PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul to be on Dennis Miller Radio program

MsDoodahs
05-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Sorry if this is already posted, I didn't see anything:

Congressman Ron Paul will be a guest on the Dennis Miller radio show on Wednesday, May 30th at 10:15 a.m. CT.

Link to website for the show:

http://www.dennismillerradio.com/

(Is this good or bad? :confused: )

Sakimoto
05-29-2007, 05:55 PM
I haven't watch Miller in a while but I remember he is pro-Iraq war... I'd bet that is going to be the focus of the conversation/argument.

randolphus maximus
05-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Sorry if this is already posted, I didn't see anything:

Congressman Ron Paul will be a guest on the Dennis Miller radio show on Wednesday, May 30th at 10:15 a.m. CT.

Link to website for the show:

http://www.dennismillerradio.com/

(Is this good or bad? :confused: )

I've listened to Dennis a number of times on the radio and he is definitely a Rudy Giuliani guy. Dennis has proclaimed himself a 9/11 Republican. That being said, all the guests that he has on there he treats respectfully. I think that having Ron Paul on there will be a good interview.

kylejack
05-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Dennis Miller just hasn't discovered yet that he is a libertarian. Maybe Ron will show him tomorrow.

Blowback
05-29-2007, 06:04 PM
Dennis is way pro-war but he seems to not be a complete idiot about it (Hannity comes to mind). He even defended Colmes one time when Colmes questioned the Iraq war. He is "somewhat libertarian" on social issues so I think they should find common ground there. I personally can't see it being a bad thing as Ron Paul continues to hit all interviews out of the park.

winston_blade
05-29-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't see any interview being bad for Ron Paul at this point, unless of course it was an interview with Playboy or something like that. Right now, he needs to get his name out there, so he should go on every show he can....even Hannity's (that was way to hard for me to type, but its true).

NMCB3
05-29-2007, 06:26 PM
I don't see any interview being bad for Ron Paul at this point, unless of course it was an interview with Playboy or something like that. Right now, he needs to get his name out there, so he should go on every show he can....even Hannity's (that was way to hard for me to type, but its true).The problem with Hannity`s show is he won`t let Ron Speak, and even if he did his audience is all neocons. They are really nothing more than fascists, they don`t listen to reason, and anyone with a dissenting opinion is labeled a "America hater," or various other slogans that they have been indoctrinated with. Plus after the interview is over Hannity and his robots will spend the rest of the show trying to make him look bad. I think Ron could make better use of his time. :)

ksuguy
05-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Didn't even know he had a radio show.

ronpaulitician
05-29-2007, 07:01 PM
Miller is a self-confessed liberal who was so affected by 9/11 that he's become a hawk. I have a feeling that he's much like my GOP colleague though: if you talk sense, you may get him to realize he's a lot less hawkish than he thinks he is. Not that I think Paul will change his mind during that interview, but Miller will give him a chance to present his case.

lbadragan
05-29-2007, 07:53 PM
Miller is a big Giuliani fan, so don't expect any substantive questions like: What evidence can you present to back up your point that our foreign policy is counterproductive to the war against terrorism? Why do you believe our war on drugs is misguided and unconstitutional? What are your views on taxation? If you were President, how would you protect America? What are your thoughts on border security and how would you achieve it?

Instead, expect the same bs questions like how can you blame america, why don't you run as a democrat, etc...

tnvoter
05-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Dennis MIller is not going to be an easy interview, but Dr. Paul can hold his own, as he did the first time Bill Maher interviewed him.

More than likely, if Miller has an agenda, he will be taken off gaurd by Paul's knowledge of history and economics, and awareness of what's going on in the country. Therefore, it's going to be good.

I can't wait ! I don't get his show in my area, so hopefully someone will have it posted.

specsaregood
05-29-2007, 10:57 PM
//

kylejack
05-29-2007, 11:24 PM
There is a link on the homepage (http://www.dennismillerradio.com/) for "Listen to Today's show" and "Download Today's Show". Ron Paul comes on at 10:15am EST.

