PDA

View Full Version : RPF Baldwin / Barr threads = 1,218, what a joke!

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 10:53 AM
Barr 490,764 votes

Baldwin 175,905 votes

jsgolfman
11-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I was one of the 175,905 thank you very much.

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 11:43 AM
I was one of the 175,905 thank you very much. You're welcome very much. Did you collect your warm and fuzzy feeling?

dannno
11-06-2008, 11:50 AM
You should try that again, but limit it to threads that were started after Barr didn't show up at the press conference.

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
You should try that again, but limit it to threads that were started after Barr didn't show up at the press conference.

I made the point I wanted to make. ;)

Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

WRellim
11-06-2008, 12:22 PM
You're welcome very much. Did you collect your warm and fuzzy feeling?

For me it did.
:)

I was able to go and vote for:

1) Baldwin.

2) Libertarian candidates in several other races (including Congress).

3) AGAINST all incumbents but one. (And that the SOLE exception is a man I know personally, whose main beliefs/actions are in harmony with mine, and whose record in my state assembly is almost as solid as RP's is in Congress).

And when I talk to people who admit feeling "dirty" about how THEY voted for the "lesser" of evils, or how they felt "guilty" about not voting because they couldn't decide, etc... I am able to testify how I do *not* have to experience any of those things, that if they would follow my lead, they could have clear consciences as well; and that if we could convince enough other people to do the same, THEN it would make a difference.
:D

BTW -- I am certainly NOT against people who CHOOSE not to vote on PURPOSE. That is a principled stand that I *totally* respect (and in some years have done myself). I also actually have respect for people who do not vote because they know themselves to be "clueless" and "uninformed" (such people, IMO should not BE voting).;)

The people that disgust me are the people who choose to vote by going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe" -- or who vote because of either party-loyalty and/or some stupid propaganda they read or saw. :mad:

Volitzer
11-06-2008, 12:50 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/allcandidates/

I'm not sure how accurate it is but Chuck was only on the ballots in 35 states.

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
For me it did.

I was able to go and vote for:

1) Baldwin.

2) Libertarian candidates in several other races (including Congress).

3) AGAINST all incumbents but one. (And that the SOLE exception is a man I know personally, whose main beliefs/actions are in harmony with mine, and whose record in my state assembly is almost as solid as RP's is in Congress).

And when I talk to people who admit feeling "dirty" about how THEY voted for the "lesser" of evils, or how they felt "guilty" about not voting because they couldn't decide, etc... I am able to testify how I do *not* have to experience any of those things, that if they would follow my lead, they could have clear consciences as well; and that if we could convince enough other people to do the same, THEN it would make a difference.
:D

BTW -- I am certainly NOT against people who CHOOSE not to vote on PURPOSE. That is a principled stand that I *totally* respect (and in some years have done myself). I also actually have respect for people who do not vote because they know themselves to be "clueless" and "uninformed" (such people, IMO should not BE voting).;)

The people that disgust me are the people who choose to vote by going "eeny-meeny-miney-moe" -- or who vote because of either party-loyalty and/or some stupid propaganda they read or saw. :mad:

Congrats on your warm and fuzzy! :)

I was cranking up for a fight, but you pulled it out there close to the end. ;) :D

Thanks!

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 01:23 PM
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/allcandidates/

I'm not sure how accurate it is but Chuck was only on the ballots in 35 states. Would those other 15 states have put him over the top? ;) :D

apc3161
11-06-2008, 01:46 PM
Truth Warrior. Why do you always put your comments in bold?

It is really annoying.

gls
11-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Breakdown of minor party/independent presidential candidate percentages in the last 5 election cycles:

Nader 0.52% Independent
Barr 0.40% Libertarian
Baldwin 0.14% Constitution
McKinney 0.11% Green

Nader 0.38% Independent
Badnarik 0.32% Libertarian
Peroutka 0.12% Constitution
Cobb 0.10% Green

Nader 2.73% Green
Buchanan 0.43% Reform
Browne 0.36% Libertarian
Phillips 0.11% Constitution

Perot 8.40% Reform
Nader 0.71% Green
Browne 0.50% Libertarian
Phillips 0.19% Constitution

Perot 18.91% Independent
Marrou 0.28% Libertarian
Gritz 0.10% Populist
Fulani 0.07% New Alliance

JosephTheLibertarian
11-06-2008, 01:50 PM
Barr 490,764 votes

Baldwin 175,905 votes

ha. Check this out

2004 - Michael Peroutka and Chuck Baldwin 143,630 Votes

So much for that one :rolleyes:

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 01:58 PM
Truth Warrior. Why do you always put your comments in bold?

It is really annoying.

A) It's easier for these old eyes to read against the pink editing background.

B) It's easier for these old eyes to reread against the blue quote background.

C) It's easier for these old eyes to find when I'm quoted in a thread for a possible reply.

D) My arms are very long so I sit back from the screen when I type.

E) I like it. :)

Are you equally really annoyed by the bold unread thread titles on the "New Posts" page?

I'm very sorry to read that you are so easily really annoyed. :(

Thanks!

WRellim
11-06-2008, 03:00 PM
A) It's easier for these old eyes to read against the pink editing background.

B) It's easier for these old eyes to reread against the blue quote background.

C) It's easier for these old eyes to find when I'm quoted in a thread for a possible reply.

D) I like it. :)

E) My arms are very long so I sit back from the screen when I type.

F) Are you equally really annoyed by the bold unread thread titles on the "New Posts" page?

I'm very sorry to read that you are so easily really annoyed. :(

Thanks!

Are you aware that (in most browsers like Firefox) you can just hit "Cntrl+" and make the text on YOUR screen larger. (So you can read EVERYONE'S posts much easier... your own AND other peoples!)

