View Full Version : Obama launches CHANGE.GOV

RonPaulVolunteer
11-06-2008, 05:48 PM
http://www.change.gov/

dannno
11-06-2008, 05:52 PM
Tell him what he should do:

An American Moment: Your Vision

Start right now. Share your vision for what America can be, where President-Elect Obama should lead this country. Where should we start together?

http://www.change.gov/page/s/yourvision

itshappening
11-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Official government propaganda

Andrew-Austin
11-06-2008, 05:58 PM
Is my tax monies going in to this website?

ArrestPoliticians
11-06-2008, 06:00 PM
sucks.

zach
11-06-2008, 06:05 PM
Makes everyone seem like they're a part of his decision-making.

I bet he doesn't give two shits about the average American.

rajibo
11-06-2008, 06:10 PM
Oh my oh my oh my :(

http://www.change.gov/agenda/economy/

angelatc
11-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Obama and Biden will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes. Obama and Biden will ensure that the IRS uses the information it already gets from banks and employers to give taxpayers the option of pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return. Experts estimate that the Obama-Biden proposal will save Americans up to 200 million total hours of work and aggravation and up to $2 billion in tax preparer fees.

Ok, is it just me, or is that freaking creepy???

dannno
11-06-2008, 06:16 PM

Start right now. Share your vision for what America can be, where President-Elect Obama should lead this country. Where should we start together?

President-Elect Obama,

In your agenda, you state, "...to work with our allies to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon..."

Lou Dobbs recently reported on CNN that our government has been directly financing the two institutes in Russia that have been implementing nuclear energy technology and plants in Iran to the tune of $4 million. I shouldn't have to tell you what a disgrace it is to hear something like this after all of the off-colored language the Bush administration has been using in response to Iran's increasing nuclear capabilities.

I am very concerned about your choice of Chief of Staff, Rahm Emmanual. It is well established that dual citizens of Israel such as this man have been guiding our failed foreign policy in the middle east for long enough. My best friend is a dual citizen of Isreal, so I have nothing against the country or the people, only the actions of those people who have gained enormous power within our government and have used it to persuade us into weapon sales, sanctions and conflict.

I read a blog today which articulates exactly what I am trying to say:

http://thefreeturkey.com/2008/11/06/obamas-opportunity-and-the-obstacle-of-israel/

"Today, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad congratulated Obama on his election victory, signaling his country’s willingness to engage diplomatically. According to the Associated Press, this is “the first time an Iranian leader has offered such wishes to a U.S. president-elect since the 1979 Islamic Revolution. An analyst said the statement was a gesture from the hard-line president that he’s open to some sort of reconciliation with the U.S.”

Ahmadinejad has extended an olive branch to Obama and the United States. Because of Obama’s stated openness to diplomatic relation with Iran without preconditions, their often-hostile government has opened the door to peaceful and reasonable relations between our country and theirs. Obama would be foolish to throw this away.

We could have no greater ally in the Middle East than Iran. With true diplomacy instead of threats and condemnation, Iran could turn away from being an antagonist. If the Obama administration handles this well, the United States could work with Iran to stabilize Iraq, instead of working against it. With the cooperation of Iran, American troops could exit Iraq more quickly, more safely, and with greater good left behind. Even if Iran just stopped sending Shia militants and guerillas into Iraq, stopped financing and supplying insurgent factions, the gain would be tremendous.

Though it seems far off now, after 8 years of adversarial relations with Iran plagued by threats of violence from both sides, peaceful diplomacy with Iran is not impossible. If Obama holds true to his promise to talk with Iran, he would make the first great step toward Middle Eastern peace.

Of course, Israel isn’t going to make that easy. After Ahmadinejad’s holocaust denial and stated desire to wipe Israel off of the map, Israel is understandably hostile. The Israel Foreign Minister has already warned the United States not to engage in talks, saying “dialogue at this time is liable to broadcast weakness,” and that she thinks “early dialogue at a time when it appears to Iran that the world has given up on sanctions could be problematic.”

So here we are, on the verge of making true progress toward peace with Iran for the first time since 1979, and Israel doesn’t want us to “broadcast weakness.” Since when is the want for an end to conflict weakness? Who made the effort to achieve understanding through communication problematic? Israel may not want dialogue, but they should not be allowed to dictate American policy.

