PDA

View Full Version : Great idea for the "Paint the town Ron" day

rdegtyar
09-08-2007, 12:45 AM
I got an interesting idea on how we can spice up the "Paint the town Ron" day.

We have a couple of highway overpasses that have chain-link fence on their sides. This fence can serve as excellent canvas for our campaign. We could tie pieces of cloth or ribbons to the fence to form big letters that will visible from far away. Take a look at this picture for an example:

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/49/01/23110149.jpg

This gives a few benefits over the regular signs:

1. They look beautiful
2. They are catchy. People will be wondering how we did it.
3. They are more likely to get into newspapers.
4. And most importantly - they are extremely hard to remove. While the regular signs will be taken down in the matter of days, these fence signs will stay until the election.

The bad part is that they are more difficult to make. But I did some thinking and it seems to me that with good coordination of efforts it's easily doable. Here is how we can do it.

A day before somebody comes in and outlines the letters (e.g. "RON PAUL") with thin rope or thread. It's very easy to do for letters like N, A, and L - you just put the rope through the chain links in the corners of the letter shapes. It's gonna be a little harder for the "round" letters like R and O. The next day we go and fill in the letters with cloth/ribbons. If we allocate one person per letter it can be done in 1-1.5 hours. There are ways to speed it up. We can allocate two people per letter. Or we can only outline the letters without filling them in. You got the idea.

There are a lot of variations on how to make it even prettier. For example we can use different outline and fill colors or use different colors for each letter.

Let me know what you think (even if you think it totally sucks).

Corydoras
09-08-2007, 05:20 AM
Totally sucks.
Graffiti.
I think it will just tick off whoever is in charge of the fences.
Maybe badly enough for them to call campaign HQ.
And if you've got that many man-hours available to you, spend it holding signs.
Too many people have been seeing "Ron Paul" signs and not realizing he's running for president.
JMHO.

Dary
09-08-2007, 07:50 AM
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/49/01/23110149.jpg

Let me know what you think (even if you think it totally sucks).

I think this idea rocks. Do this and everything else you can think of to do.

Peace.

Tn...Andy
09-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Do it.

Anything to get Ron Paul's name out is GOOD in my opinion. I have no time for wimpy people that say "oh....it's graffiti"....or "Oh my gosh....that might offend somebody"....

Screw that. This is a REVOLUTION folks.....TAKE BACK OUR COUNTRY !

You might remember the tea dumped in the harbor at the last Boston Tea Party was private property. In the grand scheme of things, DID THAT MATTER ??

constituent
09-08-2007, 09:20 AM
bump.