PDA

View Full Version : Here's a novel idéa: A little less conversation, a little more Donation.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 12:42 AM
Ok people, I do not want to start a panic here....
But it's time to PANIC!!!

I realize that many of you have donated a lot already, but if the rumors are true, that donations have begun to dry up, then this campaign is over.

PANIC!

We do a lot of great work here that needs to continue. A lot of great initiatives to spread the word. BUT...

It's almost time now for the Q3 numbers, and we all know how important they are. So what i am suggesting is this: That we focus all our efforts from now untill the deadline on pulling in the money that RP so desperately needs.

Im sure that there is a lot of money to be had out there if we just set our minds to it, and focus our creative energy on that goal. The priority of everyone here needs to be:

1. Donate what you can.
2. Get more donations from others.
3. Everything else that usually goes on here.

Even if you have donated all you can afford or are allowed to, there are many ways of potentially raising money. We need to put our minds to it right away, and then get out and do it.

If there is one thing I know for a fact, it is how effective we can be when we set a goal and a deadline, and then focus our combined efforts, we have proven it again and again.

Our community here is great, because everyone contributes in their own way, so we literally have people covering every angle, but i think its time to

STOP!

And think about this simple fact. The more money we make for Ron Paul in these next few weeks, the greater his chance of becoming our next president.

It really is that simple. You may not like it, you probably think that it shouldn't be like that, and you're right, but that's just the way the system works.

THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER DONATION THREAD.

We really need to make this happen. Let us Rock Ron Pauls world!
Together we can do it.

Shatterhand
09-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Ok people, I do not want to start a panic here....
But it's time to PANIC!!!

I realize that many of you have donated a lot already, but if the rumors are true, that donations have begun to dry up, then this campaign is over.

PANIC!

We do a lot of great work here that needs to continue. A lot of great initiatives to spread the word. BUT...

It's almost time now for the Q3 numbers, and we all know how important they are. So what i am suggesting is this: That we focus all our efforts from now untill the deadline on pulling in the money that RP so desperately needs.

Im sure that there is a lot of money to be had out there if we just set our minds to it, and focus our creative energy on that goal. The priority of everyone here needs to be:

1. Donate what you can.
2. Get more donations from others.
3. Everything else that usually goes on here.

Even if you have donated all you can afford or are allowed to, there are many ways of potentially raising money. We need to put our minds to it right away, and then get out and do it.

If there is one thing I know for a fact, it is how effective we can be when we set a goal and a deadline, and then focus our combined efforts, we have proven it again and again.

Our community here is great, because everyone contributes in their own way, so we literally have people covering every angle, but i think its time to

STOP!

And think about this simple fact. The more money we make for Ron Paul in these next few weeks, the greater his chance of becoming our next president.

It really is that simple. You may not like it, you probably think that it shouldn't be like that, and you're right, but that's just the way the system works.

THIS IS NOT JUST ANOTHER DONATION THREAD.

We really need to make this happen. Let us Rock Ron Pauls world!
Together we can do it.

Rumors? What rumors?! You just scared me. :eek:

Spirit of '76
09-08-2007, 12:52 AM
but if the rumors are true, that donations have begun to dry up,

Where did you hear this? :confused:

njandrewg
09-08-2007, 01:01 AM

someone in another thread claimed that Ron Paul only raised 2 million so far because his donators are tapped out. Which is prepostrous of course.

Spirit of '76
09-08-2007, 01:02 AM
Hmmm...

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 01:03 AM

Right here, from trustworthy RP supporters:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16702

Disinter said:
I talked to RP's fundraising director when RP was in Ft. Worth and it is not looking as positive as I had hoped....

Then ctb619 asked:
Who did you get the information from?

To which Disinter answered:
RP's fundraising director: Jonathan Bydlak

Meanwhile BLS added:
From my ties to HQ, it's so far this Quarter, less than 2 million.

It's apparently ALOT less than last quarter.

My understanding is he hit alot of people after his bash with Guiliani, but his 'flame' has fizzled a bit.

Now, i trust these people. And i think you should too.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 01:05 AM
If the rumor is true or not ultimately doesn't change anything.

This still needs to happen IMHO.

Kuldebar
09-08-2007, 01:06 AM
Here's a novel idéa: A little less conversation, a little more Donation.

The two aren't exactly mutually exclusive, you know?

