PDA

View Full Version : An important lesson I learned from the movie "Boiler Room": ACT AS IF

krott5333
09-08-2007, 07:46 AM
Act as if Ron Paul is going to be the next president of the United States.

Act as if everyone knows who Ron Paul is, and if they don't, they must be living under a rock.

Act as if Ron Paul is not only a top tier candidate, but is above the "top tier"

Act as if Ron Paul is in a whole other league compared to fringe candidates such as Giuliani, Clinton, Obama, etc.

Act as if the people you talk to will want to donate to the campaign, and therefore must be provided with the phone number and website so they can run home and donate.

Slugg
09-08-2007, 07:49 AM
Sounds silly, but that's what the media does huh?

MicroBalrog
09-08-2007, 08:04 AM
What is "Boiler Room"?:confused:

krott5333
09-08-2007, 08:07 AM
What is "Boiler Room"?:confused:

a movie.

winston_blade
09-08-2007, 08:38 AM
a movie.

Vin Diesel is gay. Other than that, I actually do like that movie.

allyinoh
09-08-2007, 08:41 AM
It does make sense to act as if everyone knows him and if you don't you must be living under a rock.

I think if people were like, "You like Ron Paul? Who is he?" Instead of, "Oh, well he's a presidential candidate...." if you said something like, "You don't know who RP is? Everyone knows who RP is! Let me tell you about him so you know as well..."

Something like that seems almost a better way to go about doing it. If you make it seem like they are on the outside they will want to be "in the know" and will be wanting to learn about him.

Good ideas!

krott5333
09-08-2007, 08:42 AM
It does make sense to act as if everyone knows him and if you don't you must be living under a rock.

I think if people were like, "You like Ron Paul? Who is he?" Instead of, "Oh, well he's a presidential candidate...." if you said something like, "You don't know who RP is? Everyone knows who RP is! Let me tell you about him so you know as well..."

Something like that seems almost a better way to go about doing it. If you make it seem like they are on the outside they will want to be "in the know" and will be wanting to learn about him.

Good ideas!

dont thank me, thank Ben Affleck.

lucius
09-08-2007, 09:46 AM
Act as if Ron Paul is going to be the next president of the United States.

Act as if everyone knows who Ron Paul is, and if they don't, they must be living under a rock.

Act as if Ron Paul is not only a top tier candidate, but is above the "top tier"

Act as if Ron Paul is in a whole other league compared to fringe candidates such as Giuliani, Clinton, Obama, etc.

Act as if the people you talk to will want to donate to the campaign, and therefore must be provided with the phone number and website so they can run home and donate.

Perfect..will do!

McDermit
09-08-2007, 01:16 PM
Just don't make them feel too dumb.. the sheeple don't like when we do that!

katao
09-08-2007, 01:19 PM
Very astute analysis!

Peer pressure is amazing - people want to be on the winning side.

Marceline88
09-08-2007, 01:22 PM
I love this notion. Thoughts are things, so think positively and reality will bend to the thought. Intention counts for everything, so intend with every fiber of your being that he will win.

It's the power of prayer, the power of positive thinking, the power of visualization.
It's just basic metaphysics. As man thinketh, so shall he be. SO think yourself Free!

Bluedevil
09-08-2007, 01:26 PM
very good advice.

Roxi
09-08-2007, 01:52 PM
boiler room is an awesome movie... when i first started out as a telemarketer i learned a lot from this movie (not the scam part, the technique part) and this is great advice

DjLoTi
09-08-2007, 02:09 PM
This post made me laugh. lol @ the boiler room.