Israel wants their enemies to be as weak as possible. They want Iran driven further into poverty by sanctions and isolated from the world community by disallowing dialogue. Israel’s idea of diplomacy is locking down Iran with embargos and bans and threats, which might explain in part why they have such prickly relations with their neighbors.

As reported by Reuters, when the Israeli Foreign Minister was asked if she supported any U.S. dialogue with Iran, she replied: “The answer is no.”

Israel is convinced that it is in their best interest to have the United States be their playground bully. They want 4 more years like the past 8, where the U.S. has been an extension of Israel in the Middle East, shaking angry fists and those opposed to Israel. The controlling parties of the country would like nothing better than to see the United States punish those who have declared themselves enemies of Israel, and that’s just not in anyone’s best interest.

Israel will never be secure as long as they insist on using the United States to impose their will on the region. Using American might as a cudgel only creates and encourages resentment. Then, America’s obvious and extreme support of Israel destroys our credibility with every other country in the Middle East. We inspire hatred for American with our constant meddling on Israel’s behalf, which has created outrageous blowback in the form of attacks and other opposition.

What needs to happen is for the United States to ignore Israel’s call for hostility and punishment, and instead move towards a foreign policy of open communication. Barack Obama has a great opportunity to set the course of Middle Eastern relations on a path towards peace and reason, but in order to do so he must overcome the caterwaul coming out of Israel.

This is Obama’s chance to live up to the promise of change and hope he so readily made to America. He can choose to stay the course and continue George Bush’s foreign policy of fear, or he can move towards the reason and cooperation that is so desperately needed in the Middle East. To support Israel’s wish for continued American hostility is to abandon the hope of peace in the region. Obama needs to make a decision whether he wants to be an American President, or just one more warlord wearing a suit."

I will be in contact again soon.

Thank you,

Dannno

dannno
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM

No, it's not just you.

mczerone
11-06-2008, 06:19 PM
Official government propaganda

Is my tax monies going in to this website?

Makes everyone seem like they're a part of his decision-making.

I bet he doesn't give two shits about the average American.

Our tax dollars at work.

“I am in this race to tell the corporate lobbyists that their days of setting the agenda in Washington are over. I have done more than any other candidate in this race to take on lobbyists — and won. They have not funded my campaign, they will not run my White House, and they will not drown out the voices of the American people when I am president.”

— Barack Obama, Speech in Des Moines, IA, November 10, 2007

Bullshit. Bullshit. Bullshit.

I like how he lays out a "$1000 dollar tax cut to families to offset the payroll tax they pay." Expect your payroll taxes to increase by at least $2000 next year.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

mczerone
11-06-2008, 06:22 PM
This is bad people. Bad. http://www.change.gov/agenda/civilrights/

mczerone
11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
And can we edit the title: Obama uses the government to spend our money to host his website.

mczerone
11-06-2008, 06:25 PM
The Obama Administration will call on Americans to serve in order to meet the nation’s challenges. President-Elect Obama will expand national service programs like AmeriCorps and Peace Corps and will create a new Classroom Corps to help teachers in underserved schools, as well as a new Health Corps, Clean Energy Corps, and Veterans Corps. Obama will call on citizens of all ages to serve America, by developing a plan to require 50 hours of community service in middle school and high school and 100 hours of community service in college every year. Obama will encourage retiring Americans to serve by improving programs available for individuals over age 55, while at the same time promoting youth programs such as Youth Build and Head Start.

I remember arguing in the middle of summer with an Obama supporter that swore these wouldn't become mandatory.

I was right.

mczerone
11-06-2008, 06:27 PM
100 hours every year while in college? Does that include grad schools? private schools? vocational schools?

What about ABA accredited law schools that strictly limit the time students can spend working already? Will no law student ever be allowed to work to put him or herself through school?

Like I said before: The revolution just got moved up. Readjust your schedules.

zach
11-06-2008, 06:29 PM
..will give first-time, non-violent offenders a chance to serve their sentence, where appropriate, in the type of drug rehabilitation programs that have proven to work better than a prison term in changing bad behavior.

Marvelous. So if I get caught with some pot, then I might be able to be viewed as just needing some "tune up work" via therapy rather than being a regular criminal. :(

dannno
11-06-2008, 06:31 PM
Man what a terrible website.. I think that letter i sent just put myself first on the list to be taken to some sort of camp :(

john_anderson_ii
11-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

What happens when the foreign battlefield is the streets of your hometown and the invaders are the police and government?

