PDA

View Full Version : Global Currency

hopeforamerica
11-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Received this email today. Don't know what good it will do, but I thought I'd share:

Hello everyone,

Below is a website of a company incorporated in 2003 to promote one currency for the world. If you are like me and want to keep our sovereignty please take their poll and let them know where to put their single global currency.

http://www.singleglobalcurrency.org/index.html

Scroll down and on the left there is a poll. Do you want a global currency? What, I think not. Let them know.

TruthAtLast
11-07-2008, 09:48 AM
voted, for what its worth. But I have a strong feeling that even though the poll results show a massive opposition to the global currency, they probably wont shut down the site and give up their plans of globalization.

A. Havnes
11-07-2008, 09:55 AM
I think the poll exists just so that we can all feel like our opinion counts. I resolve to never ever use a global currency. I might have to exile myself from civilization, but it doesn't matter.

Elwar
11-07-2008, 11:37 AM
I'm all for a global currency.

Gold

jonahtrainer
11-07-2008, 11:41 AM
I'm all for a global currency.

Gold

Yep, or some other commodity based currency.

Elwar
11-07-2008, 11:49 AM
I had an idea for a competitive currency that is metal based where the cost of minting would be paid for by advertisement.

Say...a $1 copper coin (it's sad that a copper coin would be the $1 equivalent) where one side shows the weight stamped on it, the other side has an advertiser's logo.

Say the cost to mint is 2 cents per coin...charge that to the company that wants to advertise.

I also had an idea for a "paper" currency that has gold thread woven into the fabric. Again, printing paid for by advertisers.

If the price of the coin matched the price of the metal exactly then they should take off fairly quickly starting with people who trade in metals.

bbagnall
11-07-2008, 12:37 PM
I was watching some late night Squawk Box (the British version was on at that hour for some reason) and the hosts were all saying how wonderful it would be to have a world currency. The propaganda is going full speed ahead. They are setting up the masses to accept this lunacy. I bet this plan has been in the works for years if not decades.

StilesBC
11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
Perhaps we should be pre-emptively lobbying against it then.

tonesforjonesbones
11-07-2008, 12:47 PM
I'm for dried beans...i have plenty of those...probably a millionaire! tones