PDA

View Full Version : General David Petraeus

Son of Detroit
11-06-2008, 07:29 PM
He'd be an interesting candidate to run later on if he was kind to Ron Paul ideals.

Since he's not a political figure he doesn't have anything regarding his political stances online.

You'd have to think he's not a non-interventionist due to him commanding Iraq, but I'm not sure. He could be, but he has a duty to listen to the President and carry out his wishes.

If he was a Ron Paul kind of guy, he'd be a great guy to get behind. War hero, great presence, would be someone the media couldn't ignore.

If only? Am I getting too desperate?

dr. hfn
11-06-2008, 07:36 PM
i think this is an ok idea, i don't know if the people want another war hero running next time tho

constitutional
11-06-2008, 07:40 PM
and Ron Paul for Secretary of Treasury.

I don't know how people get these wild ideas in the first place. Get real people.

No1ButPaul08
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
If only? Am I getting too desperate?

Yes. Petraeus doesn't know whether the President has authority to attack Iran without Congressional approval.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcK1zsy5RZw

However, that doesn't mean he won't be a candidate for the 2012 nomination. He has been overlooked on here and I think he has a shot. Just don't expect him to be the Liberty candidate

Son of Detroit
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM
i think this is an ok idea, i don't know if the people want another war hero running next time tho

McCain pales in David's miltary background.

McCain finished like last in his class, repeatedly messed up, and should have been kicked out but his dad's power kept him in.

Petraeus meanwhile is a four-star general, finished top in his class, and got a much stronger education.

Petraeus was the General George C. Marshall Award winner as the top graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College—class of 1983.[4] He subsequently earned a M.P.A. degree (1985) and a Ph.D. degree (1987) in International Relations from the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs at Princeton University. He later served as Assistant Professor of International Relations at the U.S. Military Academy and also completed a fellowship at Georgetown University. He has a BS from the U.S. Military Academy—class of 1974—from which he graduated as a distinguished cadet (top 5% of his class).

Like I said, this all hinges on what his views are on issues. To find out though is impossible right now, unless anyone else knows.

MRoCkEd
11-06-2008, 07:45 PM
Petraeus? Are you fucking serious?

Son of Detroit
11-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Well I don't know, I'm just throwing out ideas. I want to be able to vote for someone in my first election I am able to vote in 2012.

I want to see as many candidates available to run for me to vote for as possible.

AbolishTheGovt
11-06-2008, 07:48 PM
Admiral William Fallon might be a better candidate for us. He resigned in protest over the Bush administration's drive to attack Iran.