Conversation, as in dialogue makes a difference. Ripples in the pond. It's also a huge part of the creative energy and motivation for this freedom movement.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 01:08 AM
The two aren't exactly mutually exclusive, you know?

Conversation, as in dialogue makes a difference. Ripples in the pond. It's also a huge part of the creative energy and motivation for this freedom movement.

If you read my post carefully you will see that i agree with you. I just suggest that we make this our number one priority.
Not just in word, but in action as well.

Kuldebar
09-08-2007, 01:11 AM
If you read my post carefully you will see that i agree with you. I just suggest that we make this our number one priority.
Not just in word, but in action as well.

Couldn't read it, was too busy donating :p

There's a pretty big to do list, of that I have no doubt. I am very curious about how the campaign finances are going, it will tell us much.

Lord Xar
09-08-2007, 01:12 AM
I am with you.. I pinged 75 in the other thread.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 01:20 AM
I am with you.. I pinged 75 in the other thread.

That's great!

Now, who will be the next to add their names to the list?

Speak up, and give us your thoughts and idéas

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 01:55 AM
Dead silence...

Hmm, now i AM depressed, but maybe its just because this is a bad time?

Btw, one of the most direct indicators of our success is alexa.com

Go to alexa.com, and check the traffic for Ron Pauls website.

See the tall spike after the Rudy-moment? See whats missing after this recent debate?

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronpaul2008.c om%2F

I don't want to bum y'all out, but for the sake of Ron Paul we shouldn't get too satisfied with ourselves.

I hear people all excited about how "we are winning" or how "change is in the air"...

Im afraid that we may not be doing nearly as well as we give ourselves credit for.

study that graph, and ask yourselves: If we are growing exponentially, why isnt the graph?

Lord Xar
09-08-2007, 02:03 AM
Dead silence...

Hmm, now i AM depressed, but maybe its just because this i a bad time?

Btw, one of the most direct indicators of our success is alexa.com

Go to alexa.com, and check the traffic for Ron Pauls website.

See the tall spike after the Rudy-moment? See whats missing after this recent debate?

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronpaul2008.c om%2F

I don't want to bum y'all out, but for the sake of Ron Paul we shouldn't get too satisfied with ourselves.

I hear people all excited about how "we are winning" or how "change is in the air"...

Im afraid that we may not be doing nearly as well as we give ourselves credit for.

study that graph, and ask yourselves: If we are growing exponentially, why isnt the graph?

I DO THINK WE SHOULD DONATE, DONATE, DONATE.. But I think you are wrong.

well, that shows UP to the 5th... that is still a few days behind... that is not an updated view. You can also see that the site is UP in percentages. Traffic is still very good, and climbing.

Also, Obama is ALL OVER MSM and he has HUGE NUMBERS OF MONIES GENERATED yet -- he doesn't have the traffic as Ron Paul - so that is NOT a barometer for success.

Most people donate to Obama and Hilarry or Ghouliani because MSM has told them too. PLUS, there is also the idea that we as a grassroots go out and flyer, we put out advertisements etc.. that is worth a boatload of money.... so in dollar to the campaign he is not up there with some.. bu he is FAR AHEAD of many others who do NOT have the movement he has....

I understand what you are saying, but Alexa is a good barometer but not a definitive source of donation to view association.

Keep staying positive.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-08-2007, 02:04 AM
My income is meager since I am a student but I am making $25 donations whenever I can. I think his numbers will be solid.

Shatterhand
09-08-2007, 02:21 AM
I'm interested in Lord Xar's idea of contacting friends and asking them to donate. I'm going to work on a letter and see what happens . . .
:D :D :D :D

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 02:28 AM
I'm interested in Lord Xar's idea of contacting friends and asking them to donate. I'm going to work on a letter and see what happens . . .
:D :D :D :D

Yes, that is a great initiative. we need more of those

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 02:56 AM
Ok everyone, here is Lord Xar's initiative, let's all get behind this!

I know this is harsh. But I am worried.