OP says 10:15 CST. Which is correct?

lucky
05-29-2007, 11:31 PM
Never liked Dennis Miller. He is ok and all but could never take him seriously on any issues. I am cringing thinking of Ron Paul going on his show but I feel sure he will do fine.

kylejack
05-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Can someone record this? Thanks.

DrStrabismus
05-30-2007, 06:17 AM
OP says 10:15 CST. Which is correct?

Miller's radio website says the show is on from 10am to 1pm EST and Paul is on during the second hour, so start listening around 11am EST.

specsaregood
05-30-2007, 09:01 AM
//

kylejack
05-30-2007, 09:11 AM
Anyone else having problems streaming it? It keeps wanting to give me the show from yesterday.

brent022
05-30-2007, 09:16 AM
I'm not having any problems. I just clicked listen live now from the shows main page.

kylejack
05-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Yeah, I figured it out. Click Listen Live instead of Listen to Today's Show.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-30-2007, 09:18 AM
Then you can listen again after the entire show is over.

Why do I come to this forum everytime Ron Paul is about to speak? Everyone got their coffee in hand and ears on?

DrStrabismus
05-30-2007, 09:34 AM
I guess that's it, miller was pretty fair I thought, let RP talk, especially about other things than the war, miller agreed with him on most of the other issues other than the war. I guess they'll take callers now.

swatmc
05-30-2007, 09:41 AM
Did Dennis Miller really say that we are going to be at war with Islam for 50-100 years?

At the rate of Iraq...how is that even POSSIBLE?

Wouldn't that bankrupt the country and kill millions upon millions of people?

What the heck is this man talking about?

beermotor
05-30-2007, 09:49 AM
Laf - that's the point. It is a mind boggling proposition. The country is already "bankrupt" - there's nowhere else to go from here. Like RP says, you can't wage war on a TACTIC. And war isn't going to solve the problem/issue, either. Ever. Period.

People who think that 9/11 is somehow some sort of different situation are blinded by foolish instinctual reactions, and are not exercising RATIONAL THOUGHT processes.

NMCB3
05-30-2007, 09:51 AM
Did Dennis Miller really say that we are going to be at war with Islam for 50-100 years?Thats what Cheny and the rest of the neocons say as well. That is their plan.

swatmc
05-30-2007, 09:52 AM
I wish I caught the exact quote.

But Ron Paul said something along the lines of "I understand the emotion, but the logic isn't there."

It really makes me upset that Dennis Miller is calling for a 100 year war against radical Islam when... he is not going to fight.

I might fight. I'm only 23.

I have friends and family in the military, they are going to fight.

Where the hell does this man off saying that Iraq is "just the beginning" when it comes to some massive war?

How does the United States expect to survive such a war?

Is there some serious a serious Dr. Strangelove mentality going on in the neo con circles?

NMCB3
05-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I wish I caught the exact quote.

But Ron Paul said something along the lines of "I understand the emotion, but the logic isn't there."

It really makes me upset that Dennis Miller is calling for a 100 year war against radical Islam when... he is not going to fight.

I might fight. I'm only 23.

I have friends and family in the military, they are going to fight.

Where the hell does this man off saying that Iraq is "just the beginning" when it comes to some massive war?

How does the United States expect to survive such a war?

Is there some serious a serious Dr. Strangelove mentality going on in the neo con circles?
He is a chickenhawk. The best thing for America would be to round up the chickenhawks and send them over to Iraq to fight. Since they are so gung-ho about it maybe they can show us how its done.

Bossobass
05-30-2007, 10:19 AM
It was impossible to get through to his show. I'm sure hundreds of calls swamped his lines.

I wanted to say that Dennis sounds precisely like LBJ in his speeches to expand the Vietnam war. Just juxtapose 'radical Islam' with 'Communist', the 'Domino Theory' with the 'War on Terror' and 'Asia' with the 'Middle East'.

The Domino Theory [War on Terror] held that if we didn't stop those lousy Communists [Radical Islamo-Fascists] in Vietnam [Iraq] , the rest of Asia [the Middle East] would fall like dominoes, and the rest of the world would soon follow.

Those lousy Communists [radical Islamo-fascists] are hell-bent on destroying America and the American way of life.

