PDA

View Full Version : Promote Glenn Beck and help me sleep at night

Scribbler de Stebbing
11-07-2008, 07:19 PM
I came to realize just how influential talk radio is on the voting public when my mom, who isn't on the internet, would invariably parrot talk radio trends when talking to me about politics. You know, first McCain was evil, then how we couldn't elect Obama, then how McCain was actually good. Talk radio drove the sentiment of the right.

We can acknowledge that the top three talk show hosts on the right are Limbaugh, Hannity and Beck. The way Glenn Beck talks, he and Hannity are vying for the #2 spot. Local stations place them in the lineup according to their monetary interests. Unfortunately this means I have to turn off the radio at key times, during the afternoon when Hannity is on and when I'm trying to go to sleep when they've -- arg -- replaced Beck with Hannity reruns.

We'll get a few hundred responses here as to why Glenn Beck isn't perfect. So tell me, would you rather have Hannity influencing the voting population, or Glenn Beck, who seems to be understanding sound money?

Further, the more play Beck gets, the more he will influence local talk show hosts. In my land, conservative local hosts are minor deities and can dictate who becomes the GOP nominees. The more they see Beck and his sound money and economic apocalypse positions become popular, the more they will follow.

We're all accustomed to doing little things we hope to accumulatively push the edges of politics -- emailing websites or tv stations, etc. -- so this is easy for us. Join his Facebook page. Create a fan page for your state. Promote him in forums.

This could take a year to push him up to #2. That's about when the tone is set for what the GOP hopes to be their next takeover. Do we want that takeover to be one of sound money conservatives?

Cinderella
11-07-2008, 07:45 PM
glen beck is calling for everyone to rally behind obama and support him...fuck beck....fuck obama

angelatc
11-07-2008, 07:58 PM
glen beck is calling for everyone to rally behind obama and support him...fuck beck....fuck obama

Oh hush. Scribbler's been in politics for many, many years.

In case you missed the question:
So tell me, would you rather have Hannity influencing the voting population, or Glenn Beck, who seems to be understanding sound money?

We're never going to get anywhere if we keep tabs on who hurt our feelings by saying something we disagree with.

I shall do the Facebook thing.

RSLudlum
11-07-2008, 08:15 PM
I'll promote him if he's willing to have guests like Sanford, Johnson, Walter Williams, Jim Rogers, Peter Schiff, Judge Napolitano, etc. instead of false conservatives like Palin, Jindal, Romney.... Now if Beck started having those kinda of guests on he would be able to claim his show as the media outlet for the "grassroots conservative underground" movement, as Hannity has been touting/describing his newest push, neoConservatism in Exile :rolleyes: