PDA

View Full Version : Republicans seek direction

jeff4476
11-07-2008, 11:09 AM
from cnn.com
"A conservative leader Friday laid the Republican Party's poor showing at the polls at the feet of moderates who, he argues, led the party away from its core principles.
Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council says the GOP must return to conservative principles.

Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council says the GOP must return to conservative principles.

Tony Perkins of the Family Research Council told CNN that conservatives need to take back control of the GOP if the party is to return to its winning ways.

"Moderates never beat conservatives. We've seen that in past elections," he said."

And so it goes with failed leadership within the republican party.. What lost this election is that it has become a party of evangelical relgious zealots using wedge issues in order to win elections.. He is right in the sense that the party certainly cannot claim fiscal conservatism after 8 years of Bush.. but ditching moderate republicans in favor of the extreme evangelical right would be a huge mistake..

Truth Warrior
11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
Tell 'em when they get to limbo, hang a left. :p :rolleyes:

acptulsa
11-07-2008, 11:16 AM
For the G.O.P., < = V

And, no, a down arrow isn't the same thing as a v for victory. As a liberal party, the G.O.P. seems to be unable to keep up with the competition.

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Tell 'em when they get to limbo, hang a left. :p :rolleyes:

"No! It's right at limbo!," shouts the contrarian. ;) lol

Truth Warrior
11-07-2008, 11:21 AM
"No! It's right at limbo!," shouts the contrarian. ;) lol It's intended as a play on words. In Latin "left" is "sinister" AKA Go to HELL! ;) :D

heavenlyboy34
11-07-2008, 11:31 AM
It's intended as a play on words. In Latin "left" is "sinister" AKA Go to HELL! ;) :D

lol...I know you were doing wordplay-just havin a little fun with ya, TW. Obama:D

Truth Warrior
11-07-2008, 11:47 AM
lol...I know you were doing wordplay-just havin a little fun with ya, TW. Obama:D Sorry, I don't speak Swahili. :D

Patriot123
11-07-2008, 05:10 PM
Finally. And it took them this long to realize this fact?

bunklocoempire
11-07-2008, 10:20 PM
As their (GOP) ambiguous platform and actions show, it aint about substance, it's about WINNING.:mad:

Bunkloco

SimpleName
11-08-2008, 10:07 AM
People don't seem to learn until after something goes terribly wrong. The Republicans will now all of a sudden be defenders of small government and try to fight any military action the Dems start pushing. They will speak of American tradition and the Constitution. Then, 8 years from now, when the economy falls apart once again, they will suddenly be the big government cronies trying to win an election. Now I realize why George Carlin was so pessimistic. THIS is the human race at work. A bunch of liars and traitors that will do anything to pull apart those who are different and side with the winners.