PDA

View Full Version : what if WE had an insider?

trey4sports
11-07-2008, 12:32 AM
with all the talk of Barr being a plant or whatnot, it got me to thinking about a HIGHLY unethical idea.

what if the revolution had a candidate campaign on bullshit rhetoric and soudbites only to piss on the neo-cons once there in house?

maybe we need to quit trying to convince people our ideas are right and play ball like the big boys do, make a bunch of bullshit promises to feed the masses and once in office make your own decisions.

WRellim
11-07-2008, 12:41 AM
You DO have a point.

Honest men get cheated on a regular basis...

But is it really cheating if you are cheating a cheater?

Is it stealing to steal from a thief?

Slist
11-07-2008, 12:53 AM
That's a nice idea. But no one on ronpaulforums has to know who that is... that would pose a problem :)

What I do would like to see: TWO candidates on OUR side that run in the same party. Imagine them in the debates. They would disagree on some minor things and maybe even interact with each other, forcing the debate to listen to them.

Candidate A and B are on our side, candidate X, Y, Z are neocons. As soon as candidate A gets to speak, he could talk about candidate B and attack him so that B has to get some time to reply. Attacking themselves could be negative, I agree, but I think that it could be done in such a way as to shift the focus the ideas of the debate.

TruthAtLast
11-07-2008, 12:55 AM

:D especially if you are stealing back something that was taken from you first?

I'm not sure exactly what the best plan of attack is but I've mentioned many times in these forums that it may be useful to use our enemy's tactics against them. They have proven them to be highly effective. You really have to trust those people that are willing to go "under cover". We don't want a defect or double agent. haha

Kludge
11-07-2008, 12:59 AM

Only if you're rational.

trey4sports
11-07-2008, 01:02 AM
these are all great ideas, we need more out-of-the-box solutions rather than people talking gloom and doom because of the election we just had.

we are the most decentralized freedom force in the world, by god we will win.

AS ALWAYS, AMERICA PREVAILS

WRellim
11-07-2008, 07:21 AM
:D especially if you are stealing back something that was taken from you first?

I'm not sure exactly what the best plan of attack is but I've mentioned many times in these forums that it may be useful to use our enemy's tactics against them. They have proven them to be highly effective. You really have to trust those people that are willing to go "under cover". We don't want a defect or double agent. haha

Hence the motivating philosophy of one Ragnar Danneskjold.
:D

acptulsa
11-07-2008, 07:27 AM
The problem is that no one who pays lip service to neocon ideals will ever rebuild the 'Reagan Coalition' unless we all know what the plan is. And I don't see any way we can get the word of mouth around without tipping the hand. What are we supposed to use, private messaging? You act like they respect the Constitution or something.

paulitics
11-07-2008, 07:31 AM
That's a nice idea. But no one on ronpaulforums has to know who that is... that would pose a problem :)

What I do would like to see: TWO candidates on OUR side that run in the same party. Imagine them in the debates. They would disagree on some minor things and maybe even interact with each other, forcing the debate to listen to them.

Candidate A and B are on our side, candidate X, Y, Z are neocons. As soon as candidate A gets to speak, he could talk about candidate B and attack him so that B has to get some time to reply. Attacking themselves could be negative, I agree, but I think that it could be done in such a way as to shift the focus the ideas of the debate.

Sounds familiar, and reminds me of the debates. They always disagree on some petty BS, but somehow they all agree on some radical premise, such as prememptive wars. It is quite easy to tell who is not controlled, and it is anyone who does not belong to the CFR.

Elwar
11-07-2008, 07:32 AM
I am a plant insider...I've got them all fooled. I've been working on this for years, even picking the right church that I needed to go to and the right people to hang out with just to make it look legit. This year I ran a campaign for "change" and it worked! Man I can't believe those idiots fell for it.

-B.O.

georgiapeach
11-07-2008, 07:57 AM
Yes we can! ahahaha!

Seriously though, we do need to get more candidates in. It does seem that the best way to do it is to get one of "our" candidates to run in as many parties as possible, and in as many elections as possible. You wouldn't believe how many people were running unopposed in local elections, and I would have happily voted against 90% of them. We have the stereotypical crooked sheriff in my county, and he has been re-elected for about 30 years, due in large part to nobody trying to unseat him.

TruthAtLast
11-07-2008, 09:02 AM

i like the concept, but my worry is that by diluting our support in the early states, neither candidate will gain the viability they need to convince the public and the media that they can win. We MUST win several of the first 4-5 states or it is OVER. We can have a bigger strategy in place for Super Tuesday but if we don't win a few of the early states then there will be no Super Tuesday. It REALLY IS that critical.

So how can we support 2 or 3 candidates and still WIN a few of the early states? If we divide our support I think we may shooting ourselves in the foot.

I also agree with the people that think we should focus on congressional seats as that might be more realistic. I guess my hope is that we can do both.

Money shouldn't be an issue if we start now. In fact I'd like to start raising money RIGHT NOW for the next presidential candidate and for congressional candidates.

sirachman
11-07-2008, 09:17 AM
I am a plant insider...I've got them all fooled. I've been working on this for years, even picking the right church that I needed to go to and the right people to hang out with just to make it look legit. This year I ran a campaign for "change" and it worked! Man I can't believe those idiots fell for it.

-B.O.

lmfao

TruthAtLast
11-07-2008, 09:27 AM

-B.O.

this is great, but it brings up a good question. If we KNOW someone is an insider, then it would leak out and that person's cover would be blown. The plan would be shot. If we DON'T know someone is an insider, then we'll never really trust them because of what they did to get into power. :D

So if Obama suddenly told us that he has really be working his whole life to get into office and gaining the trust of the opposition but he REALLY believes in Liberty... we wouldn't believe him. lol

JVParkour
11-07-2008, 09:53 AM
Thats true, unless this big name player that was actually on our side just ignored us and focused on the sheeple anyway. Then once he was in office he could rally everyone together and apologize to his own side (us).