Here is the deal. Don't clutter the thread. Just post the following information:

Number of persons you emailed:

Number of persons emailed: 3

Hey Guys,

Listen. Can you all do me a favor. You know I have been very involved lately with Ron Paul, and though we all might have different beliefs - you can't argue with Freedom and the Constitution. Honesty or Integrity etc.... plus a whole slew of other things like - Secure Borders, End the IRS, Stop the North American Union, END THE WAR and create a foreign policy on peace not war.. - can you spare a dime, dollar, 10, 20, 50 etc... :-)

But I just want to get the word out. If you can spare anything, hook an honest politician up!!!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

thanks,
me

Paulitician
09-08-2007, 02:59 AM
If it is true then the message needs to be sent out to every meetup and every Ron Paul supporter. I was thinking we could make 4 million easily this time around but I guess I was wrong. I always felt there was less activity especially with the fact that a lot of us are going back to school and have our jobs to worry about and whatnot. I'm not sure how much the debate two days ago will help... most viewed so far so definitely some newcomers I bet. Plus Ron Paul is going to be on O'Reilly, tons of people watch that clown. If I remember correctly, Kent Synder when interviewed by Howard Phillips said a national campaign will cost 30 to 40 million dollars. How do we get that kind of money? We need to get businesses involved, and we need to get celebrities involved. Now, let's say that Ron Paul does get boost in numbers with the continual coverage. Will that be enough? Certainly it can't merely be a grassroots effot with the type of corrupt system we have now. Ron Paul will definitely need mass media coverage; he's still very, very unknown. So what's the most effective way to raise donation numbers? We should inform every supporter. But beside that, what should be our biggest priorities? Small businesses and celebrities as others have suggested, or what?

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 03:05 AM

OMG!

I take it all back!

Alexa has just been updated and now shows a huge spike for RonPaul2008!

This is all the more encouragement for getting those donations in the bank though. All thoe just learning about him need to donate before the deadline.

Paulitician
09-08-2007, 03:07 AM
OMG!

I take it all back!

This is all the more encouragement for getting those donations in the bank though. All thoe just learning about him need to donate before the deadline.
Indeed. Largest numbers yet :eek:

JaylieWoW
09-08-2007, 03:08 AM
If I remember correctly, Kent Synder when interviewed by Howard Phillips said a national campaign will cost 30 to 40 million dollars. How do we get that kind of money?

Ok, call me a dreamer, but considering the good Dr. (as of last quarter reporting) had only spent 650~; and

Considering the additional money/time/materials spent individually by the meetup groups...

I would say our good man Ron is WELL ahead of even Obama in contributions.

Lord Xar
09-08-2007, 03:11 AM
OMG!

I take it all back!

hehehe.. I told you.

But you know something. I am motivated SO MUCH right now. That gave me a scare, he might be low -- but those numbers are encouraging.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 03:12 AM
Ok, call me a dreamer, but considering the good Dr. (as of last quarter reporting) had only spent 650~; and

Considering the additional money/time/materials spent individually by the meetup groups...

I would say our good man Ron is WELL ahead of even Obama in contributions.

There is the unknown factor: grassroots spending

However, it can not carry RP to victory if it doesn't throw off a decent amount of donations to the campaign as well.

I very much doubt we are ahead of Obama;)

Paulitician
09-08-2007, 03:15 AM
Well we'll have to wait for a day to see if it's really the highest spike yet. I moved the graph smoothing all the way to the negative sign and shows that the site had the most traffic after the June 5th CNN debate. This looks like it will surpass it though.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 03:16 AM
hehehe.. I told you.

But you know something. I am motivated SO MUCH right now. That gave me a scare, he might be low -- but those numbers are encouraging.

Indeed you did Sir. :D

Yes, its very motivating!

Now let's collect the money while RP is fresh on everyones minds

Thunderbolt
09-08-2007, 03:27 AM

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 03:38 AM
That's great!

Now, who will be the next to add their names to the list?

Speak up, and give us your thoughts and idéas

I donated 150 yesterday.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 03:39 AM
I donated another fifty today. I don't have it. So don't give me that excuse. We all need to donate whatever we can. Are we allowed to go door to door fundraising? Does anyone know?

How about going door-to-door handing out CAMPAIGN LITERATURE!!! If you can get more people interested in Dr. Paul, the money will follow. PLEASE GET OUT THERE.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 04:23 AM
How about going door-to-door handing out CAMPAIGN LITERATURE!!! If you can get more people interested in Dr. Paul, the money will follow. PLEASE GET OUT THERE.

This is great too, and it is what we have been doing for a long time now.