This is bad, very bad.

http://www.change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

angelatc
11-06-2008, 06:35 PM
Nope. I am too chicken not to pay taxes, but I'll be fighting mandatory service all the way to the Supreme Court. I will not do it, and I will not allow my children to be so blatantly enslaved.

vodalian
11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
I suggest that all Obama supporters read this page:

http://www.change.gov/agenda/homelandsecurity/

Andrew-Austin
11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
http://www.change.gov/learn/presidentelect/

Meet your warm and cuddly big bother, and worship him.

mczerone
11-06-2008, 06:50 PM
Marvelous. So if I get caught with some pot, then I might be able to be viewed as just needing some "tune up work" via therapy rather than being a regular criminal. :(

Don't forget: If the 'doctor' overseeing your case doesn't think that you are 'rehabilitated', the law allows them to keep you detained indefinitely.

Also, AA (a faith based program) has the same success rate as quitting drinking cold turkey. (IIRC)

constitutional
11-06-2008, 06:58 PM
Obama-Biden Transition Project, a 501c(4) organization. All rights reserved.

Can anyone shed light on what kind of organization is this?

Athan
11-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Someone should mention AIPAC tried to trigger a war with Iran and we need to kick those bums out.

mczerone
11-06-2008, 07:05 PM
Someone should mention AIPAC tried to trigger a war with Iran and we need to kick those bums out.

You can mention that, if you want.

john_anderson_ii
11-06-2008, 07:22 PM
Don't forget: If the 'doctor' overseeing your case doesn't think that you are 'rehabilitated', the law allows them to keep you detained indefinitely.

Also, AA (a faith based program) has the same success rate as quitting drinking cold turkey. (IIRC)

You don't recall correctly. AA has a worse success rate than quitting on your own, not necessarily cold turkey. AA has a 10 year sobriety success rate of about 3%. Adult males who were problem drinkers in college generally 'mature out' on their own, and don't have drinking problems after the age of 30. Statistically speaking, a problem drinker has a much better chance of controlling his habits on his own than he does with AA.

Basically, without the 'I'm an addict for life and it's not my fault' mentality, adults tend to develop an 'I'm too old for that shit' mentality.

If you want more information, I highly suggest looking into some of Dr. Stanton Peele's work. According to Peele therapy in general, and most certainly quasi-abolitionist faith based programs, are detrimental to recovery.

SnappleLlama
11-06-2008, 07:24 PM
This is f*cking ridiculous. I'm not joining his corps. F*CK HIM!!

mczerone
11-06-2008, 07:30 PM
From the Bio of the "Transition Team":

Recently, [John] Podesta authored the book The Power of Progress: How America's Progressives Can (Once Again) Save Our Economy, Our Climate and Our Country.

Progressives NEVER SAVED THE ECONOMY! LIES, DAMNED LIES.

Agent CSL
11-06-2008, 07:39 PM
OH. MY. GOD.

You guys need to see what I said to my friend yesterday.. I Was only joking about the Dept. of Hope and Change! IT WAS A JOKE!

AbolishTheGovt
11-06-2008, 07:43 PM

I sent this:

I'm tired of left wing-right wing politics. I wish for an America that moves in the direction of freedom, liberty, and adherence to the Constitution. Please, give us smaller, less intrusive government. More economic freedom. More free trade, not fake "free trade" managed by unelected bureaucrats (i.e. NAFTA). More civil liberties. An end to war and meddling in the affairs of foreign nations. More national sovereignty and less global bureaucracy. Please, Obama administration, respect the limitations in the Constitution and respect our right to be left alone.

mczerone
11-06-2008, 07:48 PM
I sent this:

I'm tired of left wing-right wing politics. I wish for an America that moves in the direction of freedom, liberty, and adherence to the Constitution. Please, give us smaller, less intrusive government. More economic freedom. More free trade, not fake "free trade" managed by unelected bureaucrats (i.e. NAFTA). More civil liberties. An end to war and meddling in the affairs of foreign nations. More national sovereignty and less global bureaucracy. Please, Obama administration, respect the limitations in the Constitution and respect our right to be left alone.