We had 3 times the troops and hardware in Vietnam and killed 2 million Vietnamese and lost 60 thousand Americans and the Vietnamese kicked our tails out of there after more than a decade of war.

Did the rest of Asia fall like dominoes? Did the world soon follow? Did we learn anything about war propaganda and the demonization of a simple people into our mortal enemies who are single-minded about destroying us?

Apparently Dennis Miller hasn't learned anything.

He mentions the ME becoming a 'Killing Field' if we leave Iraq now. The UN estimates over 1,000,000 died as a direct result of sanctions against Iraq, and the killing continues.

We abruptly pulled out of Iraq the first time and millions of Iraqis and Kurds were tortured and killed by the Saddam Regime which it didn't seem to matter to Pappy Bush in the least.

What constitutes a 'Killing Field', Dennis?

This country is becoming insane. If anything, one should reason that we aren't in Iraq to fight terrorists. We're there to create terrorists to justify the huge expenditures that make the same few people rich who got rich on every war this century...the Central Banks who make the loans out of thin air, and the Arms Industry.

Bosso

joeu
05-30-2007, 10:25 AM
I listened to the entire Miller show with Ron Paul. He gave Ron Paul time to talk but didn't take any calls. It seemd a very short interview.

At the end though he took a cheap shot in my opinion. Without giving Ron Paul time to respond he ended the interview with "'but I'm not going to vote for you because of the war."

angelatc
05-30-2007, 10:34 AM
I just can't on board with Dennis Miller. HE's a Giuliano guy, and I know that. That whole "big dog" thing upsets me though. I don't want to be the bully of the world. I want to live with peace through trade.

And yes Dennis, it absolutely bothers me to give up some liberty in the name of some other person's idea of "safety".

swatmc
05-30-2007, 10:34 AM
Yeah, Dennis Miller was not that impressive.

I agree with him a lot, but he just seems to giggly and distracted.

Like he is high on patriotism or something.

angelatc
05-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Dennis just said all his phone lines are open and begged people to call him.

Man, he is making me ill. He's chuckling, because he thinks it's great that we can irritate the Muslims to the point that they go insane. Wow.

drinkbleach
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
I listened to the entire Miller show with Ron Paul. He gave Ron Paul time to talk but didn't take any calls. It seemd a very short interview.

At the end though he took a cheap shot in my opinion. Without giving Ron Paul time to respond he ended the interview with "'but I'm not going to vote for you because of the war."

That seems to be Miller's Modus operandi. I remember the first time I actually watched his show, he was interviewing one of the people that got fired from Trump's "The Apprentice". After the interview he said, "no wonder that guy was fired". What an cowardly ass-hole. I don't listen Miller often, but it seems like the rare times that I do listen to what he has to say it either pisses me off or he comes off as a total jerk.

drinkbleach
05-30-2007, 10:49 AM

Man, he is making me ill. He's chuckling, because he thinks it's great that we can irritate the Muslims to the point that they go insane. Wow.

He and Glen Beck are vying to see who can be the male equivelent to Ann Coulter.

meg44
05-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I thought the interview went well and Miller treated RP with respect....also thought some of the callers were very well spoken.

lucky
05-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Forgot to listen to the show but saw on the website that they archive the show on the same day and can be heard after 2:30 ET.

wecandoit
05-30-2007, 11:40 AM
He and Glen Beck are vying to see who can be the male equivelent to Ann Coulter.

I thought Ann Coulter was the male equivelent of "Ann" Coulter.

drinkbleach
05-30-2007, 11:42 AM
I thought Ann Coulter was the male equivelent of "Ann" Coulter.

You're thinking of her alias, M'ann Coulter.

wecandoit
05-30-2007, 11:46 AM
You're thinking of her alias, M'ann Coulter.

good one :)

cujothekitten
05-30-2007, 11:47 AM

Wait, did he really say that? Just after the interview he said the phones were going off the hook.

LibertyOrDie
05-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Here is a YouTube recording of RP on the show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tq2Q848P0h8

drinkbleach
05-30-2007, 12:46 PM
Federal imminent domain is so rare that it's almost a non-issue.