What i am saying is this;

Let's get all the donations we can from the people already aware of Ron Paul. This is why:

If he does 3-4 million, everything goes on as it has. The media have their excuse to call him minor, and the population have a hard time believing he can actually win

If he does more then that, and much better then expected, it will give him a real boost.

Also, if Ron Paul is giong to get really big, it is going to happen before and around the Q4 numbers, or not at all. So there is no reason to keep anything in reserve, because it will make little difference either because;

1) It will drown in the huge flood of donations by all his new followers (fingers crosed):D
2) His campaign hasn't taken off and collecting another 3-4 million wont make much of a difference.

We have done a lot of work spreading the word of Ron Paul, and we must continue to do so.
However, the time to "collect" is now, not later. We need to spread the message to every Ron Paul supporter out there that we need to make a statement with our Q3 numbers.

Just listen to the man himself:

"But the media, and everyone else, will be looking at fundraising totals at the end of this month. They'll judge us by how we do. And we need help to wage what we hope will be a full-scale, 50-state campaign. Please help me head into the next quarter fully armed to do battle for freedom, peace and prosperity. Make your most generous contribution https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/. This Revolution is on the move, but it very much needs your support.

Sincerely,

Ron"

Let us help give Dr. Paul the credibility he deserves!
We can do it if we all work together on this.

Btw, that means all you people who just come here to read as well ;)

disciple
09-08-2007, 06:28 AM

Do we have any campaign literature geared towards businesses?

I can put those to good use.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 06:40 AM
Do we have any campaign literature geared towards businesses?

I can put those to good use.

Of course you are talking about litterature aimed at getting Donations from businesses...:rolleyes:

Please keep this thread on subject as much as possible, unless something mindbogglingly awesome comes along of course.

But please, there are a like million threads about spreading flyers.

I want this thread to be about getting the donations, and it should never die ;)

max
09-08-2007, 06:42 AM
If Byldak is the same Byldak that ran a meetup group, he's just a 23 years old. How does a 23 year old kid get to be the fundraising director of a Presidential campaign??? Are you shitting me?

This nonsense of believing that the Meetups "are the campaign" has to end. We are an important element, but if HQ thinks 5,000 Meetup activists are going to carry the day (the true number of those who actually work)...they are dreaming.

We are the minutemen...but HQ is the Continental Army.

The campaign ads in Iowa flat out sucked.

The fundrasing marketing is lacking (I have only had one Direct mail appeal sent to me since my first donation in April!)

The campaign website is overwhelming and uninformative to a newcomer. Aravoths videos should be front and center instead of the stuff they have now.

RP has spent HALF as much time in NH as Romney.

They have low name recognition and havent run any national ads yet (like Fred did). Instead, they are spending money on "consultants".

No one is coaching RP regarding debates (his words are good but his body language is horrible)...and why doesnt RP give out his website address during his TV and radio interviews?

It really seems like amatuer hour at HQ.

Let's face realty..RP name recognition is still abysmally low and I dont see HQ doing anything about it. All the good stuff comes from us. WE NEED SOME AERIAL COVER! I'm tired of hearing "Who is Ron Paul?" It's not cute anymore.

As for what we can do, I suggest placing a direct appeal for donations on all marketing materials.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 06:47 AM
If Byldak is the same Byldak that ran a meetup group, he's just a 23 years old. How does a 23 year old kid get to be the fundraising director of a Presidential campaign??? Are you shitting me?

This nonsense of believing that the Meetups "are the campaign" has to end. We are an important element, but if HQ thinks 5,000 Meetup activists are going to carry the day (the true number of those who actually work)...they are dreaming.

The fundrasing marketing is lacking (I have only had one Direct mail appeal sent to me since my first donation in April!)

The campaign website is overwhelming and uninformative to a newcomer. Aravoths videos should be front and center instead of the stuff they have now.

They have low name recognition and havent run any national ads yet (like Fred did). Instead, they are spending money on "consultants".

No one is coaching RP regarding debates (his words are good but his body language is horrible)...and why doesnt RP give out his website address during his TV and radio interviews?

Let's face realty..RP name recognition is still abysmally low and I dont see HQ doing anything about it. All the good stuff comes from us. WE NEED SOME AERIAL COVER! I'm tired of hearing "Who is Ron Paul?" It's not cute anymore.

As for what we can do, I suggest placing a direct appeal for donations on all marketing materials.

Whoa...