I started a "What's your vision (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=167281)" thread, where I reposted what I sent in, if you want to repost this over there. I'd like to see everyone on RPF to send something in.

sirachman
11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
End Deceptive Voting Practices
Obama will sign into law his legislation that establishes harsh penalties for those who have engaged in voter fraud and provides voters who have been misinformed with accurate and full information so they can vote.

Wonderful huh?

jbrace
11-06-2008, 07:54 PM
Amend the North American Free Trade Agreement: Obama and Biden believe that NAFTA and its potential were oversold to the American people. They will work with the leaders of Canada and Mexico to fix NAFTA so that it works for American workers.

Wtf... Are they talking about the North American Union?

angelatc
11-06-2008, 07:56 PM

Non-profit community service. (As opposed to a charity.) Same as the C4L. Heh.

zach
11-06-2008, 07:57 PM
Michelle has her own office.

"Office of the First Lady"

huh?

Also, I can fill out a form to try and be a part of the administration.. I guess anyone can.
Anybody want a job and work for Barack and Joe?

http://www.change.gov/page/s/application

rprprs
11-06-2008, 08:13 PM
Everything I learn about that website will be learned here. I REFUSE to visit it. It's only been two days since the election and I've already had it "up to here" with our new lord and savior.

And will somebody also tell me when it's safe to once again turn on my TV. If I see one more replay of some overblown "I have a dream" speech, or have to watch anymore people dancing in the street in Japan and Kenya, I might do myself harm.:eek:

Cowlesy
11-06-2008, 08:20 PM
Funniest part is, his supporters will eat this shit up.

liberteebell
11-06-2008, 08:21 PM

:eek:

kathy88
11-06-2008, 08:24 PM

Cheating on my taxes is one of my greatest joys in life. Please don't take it away Obama.

coyote_sprit
11-06-2008, 08:34 PM
If Iran abandons its nuclear program and support for terrorism, we will offer incentives like membership in the World Trade Organization, economic investments, and a move toward normal diplomatic relations. If Iran continues its troubling behavior, we will step up our economic pressure and political isolation.

They really want Iran under WTO slavery.

constitutional
11-06-2008, 08:37 PM
Michelle has her own office.

"Office of the First Lady"

huh?

Also, I can fill out a form to try and be a part of the administration.. I guess anyone can.
Anybody want a job and work for Barack and Joe?

http://www.change.gov/page/s/application

Some positions will require Senate confirmation while others will not. Some appointments will be made during the transition process and others during the early part of the new Administration.

These "online application" is probably just show and tell propaganda. There are plenty to fill Obama administration. :rolleyes:

Michael Landon
11-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Man what a terrible website.. I think that letter i sent just put myself first on the list to be taken to some sort of camp :(

Seriously, this comment almost made me shit my pants. Damn, that was funny. Thanks. :)

- ML

Agent CSL
11-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Recruitment and Retention Problems: A country of 300 million strong should not struggle to find enough qualified citizens to serve. Recruiting and retention problems have been swept under the rug by an administration that does not understand the value of service to our nation.
The draft is coming! :D Yippee!

RonPaulVolunteer
11-06-2008, 10:00 PM
I sent this:

Man. I walked outside and heard this incredible laughter coming from the East. Now I know why, Obama must have just read your email.

angelatc
11-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Funniest part is, his supporters will eat this shit up.

They absolutely do. The Digg comments are chilling. They thumbed-down the 13th AMendment.

max
11-06-2008, 10:49 PM
He wants to add 100,000 troops to our army and marines!

His defense page could have been writtten by a neo con think thank...

wheres the money gonna from for this military buildup??

Kludge
11-06-2008, 11:07 PM

Tell us your vision for the country:

Resign, you stupid fuck.

Upload a photo or video:

http://lastwordon.com/blog/blog-images/change-bumper.png

tropicangela
11-06-2008, 11:10 PM

The way I understand it, a 4 can hire lobbyists so their donors' donations are not tax deductible.

mudhoney
11-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Who knows if anyone will read it, but here's my message (http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=3913). Posted it on my CFL blog, which also automatically goes to my facebook profile. :)

The root of many of our problems today stem from the reckless actions of the Federal Reserve over several decades. Their manipulation of interest rates and policy of creating money out of thin air is why malinvestments and economic bubbles and busts occur. Also, this inflationary action robs the poor and middle class of value in their savings, while transferring that wealth to the rich and well connected revolving around the big banks. I'd like to see you question this corporate system and bring about true change in monetary policy.

