PDA

View Full Version : Obama calls for slavery

RideTheDirt
11-06-2008, 11:04 PM
http://www.change.gov/americaserves

America Serves

"When you choose to serve -- whether it's your nation, your community or simply your neighborhood -- you are connected to that fundamental American ideal that we want life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness not just for ourselves, but for all Americans. That's why it's called the American dream."

The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

Welcome to slavery
I am so pissed off right now.

This site is absolutely disgusting

wd4freedom
11-06-2008, 11:10 PM

Welcome to slavery

Its called reverse reparations

RSLudlum
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
"Hello, I'd like you to meet your new president. His name is Bigger Government!!"

And how exactly are these things going to be funded? Oh yeah, probably through unfunded mandates to States so Mr. Big Pants Obama isn't seen as raising taxes (it will be your state officials that take the heat). And if that's the case, you mean my property taxes will more than likely go up to pay for my kids and my neighbors' (who don't pay property taxes) kids to be slaves within the very institution they are suppose to be learning from? That's utter BS!!!

Even more reason to work your ass off to get your kids out of public education and into private schools/home schooling....States are going to be the only buffer to this crap.

JoshLowry
11-06-2008, 11:26 PM
http://i35.tinypic.com/33kxd1j.jpg
(http://www.slaveuprising.com/)
It's not about left, right, conservative, or liberal anymore. We need a big ass freedom tent.

I'll actually go make a copy of this thread on that forum.

fr33domfightr
11-06-2008, 11:39 PM
WTF is this Cr@p?!?! These Dems always want to roll out this community service cr@p. Obama somehow thinks people are the property of government, WTF?!?!

FF

dannno
11-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Yep Ridiculous..

I guess "Yes We Can" was just a slogan to get elected?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.moveon.org/images/shepsticker.gif

I recommend anybody who didn't see the South Park last night go to southparkstudios.com and watch it.

HOLLYWOOD
11-07-2008, 12:33 AM
Yep Ridiculous..

I guess "Yes We Can" was just a slogan to get elected?

https://s3.amazonaws.com/s3.moveon.org/images/shepsticker.gif

I recommend anybody who didn't see the South Park last night go to southparkstudios.com and watch it.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/209726/ (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/209726/)

BUMP.... BUMP...

Trey Parker and Company did a great job... of the rigged system, the people, wings of the same bird, and the ridiculous actions of the voters/supporters and Palin the idiot.

EXCELLENT JOB SOUTH PARK... CHANGE!

BUMP

kojirodensetsu
11-07-2008, 05:03 AM
Eh, I figured he'd do something like this. I wonder if anyone will challenge this in the supreme court.

TastyWheat
11-07-2008, 08:12 PM
I think they got wind of our displeasure, they removed the word "require" from the site. Honest mistake or Freudian slip?

Cinderella
11-07-2008, 08:43 PM
amendment 13 !!!!!!!!!!

Section 1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime where of the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.
Section 2. Congress shall have the power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

fuck u obama!!

llama llama llama

:bunchies::bunchies::bunchies:

RSLudlum
11-07-2008, 08:46 PM
I think they got wind of our displeasure, they removed the word "require" from the site. Honest mistake or Freudian slip?

anybody get a snapshot of the page before the edit??

Cinderella
11-07-2008, 08:48 PM
anybody get a snapshot of the page before the edit??

there r so many threads about this issue...but yes there is a thread floating around in grassroots that has the original and the changed version...

fuck u obama

llama llama llama

:bunchies::bunchies::bunchies:

A. Havnes
11-07-2008, 09:15 PM
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/209726/ (http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/209726/)

BUMP.... BUMP...

Trey Parker and Company did a great job... of the rigged system, the people, wings of the same bird, and the ridiculous actions of the voters/supporters and Palin the idiot.

EXCELLENT JOB SOUTH PARK... CHANGE!

BUMP

I now regret (almost) every bad thing I've ever said about South Park. Sometimes they really do manage to show everyone how stupid they are.

However, I still hate Family Guy.

cindy25
11-07-2008, 11:17 PM
No we won't

Reason
11-08-2008, 12:28 AM
im sorry but I don't see a problem with having 50 hours of community service in high school....

and I am not a fan of Obama...

50 hours is nothing, and I don't see how it could possibly hurt anything...

RSLudlum
11-08-2008, 12:41 AM
im sorry but I don't see a problem with having 50 hours of community service in high school....

there's a big diffence in "voluntary" and "required"; and what exactly will they define "community service" as, you know they're going to have an "acceptable service" list, governments loooooooove lists.

tropicangela
11-08-2008, 07:44 AM

When you couple this with Rahm Emanuel's ideas of compulsory universal service, maybe you'll start to wonder.

http://www.examiner.com/x-536-Civil-Liberties-Examiner~y2008m11d6-Obamas-chief-of-staff-choice-favors-compulsory-universal-service

Truth Warrior
11-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Is slavery STILL popular in Kenya too? :D Ahhhh, roots.

heavenlyboy34
11-08-2008, 03:52 PM

Welcome to slavery

This site is absolutely disgusting

this is one of the reasons they invented home schooling. The movement will probably grow stronger as the push for "service" becomes ever less "voluntary".

JoshLowry
11-08-2008, 04:01 PM
He changed the wording to goal rather than require on his website.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when a person doesn't agree with his goals.

Fox McCloud
11-08-2008, 04:14 PM

it's the fact that it's forced and required.

50 hours in middle school = 150 hours total
100 hours in high school = 400 hours total
100 hours in college = 200 hours (community college) 400 hours (bachelors), 500-600 hours (Masters), and 700-1000 hours (PhD).