That was a lot of negativity, but you finished it up with a good suggestion at least ;)

You have some good points of course, but lets reserve that debate for another thread, and lets get drunk first :D

Sematary
09-08-2007, 07:29 AM
OMG!

I take it all back!

Holy HITS, Batman!

SwooshOU
09-08-2007, 07:33 AM
I encourage everyone to donate. At the same time, think about all the literature and foot campaigning that people are doing themselves that doesn't cost the campaign a cent. While other campaigns have had to spend millions for their supporters to get signs, stickers, shirts and literature the RP campaign has saved millions from the grassroots spending their own money doing that. I know there's no way to figure it up, but imagine how many millions could be added to the campaign's bottom line if that was tallied in with it.

Nevertheless, DONATE, DONATE, DONATE!

:)

krott5333
09-08-2007, 07:43 AM

I agree with all of this, especially the "who is ron paul" crap.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 07:45 AM
I agree with all of this, especially the "who is ron paul" crap.

Stay. On. Topic.

Please :D

max
09-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Stay. On. Topic.

Please :D

I'm working on a fundraising letter for smal business owners...
the focus will be on IRS and regulation...

the piece will contain a donation form and an a retrun envelope address to RP...

But this is really something HQ should be doing with professional mail and business return mail envelopes...

Doctors need to be targetted as well..

If I had Blydak's job i know I could raise serious cash by targetting each specific group....from gun owners...to christians..to business people ..to anti-war activists etc.

constituent
09-08-2007, 07:57 AM
ok, this is on topic but a tangent... please see this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16752).

p.s. casual... love the way you run your thread... keep it up.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 07:59 AM
I'm working on a fundraising letter for smal business owners...
the focus will be on IRS and regulation...

the piece will contain a donation form and an a retrun envelope address to RP...

But this is really something HQ should be doing with professional mail and business return mail envelopes...

Doctors need to be targetted as well..

If I had Blydak's job i know I could raise serious cash by targetting each specific group....from gun owners...to christians..to business people ..to anti-war activists etc.

Nice!

Do you have a draft we can look at?

I really like the idea.

Lets do a brainstorm people!

What should the letter look like?

How do we best win over the small business owners?

How should we phraze it?

Let's see what we can come up with!

And if you are reading this, and have a fundraising-idea yourself, lets hear it.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 08:02 AM
ok, this is on topic but a tangent... please see this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16752).

p.s. casual... love the way you run your thread... keep it up.

Thank you.

I do what I can ;)

Unfortunately I have to leave soon. Is there any chance i could persuade you to take over for me? I will be gone for 5-6 hours, but you dont have to hold watch for that long if you can find someone to pass it on to.

constituent
09-08-2007, 08:03 AM

-your hook: Fire Your CPA!

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 08:04 AM

-your hook: Fire Your CPA!

:D

I like it!

constituent
09-08-2007, 08:07 AM
in a business letter it would be your subject line.

Cindy
09-08-2007, 08:28 AM
To build some momentum for Q 3 fundraising reports, can we start and sticky a new post, where members post donations with a running total kept?

Any time someone makes one, they can add it to a running total. We can also get an idea by the confirmation numbers, how many outside of the site are making donations in between ours.

I'll donate $50, if a mod/admin stickies a donations post asking members to keep a running total when then add theirs.

Maybe we can make our own goal to reach by Sept 25th as well like $5,000-$10,000.

Just an idea I think would be fun to add to and watch grow. :)

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 08:36 AM
To build some momentum for Q 3 fundraising reports, can we start and sticky a new post, where members post donations with a running total kept?

Any time someone makes one, they can add it to a running total. We can also get an idea by the confirmation numbers, how many outside of the site are making donations in between ours.

I'll donate $50, if a mod/admin stickies a donations post asking members to keep a running total when then add theirs.

Maybe we can make our own goal to reach by Sept 25th as well like $5,000-$10,000.

Just an idea I think would be fun to add to and watch grow. :)

Great idéa Cindy!

I have been hoping for this for some time now. I second this.

But lets not be so modest with our goal. And let the sticky say that any donations you can get other people to make should count as well. And keep editing the "introduction" post daily to update a "top 10" or "top 50" list of contributers. If an admin administers the thread he can update the title as well daily so it shows the current total.

allyinoh
09-08-2007, 08:38 AM
I think people need to spend less time online and more time out in the "real world."

