PDA

View Full Version : My Vote Didn't Count

afmatt
11-06-2008, 01:23 PM
We attempted to deliver your item at 7:33 AM on October 30, 2008 in PIKEVILLE, TN 37367 and a notice was left. It can be redelivered or picked up at the Post Office. If the item is unclaimed, it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

Track & Confirm

Search Results

Label/Receipt Number: 7008 1140 0001 4451 4758
Detailed Results:

Bullet Notice Left, October 30, 2008, 7:33 am, PIKEVILLE, TN 37367
Bullet Arrival at Unit, October 30, 2008, 5:57 am, PIKEVILLE, TN 37367
Bullet Acceptance, October 27, 2008, 4:09 pm, *** *****, IA 50***

What. The. Hell?
I sent my ballot certified mail specifically to avoid the ballot getting lost, and now I find out that they haven't even bothered to pick it up? This is bull.

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 01:28 PM
What. The. Hell?
I sent my ballot certified mail specifically to avoid the ballot getting lost, and now I find out that they haven't even bothered to pick it up? This is bull.

:eek: And it probably would have completely changed the WHOLE election outcome too. DARN!

afmatt
11-06-2008, 01:30 PM
:eek: And it probably would have completely changed the WHOLE election outcome. DARN!

Sigh.
No it wouldn't (I checked, no races were that close)

But the principle of the matter is what concerns me.

SnappleLlama
11-06-2008, 01:32 PM
Sigh.

Nah, you have every right to be pissed off. I definitely would be! :mad:

newyearsrevolution08
11-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Sigh.

you voted and did your duty, the us government dropped the ball by not getting it counted fast enough. Maybe they should add a "faster voter tax" so it won't happen next time around.

Don't trip on it my man.

Next time though, just drop it off at the dozens of ballot voting booths ON election day versus mailing it in. That is how I do it, and watch them put it into a locked baggy thing versus hoping it got there in time through the mail.

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 02:27 PM
Sigh.

As do my principles for me. ;) :)

afmatt
11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
Nah, you have every right to be pissed off. I definitely would be! :mad:

Don't worry - I'm still pissed.

you voted and did your duty, the us government dropped the ball by not getting it counted fast enough. Maybe they should add a "faster voter tax" so it won't happen next time around.

Don't trip on it my man.

Next time though, just drop it off at the dozens of ballot voting booths ON election day versus mailing it in. That is how I do it, and watch them put it into a locked baggy thing versus hoping it got there in time through the mail.

If I could have dropped it off I would have gone in and voted. I'm stationed several states away from my home of record.

Decided that I'm going to wait to tomorrow to calm down a bit and then call the election commission in my home county and ask them what the heck is going on.

hotbrownsauce
11-06-2008, 03:33 PM
What. The. Hell?

People have reported this across the country that their mail wasn't counted fast enough so they got no ballot even though they followed the law to a T.