PDA

View Full Version : Decent signs for 2010 elections and the liberty movement.

Young Paleocon
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
With the possible lack of off year voter enthusiasm in the 2010 elections may be an opportune time to put forward liberty candidates without being swamped at the polls by obamanots. Thus if meetup groups organize now, possibly cooperating with the campaign for liberty, we can possibly have a good chance of winning a couple of state house and federal house seats in 2010. Also the third party vote totals were markedly up this year compared to 2004. For instance Chuck Baldwin received 1.3% in Utah and 5.3% in one of Utah's county's. He also received 3 times the 2004 vote in Michigan. So it is my perception that our movement is not dead, and as long as we don't dither and continue education by acting regardless if it's an election year or not. This movement is founded on the grassroots so it must retain and expand through local and state office and take what we can get as of now at the federal level. I encourage involvement and planning now whether one is a member in the Libertarian or Constitution parties to gain full ballot access in 2012. The time is now to expand now that everything has cooled off.

So this is my late night incoherent ranting and raving about the future of the movement, I hope it sheds some light or provides some inspiration for the future.

itshappening
11-10-2008, 12:27 PM
yes but they must be Republican or Democrat not third party sadly as they never get elected