My husband and I are broke, completely broke, but we manage to give whatever we can.

I think you all have good ideas but I think the main thing is getting our butts out of the house and out into the world and really going around and getting his name out there.

constituent
09-08-2007, 08:41 AM
allyinoh-

we appreciate your sentiments, but i think you need to realize that most people
also have their butts out there in the real world.

many of us also work at our computers. so, it's not that big of a task to click over one tab on the browser, and it helps you stay sane. it is important to remember that people don't disappear when you, or they, turn the computer off...

encouraging words folks... that's what we need... encouraging words.

allyinoh
09-08-2007, 08:44 AM
True...

Maybe it's just me and my meetup group or whatnot but I want more action.

I go out and canvass areas in my town but it just doesn't seem like enough. I don't know.. lol..

But anyway, this thread is about donations and I try to do whatever I can. I've been working on about 3 people for about 5 months to donate, they support and will vote for RP but I just can't seem to get them to get motivated about donating.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 08:44 AM
I think people need to spend less time online and more time out in the "real world."

My husband and I are broke, completely broke, but we manage to give whatever we can.

I think you all have good ideas but I think the main thing is getting our butts out of the house and out into the world and really going around and getting his name out there.

I appriciate what you are saying. I know that many people feel like this...
(mainly because a comment like this is posted in nearly every thread) :D

But this thread is about the work we can do online, and an attempt to make our fundraising more effective, so let us try to go at it in good spirits, and get some constructive ideas and projects started.

Edit: Ah, i see that this post is a bit of an echo. Looks like my thread is in good hands. Take it away guys, i really have to go now.

constituent
09-08-2007, 08:46 AM
casual apathy... have you checked out the

SHOP FREEDOM thread i created earlier?

i didn't want to hijack your thread, but it
is related and located in the general discussion
forum.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 08:52 AM

forum.

Yes, I checked it out and bookmarked. I have been a little too preoccupied to really dive into it yet, but i will. It looks very good from what i saw. :)

Edit: Took another look. I urge others to do the same. This could potentially be huge if we put in the work required to promote the idea

Ok, im out. c ya later

Cindy
09-08-2007, 09:03 AM

Both ideas can fly at the same time. Not everyone here is broke and can be better motivated to give more dough by a growing donations post.

However, because many donate time that can not be touted in a top ten post, I would just keep a donations post to one that maintains a running total. I see it as being one large growing donation from ronpaulforums.com, NOT individuals.

Watching the time and money people donate to the cause becomes infectious, encouraging and inspiring. I love reading the stories of how people spent their days promoting Paul in the streets and I love seeing donation posts pop up.

Remember, HQ needs cash to run radio and TV ads that reach millions of people in just 30 seconds. They also need travelling cash to speak at rallies and conventions. HQ also needs mega cash in the bank to be taken seriously. Please do not begrudge anyone that can help HQ do this as well.

Please, everyone continue to share your on the ground stories. They really do encourage and inspire others to take to the streets as well. To match the first $50 I want to donate in the thread if/when one gets stickied, I also aim to get 50 fliers out today when I go run some errands later.

It's all good!:)

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 09:09 AM

forum.

Oh, one last thing....:D

Maybe you should coordinate the idea with Max's letter-idea

constituent
09-08-2007, 09:12 AM
there you go... it's kinda a build-off of an idea i had awhile back that i think
would eventually be the end of unions (just b/c i hate bureaucracy) and that
would be a non-profit that crunched the data on businesses looking to participate
and see if their labor pay and safety standards are up to snuff. if so, and depending on the degree to which they are holding up their end of the bargain, they would get varying degrees of approval...

then you collect donations from people and encourage them to only shop w/ those who have shown their dedication to paying a living salary...

collective bargaining w/out all the backroom dealings.

stevedasbach
09-08-2007, 11:01 AM
I donated another fifty today. I don't have it. So don't give me that excuse. We all need to donate whatever we can. Are we allowed to go door to door fundraising? Does anyone know?

Yes. You just need to make sure you fill out donor cards with the required FEC information. There is a limit on how much can be contributed as cash -- don't recall if it is $50 or $100.

inibo
09-08-2007, 11:40 AM
OMG!

I take it all back!