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 03:10 PM
Are you aware that (in most browsers like Firefox) you can just hit "Cntrl+" and make the text on YOUR screen larger. (So you can read EVERYONE'S posts much easier... your own AND other peoples!)
Actually, no I wasn't. :o I have Firefox but I prefer I.E. 7. I just checked, it works there too. :cool:

Thanks for the tip. These old eyes really appreciate it. :D

WRellim
11-06-2008, 03:21 PM
Actually, no I wasn't. :o I have Firefox but I prefer I.E. 7. I just checked, it works there too. :cool:

Thanks for the tip. These old eyes really appreciate it. :D

No problemo... and glad to be of help.

As I reach my mid-forties my eyesight is no longer what it used to be (which was much better than 20/20 for all of my life... till now*) -- anyway, I find that my arms are not long enough these days. :(

And yet strangely sometimes, if I sit and lean too far back in my chair the text on the screen is not so easily readable as it previously was... so the Cntrl+ feature comes in handy.

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 03:47 PM
No problemo... and glad to be of help.

As I reach my mid-forties my eyesight is no longer what it used to be (which was much better than 20/20 for all of my life... till now*) -- anyway, I find that my arms are not long enough these days. :(

And yet strangely sometimes, if I sit and lean too far back in my chair the text on the screen is not so easily readable as it previously was... so the Cntrl+ feature comes in handy. I read somewhere in the last year or two that you have just about half as many rods ( light detectors ) in your eyes at 50 than you had at 18. I've always been far sighted, but wear glasses just for reading. Now I often take a small flashlight with me too, to dimly lit restaurants just so I can read the menus. :p

Big wheel just keeps on turning, you'll be here, where I am, before you even know it. ;)

Thanks!

heavenlyboy34
11-06-2008, 03:52 PM
:eek: NOOO!!! I'll never get old! NEVER! You can't make me! mwah hahahaha!!!

[B]Big wheel just keeps on turning, you'll be here, where I am, before you even know it. ;)
]

gls
11-06-2008, 03:56 PM

Reminds me of this stanza from the Simon & Garfunkel classic "The Boxer":

Now the years are rolling by me
They are rocking evenly
And I am older than I once was
And younger than I'll be, but that's not unusual.
No, it isn't strange
After changes upon changes
We are more or less the same
After changes we are more or less the same

Mahkato
11-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I will post in large, easy-to-read type from now on.

WRellim
11-06-2008, 03:58 PM
I read somewhere in the last year or two that you have just about half as many rods ( light detectors ) in your eyes at 50 than you had at 18. I've always been far sighted, but wear glasses just for reading. Now I often take a small flashlight with me too. to dimly lit restaurants just so I can read the menus. :p

Big wheel just keeps on turning, you'll be here, where I am, before you even know it. ;)

Thanks!

Yeah, unfortunately I'm already getting there (and it's a P.I.T.A.)
:(

I used to have 20/10 vision (loved to freak the eye doctors out, when they'd tell me to read the bottom line on the Eye Chart, I'd start "Copyright (C) 1984 by..." and I was NOT faking it) :D

And I guess I was lucky in that it at least seemed that I had kept that level (or close enough to it) through my twenties and thirties and even past forty... it's really only in the last year that I've needed the reading glasses (and then normally only in low light and/or when my eyes are stressed).

RE: the menu's in restaurants really tick me off these days, I mostly blame desktop publishing. In a former life I was a typesetter at several graphic/printing companies, and (even though *I* had perfect vision) I always made readability a major design factor when doing menus (and had many a "fight" with restaurant people when they requested small text, or those really hard-to-read scripty fonts!)

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 03:59 PM
:eek: NOOO!!! I'll never get old! NEVER! You can't make me! mwah hahahaha!!! The only thing worse than getting older, is the alternative. ;)

Nature has her ways of persuasion. :D

WRellim
11-06-2008, 04:03 PM

Sadly, the only way to avoid getting old is to die while you are young (something I do NOT recommend).

But young people have NEVER (deep inside) truly believed they would get *old* -- they all think (in their hearts) that they are somehow immortal.

Myself included... and I was *old* (cynical/crusty) even when I was very young.

gls
11-06-2008, 04:04 PM
RE: the menu's in restaurants really tick me off these days, I mostly blame desktop publishing. In a former life I was a typesetter at several graphic/printing companies, and (even though *I* had perfect vision) I always made readability a major design factor when doing menus (and had many a "fight" with restaurant people when they requested small text, or those really hard-to-read scripty fonts!)

I used to be a busser in a classy restaurant and my manager would always dim the lights really low in order to try and create a "romantic atmosphere". Meanwhile people would be forced to hold up votive candles just to try and read the menu. I'm surprised nothing ever caught on fire, actually.

Truth Warrior
11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Yeah, unfortunately I'm already getting there (and it's a P.I.T.A.)
:(

I used to have 20/10 vision (loved to freak the eye doctors out, when they'd tell me to read the bottom line on the Eye Chart, I'd start "Copyright (C) 1984 by..." and I was NOT faking it) :D

And I guess I was lucky in that it at least seemed that I had kept that level (or close enough to it) through my twenties and thirties and even past forty... it's really only in the last year that I've needed the reading glasses (and then normally only in low light and/or when my eyes are stressed).

Thanks for your good works. :)

As the number of older Boomers reach the tipping point, I predict and expect that many things in the economy will change to accommodate them in their senior years. I'm a life long witness to the adage that, "The Boomers move through the economy like a goat through a python.".

Buy those retirement community, health care, drug, funeral services and cemetery, etc. stocks. ;) :D