The Federal Reserve is an unconstitutional government sanctioned cartel of banks, and the Federal Reserve Act was written by big bankers for their own benefit.

Please, at least raise the debate over this issue, and propose putting the power of money back into the hands of Congress and the people, just as our Constitution clearly defines. Thank you.

RideTheDirt
11-06-2008, 11:17 PM
Strengthen Federal Leadership on Cyber Security: Barack Obama will declare the cyber infrastructure a strategic asset and will establish the position of national cyber advisor who will report directly to the president and will be responsible for coordinating federal agency efforts and development of national cyber policy.
O shit
on the same page-
Give Real Authority to the Privacy and Civil Liberties Board: Created by Congress and recommended by the 9/11 Commission, the Privacy and Civil Liberties Board needs to be substantially reformed and empowered to safeguard against an erosion in American civil liberties. As president, Barack Obama will support efforts to strengthen the Board with subpoena powers and reporting responsibilities, will give the Board a robust mandate designed to protect American civil liberties and will demand transparency from the Board to ensure accountability.

RideTheDirt
11-06-2008, 11:20 PM
senator obama also laid down principles for how to discuss faith in a pluralistic society, including the need for religious people to translate their concerns into universal, rather than religion-specific, values during public debate. In december, 2006, senator obama discussed the importance of faith in the global battle against aids.wow

Agent CSL
11-06-2008, 11:21 PM
Tell us your vision for the country:

Resign, you stupid fuck.

Upload a photo or video:

http://lastwordon.com/blog/blog-images/change-bumper.png
I thought we were against pre-emptive actions! :p /joke

Mahkato
11-06-2008, 11:40 PM
Posted it on my CFL blog, which also automatically goes to my facebook profile. :)

How do you get it to automatically go on your facebook profile?

dannno
11-07-2008, 12:11 AM
Impeaching Obama and putting Biden in isn't exactly "thinking ahead" :p

rsvforronpaul
11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
change.gov eh....ok...so let the conman begin his lies...lets see how long it lasts

Kludge
11-07-2008, 12:13 AM
Impeaching Obama and putting Biden in isn't exactly "thinking ahead" :p

I like Biden...

But then... I like Bush.

--- As a person, not a politician. Even so, Biden is the "lesser of two [political] evils", IMO.

ShannonOBrien
11-07-2008, 12:42 AM
thegreatleapforward.gov

eOs
11-07-2008, 02:24 AM
A lot of these posts made me laugh. Thank u lol

Liberty4Free
11-07-2008, 02:29 AM
Did anyone talk about the racist War on Drugs? And how we have the highest incarceration rate in the world with 2.3 million incarcerated. I bet Obama will never even touch that subject while in office. Maybe he'll just keep it up and put more non-violent drug offenders in jail.

bricklayer
11-07-2008, 02:37 AM
"1984"

thanks for sharing your vision for america.

mudhoney
11-07-2008, 03:06 AM
How do you get it to automatically go on your facebook profile?

Go to your "notes" page and there should be a link on the right side to "edit import settings". You will need to copy your RSS feed url from your CFL blog into your facebook profile from there.

AdamT
11-07-2008, 06:28 AM

Lobbying organization. Campaign For Liberty is the same kind.

zach
11-07-2008, 08:06 AM
wow

Yes, this whole religion issue escalating to a "universal symbolic whatever-you-want-it-to-be" belief is quite alarming.

"Religions can't have their own set of beliefs; therefore, we must remove the separation and make it so each one can benefit from every religion. In fact, let's just do away with that and make every religion into one giant religion."

That's how it seems to me.

nobody's_hero
11-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Will visiting this website, change.gov, make me a zombie?

I'm scared to look, really.

hillertexas
11-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Did anyone talk about the racist War on Drugs? And how we have the highest incarceration rate in the world with 2.3 million incarcerated. I bet Obama will never even touch that subject while in office. Maybe he'll just keep it up and put more non-violent drug offenders in jail.

http://www.change.gov/agenda/civilrights/

Expand Use of Drug Courts
Obama and Biden will give first-time, non-violent offenders a chance to serve their sentence, where appropriate, in the type of drug rehabilitation programs that have proven to work better than a prison term in changing bad behavior.