I was actually thinking about this yesterday, seriously. I am 19 years old, getting a major in political science. I want to go to the CPAC 2009, basically get some good conservative republican connections. I am going to start attending my local republican meetings and act diehard. Since I am young I think that I could get some good attention, and by the time im 30 or 35, they know me really well as a strong conservative. In theory I would be picked as a candidate because of the 'promise' I am showing, and as soon as I get in office, BLAM. Hello Liberty! :)

TruthAtLast
11-07-2008, 09:58 AM
Thats true, unless this big name player that was actually on our side just ignored us and focused on the sheeple anyway. Then once he was in office he could rally everyone together and apologize to his own side (us).

I was actually thinking about this yesterday, seriously. I am 19 years old, getting a major in political science. I want to go to the CPAC 2009, basically get some good conservative republican connections. I am going to start attending my local republican meetings and act diehard. Since I am young I think that I could get some good attention, and by the time im 30 or 35, they know me really well as a strong conservative. In theory I would be picked as a candidate because of the 'promise' I am showing, and as soon as I get in office, BLAM. Hello Liberty! :)

haha. just don't let anyone link you to this forum and you're set. I'll be sure to support you even if they may play their "game" for awhile to gain their trust. ;)

JVParkour
11-07-2008, 10:19 AM
lol, I really have been mulling these ideas over the last few days and I think its the only thing that would work. My main goal is to get elected into the House of Reps, but if that happens, who knows where ill go after that!!! :) The only problem is you would have to be a great actor...I couldn't hardly stand having to side against Ron Paul on things. But I would have to, because as soon as I sided with him, I would be spotted...unless I found a good mixture of tyranny and freedom...lol

Elwar
11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Kinda along these lines...I was thinking about the Fred Thompson Forums...I wonder how much of an effect those forums had.

I was debating a gal who supported Fred Thompson and sent her to that page...she didn't see right through it and just had to come back with "well the people on that site are a bit extreme but Fred Thompson is still a great guy...".

Imagine if the great forum people had actually gone to Fred Thompson rallies...gotten in front of the camera to tell people why they supported "Fred or Dead" Thompson.

Personally, I plan to go the route of honesty...I went to the Texas state convention as a delegate and let people know that I was formally from the Libertarian Party. If you are nice to people and connect on a personal level and then let them know your views then they're more accepting. I had one old timer that welcomed me saying that the Ron Paul folks remind him of when his group was trying to gain influence back in the day...that group being the Christian right. He said they were treated just as poorly but that they stuck with it.

Aratus
11-07-2008, 10:51 AM
picture Kade and i running for Kerry's old seat! special election here we come!

yes, i say climate change and pollution are the 50/50 that explain global warning!

and then after i do my best-est 'jane curtain' impersonation, Kade lets me have it with

his BEST DAN ACKROYD version of "jane you IGNORANT dingbat.. you KNOW that al gore said..."

Aratus
11-07-2008, 10:55 AM
picture me, ARATUS ....being BOSTON TEA PARTY or OBJECTIVIST PARTY as
KADE is either GREEN, REPUBLICAN or LIBERTARIAN! and were we to see a THIRD PERSON
FROM THESE FORUMs run as a CONSTITUTION guy or gal! tis V for VICTORY i see!

Aratus
11-07-2008, 10:57 AM
folks, Bay State area meet-up people could carry about three seperate clip-boards and pettitions!

TruthAtLast
11-07-2008, 11:26 AM
lol, I really have been mulling these ideas over the last few days and I think its the only thing that would work. My main goal is to get elected into the House of Reps, but if that happens, who knows where ill go after that!!! :) The only problem is you would have to be a great actor...I couldn't hardly stand having to side against Ron Paul on things. But I would have to, because as soon as I sided with him, I would be spotted...unless I found a good mixture of tyranny and freedom...lol

well that's the key. You could support him on certain key issues but just twist the reason for your support. lol But the goal isn't just to go from the House to Minority Leader to Chairmen of certain committees to the Senate to President. (or some other similar path). They key is to slowly and carefully begin to convert other house members as "one of them". They wont listen to Ron Paul but they might listen to someone they perceive as a peer. Befriend your fellow members of Congress. Find out which ones are truly corrupt and evil, and which ones just tow the line for their own survival.

You can sit down with members privately as friends and try to be a little more frank. "you know, I can see your point on this issue, but what are your thoughts on what Ron Paul said. I don't agree with him on everything and I know he isn't always popular here but he does make sense a lot of the time. And he has predicted all of the things we are facing now.... do you think we, as members of Congress, really have the power to change this country for the better and restore our core values? I know there are a lot of politics that go on around here, but do you ever get the feeling that some of the things we do would make our founding members ashamed? You and I have our reasons for supporting or rejecting certain legislation, and we go along with it because we support our party, but come on we know a lot of the things we do aren't that effective. Business as usual usually makes things worse no matter which side of the isle is proposing it or what supposed good intentions there are."

After slowly bringing them around and gaining some support without publicly siding with Ron Paul, then you can begin to gain larger support. Suddenly people like you don't feel alone in their convictions. They don't feel so pressured by the elites in the party. With numbers comes strength. Sooner or later, your fellow members may elect you into more powerful and influential positions.

Granted, I'm not in Congress so I don't know exactly how it will go but that is one way it could go in my head anyway. :D