Let's not get too complacent. Here's a bit of incentive.

http://openqbl.org/preview/r.vs.f.jpg

And: http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22ron+paul%22%2C%22fred+thompson%22&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007-9&sort=0

Personally, I like a challenge.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 02:30 PM

And: http://www.google.com/trends?q=%22ron+paul%22%2C%22fred+thompson%22&ctab=0&geo=all&date=2007-9&sort=0

:eek:

I hate Fred... He makes us look like the fat girl in class.

Oh, and I'm back :)

I wont ever let this thread die :D

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 02:46 PM
In another thread RPFever just said:

I was reading the thread on fund raising so far and I decided to call in for a donation and see if I could get the general "feel" of what the donations are going like so far.

The young woman on the phone said the expectations are that he will raise "around the same" as last quarter!

This is shocking!

We need to start taking this seriously people!

bbachtung
09-08-2007, 03:29 PM
One approach that I take in Blue Oregon is to talk up Ron Paul with people I run into and work with. When they say, "But, I'm a Democrat," and they won't change their registration, I say, well, you could still give $20 to the Ron Paul campaign. I've gotten surprisingly good responses to this.

I'm not as concerned at getting them reregistered right now in Oregon because our primary is not until May 2008; money is more important to the campaign when it comes to Oregonians.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 05:57 PM
One approach that I take in Blue Oregon is to talk up Ron Paul with people I run into and work with. When they say, "But, I'm a Democrat," and they won't change their registration, I say, well, you could still give $20 to the Ron Paul campaign. I've gotten surprisingly good responses to this.

I'm not as concerned at getting them reregistered right now in Oregon because our primary is not until May 2008; money is more important to the campaign when it comes to Oregonians.

Thank you for the inspiration!

I agree, money is our number one priority right now, which is why everyone who is serious about this campaign should be posting in this thread.

speciallyblend
09-08-2007, 11:14 PM
will be donating mid month,just paid mortgage,enuff said,,,you peeps with extra money,give money to RON PAULS CAMPAIGN,peace

The Good Doctor
09-08-2007, 11:24 PM

This is encouraging. Since the debate on Wednesday traffic has increased significantly to the Ron Paul web site. Much moreso than the Rudy moment spike.

PS. I will be donating again this paycheck.

Thunderbolt
09-09-2007, 12:36 AM

Abobo
09-09-2007, 02:26 AM
As a website designer I wanted to add a quick note about Alexa web stats that has been linked to in this and other threads.

Alexa web statistics only monitors the web traffic of people who have the Alexa toolbar installed. I'm pretty sure this toolbar is by default installed into Internet Explorer -- the dominate web browser -- so it does give a sizable sample. But it is NOT by default found in browsers such as Opera and FireFox. Why is this important? Because alternative browsers are popular with hard core internet junkies and those worried about security. This demographic also tends to heavily support Ron Paul. This leads me to believe that Ron Paul's website is MORE popular than is being displayed by Alexa data.

My gut tells me that the supporters of other candidates tend to be less technologically inclined and so would be more likely to use a default installation of IE, over representing them in the sample.

So this is good news. Not only do we have a commanding lead, but it's probably larger than we realize.

Thunderbolt
09-09-2007, 02:36 AM

CasualApathy
09-09-2007, 02:40 AM

Alexa has just been updated again. We are now ahead of Fred!

If one of you skilled people could put up the graph previously posted, and the updated one for comparison, it would be great.

I think now is the best time for a big donation drive! We have some good suggestions in this thread already. If anyone is interested in working with me on this, please send me a PM.

austin356
09-09-2007, 03:01 AM
$2,000,000?

HAHAHAHA

A third of that will be raised this week alone:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events

Ron's new problem is that they cannot charge enough for events; $2,300 limits are just too damn low.

austin356
09-09-2007, 03:15 AM
How can Ron Paul's donors be "tapped out"?

His average donation was less than $50...... Think about that for a moment, the word "average" not median. If the median donation was $50 it is still possible for his "base of funders" to be "tapped out", but it is impossible for his donors to be tapped out, all other things being equal.

DjLoTi
09-09-2007, 03:44 AM
This link's better

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=www.ronpaul2008.com%2F&site1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnmccain.com%2F&site2=www.imwithfred.com&site3=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mikehuckabee.com%2F&site4=&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=7d&size=Medium&url=http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

CasualApathy
09-09-2007, 03:47 AM
How can Ron Paul's donors be "tapped out"?