Dennis has been in the media for how long? He still doesn't know how to conduct a professional interview. Bashing Hillary is cute and all but stay on-topic you BUSHBOT MUTANT FREAK!

Harald
05-30-2007, 12:49 PM
I think he did pretty good.

What Ron Paul answers did you disagree with?

Which would be a better reply from your perspective?

drinkbleach
05-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I think he did pretty good.

What Ron Paul answers did you disagree with?

Which would be a better reply from your perspective?

Oh, I was referring my comments for Miller. Sorry I wasn't clear.:D Miller is just a grinning idiot, but for a bushbot he did well enough.

Sir VotesALot
05-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Dennis Miller is such a hack.

Blowback
05-30-2007, 02:26 PM
I think Ron Paul did an amazing job during this interview. I also think Miller asked good solid questions. I really liked how he allowed Ron Paul to talk about something else besides Iraq.

One thing that I think is rediculous about this Bush's plan is that we are allowing some random foreign quasi-goverment to vote on what OUR army should do. The only reason I think the vote is important is because our own leaders are too bone-headed to figure it out that we should leave. It's one thing that Ron Paul hasn't ever said and I am not sure if he should or not.

Anyone else have a comment on whether or not it's rediculous for us to be at the point where only a vote from some other people decides what WE do? Maybe Americans should vote if we are going to have a vote? I mean, WTF.

beermotor
05-30-2007, 02:30 PM
One thing that I think is rediculous about this Bush's plan is that we are allowing some random foreign quasi-goverment to vote on what OUR army should do. The only reason I think the vote is important is because our own leaders are too bone-headed to figure it out that we should leave. It's one thing that Ron Paul hasn't ever said and I am not sure if he should or not.

Anyone else have a comment on whether or not it's rediculous for us to be at the point where only a vote from some other people decides what WE do? Maybe Americans should vote if we are going to have a vote? I mean, WTF.

Two words: fucking priceless. :) SOMEONE IN THE CAMPAIGN, GET RP TO BRING THIS OUT NEXT TIME HE TALKS TO THE PRESS.

He's said in passing that he believes the US should never go to war to enforce UN resolutions - which is a great point. But he should point out the SHEER IDIOCY of premising US military action on a foreign government's decision. This only underscores the thousands of reasons for getting the hell out of foreign countries as fast as humanly possible.

goldenequity
05-30-2007, 07:51 PM
You can listen to the Dennis Miller interview here:
http://www.ronpaulaudio.com

Captain Shays
05-31-2007, 09:42 AM
I only wish both RP and Miller had expounded on the "fighting for the UN" issue.

We need to point out to all the neocons that this is not a declaration of war but an authorization to enforce UN resolutions.
The partisan spin on this issue is ridiculous. On one side the Democrat/liberals say that the Bush administration went against the UN Security Council of course they always base it on lies. Lies that so many of them touted themselves. Meanwhile when you talk to Democrats, they always interject how stupid Bush is yet they fail to comprehend how stupid it is to support their super intelligencia elites who were so easily foold by that stupid president.

Then on the Republican side, they tout Bush's resolve to "do what was right and go against the UNSC".

Huh?

Don't they remember Colon Powell sitting before the UNSC pleading for their support/permission to defend this country from a so-called "imminant threat?

If anything, Bush's "resolve" was to show more interest in enforcing UN Resolutions than even the UN Security Council had.

The bottom line is that we like every country have a legitimate right to self defense, and its our government's highest responsibility to protect this country from an outside threat. We don't need the UN's permission or approval.

If there was such an iminant threat to the people of this country then Bush and Colon Powell shouldn't have gone to the UN, they should have gine to Congres for a declaration of war as per Article I section 8 claus 11 of our Constitution.

Our sons and daughters are fighting not for our freedoms, and not for our safety, but to enforce stinking UN resolutions.

This needs to be mammered home to all the American people, especially the hard core neo-partisans. WAKE UP AMERICA

UCFGavin
05-31-2007, 09:51 AM
I was actually extremely disappointed in Dennis. Not for what he said during the interview, but what he said after.

I had always read that he considered himself a libertarian, but his comments about liberty and freedoms did NOT point towards a libertarian viewpoint.