PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul, grassroots, Dean and Perot

giskard
05-29-2007, 05:16 PM
How is RP's grassroots movement today, compared to Howard Dean and Ross Perot's, back at the same amount of time before their respective elections?

And, what mistakes were there in their grassroots campaigns, that we could learn from?

tnvoter
05-29-2007, 09:33 PM
How is RP's grassroots movement today, compared to Howard Dean and Ross Perot's, back at the same amount of time before their respective elections?

And, what mistakes were there in their grassroots campaigns, that we could learn from?

Mainly, that Ron Paul is running for and MUST get the GoP nomination, in order to truly defeat opposition Hillary. We can't accept 3rd party nomination as an option, we MUST reclaim the GoP in order to save our country.

SV-v2.0
05-29-2007, 09:45 PM
Mainly, that Ron Paul is running for and MUST get the GoP nomination, in order to truly defeat opposition Hillary. We can't accept 3rd party nomination as an option, we MUST reclaim the GoP in order to save our country.

I think that is an excellent assessment.

If you can stomach dropping in to visit that pit know as the Democratic Underground, they you would see that they are drooling at the prospect of Ron Paul splitting the Republican party.

At the moment we need to be focusing on Iowa, target date August 11.

wecandoit
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM

I would say it's next to impossible to know how big Ron Paul's grassroots support is at this time. He wins 90% on an online straw poll, and shows 0% in polls released by the MSM. We should know that neither are true reflections.

How many people saw Ron Paul for the first time during the last week or so with his recent television appearances?

Comparing Paul to Dean and Perot in a general sense though, I'll just comment that Paul has more common sense than Perot or Dean put together. And I don't see him making many mistakes.

rodent
05-29-2007, 09:56 PM
I think that is an excellent assessment.

If you can stomach dropping in to visit that pit know as the Democratic Underground, they you would see that they are drooling at the prospect of Ron Paul splitting the Republican party.

At the moment we need to be focusing on Iowa, target date August 11.

Speaking of -- what ever happened to Ross Perot?

Any way to get that guy's endorsement [if he's still alive]? I thought he made a lot of sense way back when, though I was too young and was influenced by democrat-leaning parents at the time. Perot wanted to get rid of the national debt, which seemed fiscally responsible. Ron Paul also wants to be fiscally responsible. Has anyone spoken to any former Perot campaign people?

RonPaulReggae
05-30-2007, 04:07 AM
Ross is still alive.

You can email their corporate communications director here.

http://perotsystems.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=contacts

NORTH AMERICA
Joe McNamara
Director, Corporate Communications
Phone: +1 972 577 6165
Phone 2: +1 214 236 5121
Email: Joe.McNamara@ps.net

just ask to please fwd your message to him.

When you look into Perot Systems though, you have to ask, have they developed

a "if you can't beat them, join them" attittude. Maybe he'd send Ron some bucks.

Good Luck Ron Paul!