That's insane--while middle and high schoolers do have spare time, forcing 100 hours, per year, in a regular college? Ridiculous; college students are busy enough, as is, and they often work during the summer to help pay for the expenses.

Couple this with the other bill mentioned here, and you have double-disaster...and remember that 2 years military service is without college deferment.

There's also a 3rd bill that would require you to attend 3 months training for your city or State.

Let's see, 2 years military service, 3 months training, and 750-1550 hours total community service? Sounds like Fascism mixed with Communism....oh boy...

if all 3 pass (or even just 2) I pity our up and coming generation; if they grow up in that they'll grow to like it and likely be completely indoctrinated that "that's just the way it is" once they've been through it all.

Truth Warrior
11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
He changed the wording to goal rather than require on his website.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens when a person doesn't agree with his goals. Probably just a "visit" from the "Obama Youth" encouraging signing up for "camp". :eek:

Zera
11-08-2008, 05:22 PM
On Obama's original campaign site, it said it was a volentary service that would serve as a $4000 tax cut or $4000 towards college. 4000/100 would be $40/hour... Sounds pretty good to me.

cindy25
11-08-2008, 07:28 PM
its not the 50 hours, its the mandatory nature of the 50 hours.

and if they get away with 50 hours then it will be 1 summer non-military; then 6 months boot camp, and then 2 years. government programs grow-Social security started at 1%, and the cards were handed out at the local firehouse when you went to work. Now its assigned at birth.

Sheepdog11
11-08-2008, 11:29 PM
On Obama's original campaign site, it said it was a volentary service that would serve as a $4000 tax cut or $4000 towards college. 4000/100 would be $40/hour... Sounds pretty good to me.

Where's the money come from?

...the answer is it's coming from your taxes in the first place. ;)

mediahasyou
11-08-2008, 11:34 PM
Yes We Can Have Involuntary Servitude.

Yes We Can Violate the 13th Amendment.

How ironic is that? Enslaved by a black president.

Yes We Can Never Learn.

JoshLowry
11-08-2008, 11:36 PM
On Obama's original campaign site, it said it was a volentary service that would serve as a $4000 tax cut or $4000 towards college. 4000/100 would be $40/hour... Sounds pretty good to me.\

What happens when minimum wage is raised to $40 an hour?

psywarrior13
11-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Constitution? Whats that?

Oh, that flawed document BO was complaining about.

Good thing no one has read it :rolleyes:

What a tool.

:bunchies: :bunchies: :bunchies:

Brooklyn Red Leg
11-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Howdy folks. Wasn't there an Executive Order signed by Bush 43 that gives the President the authority to organize American citizens into work brigades to be overseen by the government? If thats true, I'm sure Obama's Administration will cite it as the precedent to allow this kind of asshatery.

The problem then becomes, what the hell are we gonna do about it? If Congress and SCOTUS won't enforce The Constitution (13th Amendment as someone pointed out), how will we keep from being rounded up and compelled to work...at the end of a gun barrel.

Gadsden Flag
11-09-2008, 11:56 AM
Sheesh, is this real?

They did that in the Soviet Union, you know.

The text says, 'Have you volunteered? (http://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~dmitchc/p4p/posters/p60.jpeg)

Somebody should photoshop that Russian guy into Obama.

steve005
11-09-2008, 10:47 PM
How can we get mad at this when it's already MANDITORY to send our children to school,

I think this is a good idea, He's not saying it's manditory for everyone to work, just students.

If your in high school or college and you don't want to do it... then drop out..

How is that anything near slavery? I went to a public school and I HAD TO DO volunteer work, its good life expereince that most would never see because their too busy playing video games

do you guys still drink fluride? you just don't seem to be thinking very clearly

NCGOPer_for_Paul
11-10-2008, 11:17 AM
How can we get mad at this when it's already MANDITORY to send our children to school,

I think this is a good idea, He's not saying it's manditory for everyone to work, just students.

If your in high school or college and you don't want to do it... then drop out..

How is that anything near slavery? I went to a public school and I HAD TO DO volunteer work, its good life expereince that most would never see because their too busy playing video games

do you guys still drink fluride? you just don't seem to be thinking very clearly

Well, Steve, maybe your government school was too busy forcing you to "volunteer"; to actually teach you how to spell the words MANDATORY, EXPERIENCE, and FLOURIDE, or too busy to teach you what the definition of volunteer is.

Nobody HAS TO volunteer. Volunteering is voluntary; by definition, that means if you WANT to.

Being forced to do something AGAINST YOUR WILL is slavery.

Things I am seeing and hearing about an Obama administration lead me to believe the shooting will be starting in the streets within 2 years.

thomaspaine23
11-10-2008, 04:57 PM

Steve, as distasteful as I find local mandatory service for graduation etc
at least that may be legal (depending on your state constitution).
Indeed I may even be able to move my child to a different local school if desired.

But we are talking about mandatory service on from the federal level. That is clearly unconstitutional....

steve005
11-10-2008, 09:07 PM
Being forced to do something AGAINST YOUR WILL is slavery

I know what your saying, but who's forcing you to go to high school or college?! NO ONE,

Thats like being required a drug test to get a job, then saying they are forcing you to get a drug test, when in reality you can find a job that doesn't drug test, (or in this case, drop out of school(its all bs anyway))

Well, Steve, maybe your government school was too busy forcing you to "volunteer"; to actually teach you how to spell the words MANDATORY, EXPERIENCE, and FLOURIDE, or too busy to teach you what the definition of volunteer is.

My point ecxactly, I was failed by my government run edumacation, thats why I plan on never letting me son step foot in school(class), public or private(I went to private for 5 years as well)