahm volunteered in the Israeli army.

Emanuel cut his political teeth working on the campaigns of Illinois Democrats, including Mayor Richard Daley. His career took off when he met a little-known governor - Bill Clinton.

In the White House, he helped craft key Clinton policies, including the North American Free Trade Agreement. Emanuel also choreographed the 1993 handshake between Israel Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin and PLO leader Yasser Arafat.

In 1999, Emanuel took his dealmaking acumen to the private sector and banked $16 million before being elected to the House in 2002.

Within four years, he quarterbacked the Democrats' return to the majority and scored the chamber's fourth most powerful post.

In the process, Emanuel also earned the nickname "Rahmbo."

Observers say Emanuel could bring a needed edge to Obama, whose relaxed campaign style inspired the moniker "No Drama Obama."

"I know something about the White House," Emanuel told Chicago TV, who is married with three kids.

"But I also know something about what it means to a family."

HOLLYWOOD
11-07-2008, 09:22 PM
Looking through ALL of Rahm EMANUEL's BIOs and history...

He's a Religious Zealot Zionist with dual citizenship with Israel who NOW has one of the most sensitive executive positions in the executive branch of government.

Think about that, when this MOSSAD INTELLIGENCE FOREIGNER took his Oath of Allegiance to the Jewish State of Israel.

So you now have 2 that should NOT belong in the executive branch, EVER~!

Contumacious
11-07-2008, 09:25 PM
BATTERING RAHM TO HIT DC"

The Point is that Obama is just another McCain with dark complexion. His right hand man is an American-Israeli with dual citizenship. I expect Obama to announce at any time the reason he changed his mind about bringing the troops home from Iraq. They will remain there a 100 years.

Contumacious
11-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Why Iraqis, Afghans, Palestinians, and Others Might Be Nervous About President Obama

By Amy Goodman (http://www.alternet.org/waroniraq/106196/why_iraqis,_afghans,_palestinians,_and_others_migh t_be_nervous_about_president_obama/?page=4)

AA: Well, I thought it was quite ironic, since a lot of racists have tried to make an issue out of Barack Obama's middle name, Hussein, that the same kind of people might be happy with Rahm Israel Emanuel's middle name. And indeed, Emanuel is one of the most hard-line supporters of Israel in the Congress and has been for many years. He's the son of Benjamin Emanuel, who actually was a gun runner for the Irgun, the Zionist, pre-Israel Zionist, militia that carried out numerous terrorist attacks on Palestinian civilians, including the bombing of the King David Hotel.

Reason
11-08-2008, 12:23 AM
http://www.atlanticblog.com/archives/mccain%20and%20obama%20as%20jewish%20puppets.jpg

Nuff Said

Contumacious
11-08-2008, 07:46 AM
When the House Democratic majority passed a military appropriations bill slated for Iraq, a clause that would have prohibited an attack on Iran without a vote in Congress was deleted at the instigation of Emanuel (http://antiwar.com/justin/?articleid=13728) and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. When Rep. John Murtha presaged the popular rebellion against the Iraq war by coming out against it in no uncertain terms, Emanuel urged Pelosi to refrain from endorsing his call for withdrawal, arguing that it would hurt the Democrats politically.

Bruno
11-08-2008, 08:01 AM
http://www.atlanticblog.com/archives/mccain%20and%20obama%20as%20jewish%20puppets.jpg

Nuff Said

Nice one!

liberteebell
11-08-2008, 08:04 AM
WTF, WTF??? How in the hell can a dual citizen of ANY country be in any position of power in this country??????????????????????

Waiting for my son's haircut at the barbershop the other day, a Phillipino barber was denouncing dual citizenships saying, "you can't be loyal to 2 countries". Well, DUH!!

Contumacious
11-08-2008, 08:21 AM
WTF, WTF??? How in the hell can a dual citizen of ANY country be in any position of power in this country??????????????????????

Waiting for my son's haircut at the barbershop the other day, a Phillipino barber was denouncing dual citizenships saying, "you can't be loyal to 2 countries". Well, DUH!!

Chill out. Emanuel has pledged loyalty to just ONE country...........Israel.

liberteebell
11-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Chill out. Emanuel has pledged loyalty to just ONE country...........Israel.

Thank you for your assurance!!!!11 I feel better already! :rolleyes:

Contumacious
11-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Thank you for your assurance!!!!11 I feel better already! :rolleyes:

Don't blame me I didn't vote for Big O.

cindy25
11-08-2008, 07:18 PM

nothing wrong with dual citizenship-its actually a great tool to fight the bureaucrats. But not at that high an office.

Your barber can send his children to the Philippines if there is a draft, where they can wait safely for a return to sanity.
Your barber can use his alternate passport to deal with foreign banks and mutual funds afraid to deal with Americans.

but the Chief of staff should not have dual loyalties, either officially or unofficially (Joe Lieberman and Chuck Shumer have almost as much loyalty to Israel as Emanuel its just not official)