That's all i could find :(

Aratus
11-07-2008, 08:26 AM
folks, you all must have perhaps seen the john mccain forum links
you all knew he had problems keeping the g.o.p focused

this site is OBAMA's website in our gov't and unlike
www.johnmccainforum.com he owns it totally

if he's green, he's into saving paper.
the site for good or ill is transistion!

he at least is telling al gore he's saved
snailmail paper and gov't pamplet printings.

people who do click onto these taxpayer bought
web-pages may not need a printout or a printed page...

dudes, we almost got palin agreeing to WAIT until 2016 for her run!

Aratus
11-07-2008, 08:35 AM
her "first dude" could be in 1600 PENN AVE in 2013 as our
national 'first dude" if she gets a full wardrobe accounting
that factors out karl rove people from mccain people from
palin people... trust me on this one. the suits she actually
wore may have also been drycleaned and in a nice box in
the plane. she may ber the most honest candidate the g.o.p
has now, for i feel SARAH PALIN wants to have a celebrity
auction of HER historic VEEP-run lower 48 clothes as in A.S.A.P
so as to pay back the RNC! ---she has less to explain than
mitt romney does, and mitt romney is not into g.o.p politics
simply for the money. indeedy he payed out his own money...

All Seeing Eye
11-07-2008, 08:40 AM

Lest we forget that the laws and structure themselves never present the danger, just the use of the laws and structure.

A. Havnes
11-07-2008, 08:56 AM

Those aren't civil rights, those are "laws" that are supposed to make sure minorities are treated fairly! Whatever happened to gun ownership, freedom of speech, and The Constitution? No mention of either our Constitution or Bill of Rights at all!

TonySutton
11-07-2008, 08:57 AM
Barack Obama will not hesitate to use military force to take out terrorists who pose a threat to America. Obama will ensure that our military becomes more stealthy, agile, and lethal in its ability to capture or kill terrorists. He will bolster our military's ability to speak different languages, navigate different cultures, and coordinate complex missions with our civilian agencies.

Am I reading too much into the bolded section or does this say what I think it says?

AdamT
11-07-2008, 09:00 AM
A little info on the unprecedented secrecy involved with the Obama-Biden Transition Project, a private 501(c)4 non-profit organization, privately funded and not legally required to disclose their funders. I fully believe these Marxists are going to take all the new powers Bush scammed through and use them to put the final nail in the Republic. This is scary shit folks, and the MSM will be their mind-control propaganda wing to trick the lemmings to go along with it.

http://www.spectator.org/archives/2008/11/07/wasting-no-time/print

It's more important then ever to remind and re-educate people that American is all about Freedom and Liberty, and is bound to our Constitution.

MelissaCato
11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Barack Obama will work with industry to develop the systems necessary to protect our nation's trade secrets and our research and development.

Ohhh noooo. I don't like this.

http://www.change.gov/agenda/homelandsecurity/

wizardwatson
11-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Barack Obama will not hesitate to use military force to take out terrorists who pose a threat to America. Obama will ensure that our military becomes more stealthy, agile, and lethal in its ability to capture or kill terrorists. He will bolster our military's ability to speak different languages, navigate different cultures, and coordinate complex missions with our civilian agencies.

Am I reading too much into the bolded section or does this say what I think it says?

No, it pretty much says, will spy on the people as part of military ops.

This is all in the cards, and we all knew this was coming. And for those who think Obama supporters are going to check into this stuff, I seriously doubt it. They will likely all be off the net in any real sense within a week.

They came in on emotion, and they'll leave when the emotion has passed.

mczerone
11-07-2008, 09:15 AM

So can we have the benevolent government host C4L.gov?

zach
11-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Those aren't civil rights, those are "laws" that are supposed to make sure minorities are treated fairly! Whatever happened to gun ownership, freedom of speech, and The Constitution? No mention of either our Constitution or Bill of Rights at all!

Or Patriot Act, Real ID, etc.

A. Havnes
11-07-2008, 09:19 AM

No, unfortunately I don't think so. Here's a clip where he (briefly) mentions it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tt2yGzHfy7s

P.S. Even those on dial-up should be able to watch this one - it's extremely short.

RonPaulVolunteer
11-07-2008, 03:26 PM
A little info on the unprecedented secrecy involved with the Obama-Biden Transition Project, a private 501(c)4 non-profit organization, privately funded and not legally required to disclose their funders. I fully believe these Marxists are going to take all the new powers Bush scammed through and use them to put the final nail in the Republic. This is scary shit folks, and the MSM will be their mind-control propaganda wing to trick the lemmings to go along with it.

http://www.spectator.org/archives/2008/11/07/wasting-no-time/print

It's more important then ever to remind and re-educate people that American is all about Freedom and Liberty, and is bound to our Constitution.

Yep...

tropicangela
11-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Non-productive big federal government jobs

http://change.gov/page/s/application

me3
11-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I sent this:

Why is anyone in their right mind begging Obama for anything.

Tell him if he doesn't follow the Constitution, you will work to defeat him in 2012.

Don't beg or put up with his bullshit. Tell him to do his damn job the way the law says, or you will personally throw his ass out and hire someone else. The problem of the last 8 years is that no one held Bush accountable. That's the only reason Obama won.

Or you could just reject electoral politics, but sadly so many of you guys seem fixated on playing a rigged game.

Fox McCloud
11-08-2008, 04:26 PM
here's something else about drugs on his site:

Combat Methamphetamine: Methamphetamine use has increased 156 percent nationwide since 1996. Obama has a long record of fighting the meth epidemic. As President, he and Joe Biden will continue the fight to rid our communities of meth and offer support to help addicts heal.

*eye-roll* figures

eOs
11-09-2008, 05:01 PM
Obama recently changed the "agenda" page. No longer does it list anything as comprehensive as it once did. The whole page was scrapped for a broad general statement saying Obama will change things.

SnappleLlama
11-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Obama recently changed the "agenda" page. No longer does it list anything as comprehensive as it once did. The whole page was scrapped for a broad general statement saying Obama will change things.

And you know what? His supporters will love it! The more general, the better!

:bunchies::bunchies::bunchies:

mczerone
11-09-2008, 05:43 PM
The complete Agenda Page:

The Agenda

President-Elect Obama and Vice President-Elect Biden have developed innovative approaches to challenge the status quo in Washington and to bring about the kind of change America needs.

The Obama Administration has a comprehensive and detailed agenda to carry out its policies. The principal priorities of the Obama Administration include: a plan to revive the economy, to fix our health care, education, and social security systems, to define a clear path to energy independence, to end the war in Iraq responsibly and finish our mission in Afghanistan, and to work with our allies to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, among many other domestic and foreign policy objectives.

Wasn't there something about "transparency" up there before? This single paragraph sure is transparent!

For how bad Bush was, think about how fast we'll go down the road to ruin with somebody competent at the helm.

eOs
11-09-2008, 10:41 PM
I was going to start documenting the website too, looks like I'm too late.

Expatriate
11-10-2008, 12:38 AM

http://www.change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

Did anyone save those pages? I'd really like to read them to get an idea of what's coming but Obama took them down already.

Obama and Biden will dramatically simplify tax filings so that millions of Americans will be able to do their taxes in less than five minutes. Obama and Biden will ensure that the IRS uses the information it already gets from banks and employers to give taxpayers the option of pre-filled tax forms to verify, sign and return. Experts estimate that the Obama-Biden proposal will save Americans up to 200 million total hours of work and aggravation and up to $2 billion in tax preparer fees.

How do "pre-filled tax forms" work exactly? :(:eek: I thought the reason it was possible for people to cheat on their taxes at all was because the IRS doesn't know EVERY LITTLE THING about your life and your possessions?

Mitt Romneys sideburns
11-10-2008, 01:32 AM
How do "pre-filled tax forms" work exactly? :(:eek: I thought the reason it was possible for people to cheat on their taxes at all was because the IRS doesn't know EVERY LITTLE THING about your life and your possessions?

They will just start rounding up.

smithtg
11-10-2008, 08:47 AM
Did anyone save those pages? I'd really like to read them to get an idea of what's coming but Obama took them down already.

creepy the shit is taken off the website already. Probably trolls on here working with O's handlers

mczerone
11-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Now that Change.gov has been thoroughly cleaned of any 'offensive' policies, CNN has decided that it's okay to run a story proclaiming Obama the Master of the internet and promoting the site, even saying "it's a little thin on details."

Good thing all the CNN viewers didn't have to read any actual policy positions, they'd probably be overwhelmed with confusion.

undergroundrr
11-10-2008, 01:33 PM
http://change.gov/americaserves has been changed to take out the word "require" as applied to community service for students.

In light of this, it's advisable to go with the assumption that citizens will be "required" to carry out any and all of the Obama/Biden/Emanuel proposals with unquestioning obedience.

Elwar
11-11-2008, 07:50 AM
the obama forum dot com

jenb1978
11-11-2008, 12:43 PM

http://www.nraila.org/pdfs/obamaurbanpolicy.pdf

JenH88
11-11-2008, 07:44 PM
Ya know.. I noticed the pull down 'agenda' menu gone yesterday- and after the fiasco of changing around words with the 'voluntary service' I half assumed it would be back all edited today..

it's still GONE.. all the policy specifics, GONE.. "not found" messages for all the addresses still in my browser from just a few days ago.. as if the rhetoric used in those policy 'agenda' pages weren't scary enough to begin with, hiding it all just shows how much it scared some other people as well- enough for them to take it all down..

Expatriate
11-11-2008, 08:08 PM

Thanks a lot Jen! :)

intelliot
11-11-2008, 08:14 PM
Why did they pull everything off the site?

JeNNiF00F00
11-11-2008, 08:23 PM
Man after reading this thread I need to pop a bar of Xanex. Peeps think Bush is scary. Obama is worse!

Expatriate
11-11-2008, 08:41 PM

From the above which has since been removed from BO's site:

Address Gun Violence in Cities: As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on
foreign battlefields and not on our streets.

How do you make a gun childproof? Is he going where I think he's going with this?

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/1/b/e1b73e767749d97fddaac918b81b6fb0.jpg

JenH88
11-12-2008, 10:19 AM
I had wondered if he would try to make it so that guns can not be legally owned in households with children.. in the cities anyways.. it would be somewhere I could see him starting for sure.. he's been pretty clear so far that he's trying to make all/most gun sales go through the system, so they'd have records for it all...

Expatriate
11-12-2008, 11:06 AM
I had wondered if he would try to make it so that guns can not be legally owned in households with children.. in the cities anyways.. it would be somewhere I could see him starting for sure.. he's been pretty clear so far that he's trying to make all/most gun sales go through the system, so they'd have records for it all...

That would be nice, so people with kids couldn't even attempt to protect them from home invaders. Of course irresponsible parents sometimes leave loaded guns in reach of kids and tragedies happen, but that doesn't justify taking away all parents' rights.

He did say "child proof" though, which reminds me of this dumb game someone sent me once:
http://www.keepandbeararms.com/humor/flash/clinton_movie.asp
That's why I posted that picture.

The concept has been tested for police officers before, but it was determined that fingerprint identification, keycodes, and radio activation etc. made the gun too likely to fail in a life-and-death situation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_Gun#Criticism

Another thing he could be trying to do is force all guns to have something like this, which I still think is a bad idea:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/750506.stm

If guns are advertised as "childproof", one problem could be that some parents might assume that is 100% true and leave them in reach of children. Some kids figure out how to open "childproof" containers from their friends, I'm sure they could figure out the guns as well, especially if it was designed to be "easy" for an adult to open in a life/death situation.

Bottom line: There's no substitute, in my opinion, for responsible parents. If parents are dumb enough to leave loaded guns in reach of their unsupervised kids, especially without training them in gun safety, I doubt the government can do anything to help them.

He did mention the "closing the gun show loophole" which probably means he wants to make private sale of guns illegal or subject to the FBI NICS record system.

Josh_LA
11-12-2008, 03:05 PM
can't wait until they launch abortion.gov, war.gov, Israel.gov

jrkotrla
11-12-2008, 04:25 PM

yup. Got the whole website here (http://johnkotrla.com/obama/obama-does-change.zip). You can download it as a zip archive (css apparently didn't translate well...) and individual pages (again, the text is there. it does not look pretty though) of the "agenda" are here (http://johnkotrla.com/obama/).

some things are just too scary to not record. if only to say. Yup, I saw that

Expatriate
11-12-2008, 11:25 PM
yup. Got the whole website here (http://johnkotrla.com/obama/obama-does-change.zip). You can download it as a zip archive (css apparently didn't translate well...) and individual pages (again, the text is there. it does not look pretty though) of the "agenda" are here (http://johnkotrla.com/obama/).

some things are just too scary to not record. if only to say. Yup, I saw that

Wow! Thanks a lot! I'll have to look tomorrow though, I'm going to bed. Night all...