His average donation was less than $50...... Think about that for a moment, the word "average" not median. If the median donation was $50 it is still possible for his "base of funders" to be "tapped out", but it is impossible for his donors to be tapped out, all other things being equal.

Well, I appriciate your optimism, however..

Several Ron Paul supporters have said the same thing independantly of eachother. Namely that donations so far for Q3 is about the same as Q2. I have posted some examples in this thread.
Now, I have no reason to believe that these people are lying, as they have been active in trying to help RP for a long time... Do you have any reason to distrust them?

If you read Ron Pauls last message to us, you will also see, that he is really asking us to step up the fundraising effort now;

"But the media, and everyone else, will be looking at fundraising totals at the end of this month. They'll judge us by how we do. And we need help to wage what we hope will be a full-scale, 50-state campaign. Please help me head into the next quarter fully armed to do battle for freedom, peace and prosperity. Make your most generous contribution https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/. This Revolution is on the move, but it very much needs your support.

Sincerely,

Ron"

The reason it is so important to cash in now, and not later, is that we need to make a statement with our Q3 numbers. That IS what Ron Paul is telling us. We should not hold anything back, but go all out on the offensive NOW to help give the good doctor the credibility he deserves.

If his Q3 numbers do not show a major improvement, then the media will have their excuse to marginalize him. Remember when our online revolution first made the news? THE main reason given by the talking-heads and reporters for dismissing it was his fundraising numbers. Also, ordinary people will have a hard time believing that he can actually win.

I do not mean to belittle the grassroots efforts, the grassroots are in fact our greatest strength. But we have not been able yet to organize an effective online platform for grassroots fundraising.

We need to understand that we have to fight this war both traditionally and untraditionally. Now, so far our "untraditional" tactics have been very effective, but if we do not take advantage of our momentum, and overlook the traditional campaign, then we can not win.

The more money Ron makes from now and untill the deadline, the better his chances. I do not see anyone argueing with this fact.

If this revolution can not turn into a major money-maker FAST, then Ron Paul will have an even harder time then he should, and we are not living up to our potential.

There SHOULD be a website dedicated to fundraising, and fundraising alone by now, but there isn't, and it is bugging the hell out of me...

Do we not have the skilled people here needed to set up such a site?

Is it not a worthwhile effort?

When are we going to come together on this and MAKE IT HAPPEN?

CasualApathy
09-09-2007, 03:52 AM
This link's better

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=www.ronpaul2008.com%2F&site1=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.johnmccain.com%2F&site2=www.imwithfred.com&site3=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mikehuckabee.com%2F&site4=&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=7d&size=Medium&url=http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

ImWithFred is no longer his main site, it is fred08 now.

Abobo
09-09-2007, 03:53 AM
There SHOULD be a website dedicated to fundraising, and fundraising alone by now, but there isn't, and it is bugging the hell out of me...

Do we not have the skilled people here needed to set up such a site?

Is it not a worthwhile effort?

When are we going to come together on this and MAKE IT HAPPEN?

I could make and host a website no problem, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a site dedicated to fund raising. What sort of information would it have?

CasualApathy
09-09-2007, 04:31 AM
I could make and host a website no problem, but I'm not exactly sure what you mean by a site dedicated to fund raising. What sort of information would it have?

Well, I certainly have some suggestions and idéas. The site i imagine would have to require some work to set up, but a good-looking site will also generate more money.

First off, the site should require people to register, for several reasons:

1) It will allow statistics and information on the activities of individual members.
2) It will allow the site to give credit to the members for their activities, something like "liberty points" perhaps, rewarded to people who donate and get others to donate.
3) It does in fact screen out some of the "Jokers".

The site should feature prominently on its front page a continiuosly updated total of money collected by members. "Q3 Grassroots funding raised so far: x.xxx.xxx$"

The site should feature a forum for discussion of fundraising ideas and initiatives.
This forum should be moderated to some extent so it doesn't turn into a general-discussion forum, or at least, it should be kept seperate.

The site could feature a weekly "hall of fame", where active members are praised for all the world to see.

Also i think a state by state competition amongst members could be useful to highten the competetiveness.

Some online games have a feature where the site allows you to send invitations out, and rewards you for every member you recruit, a similar system for donations would be brilliant, this way, people can never "max out" on liberty points.

The tricky part is how to make sure that fraud is not possible. I see some possebilities in using the conformation-numbers given by the ronpaul2008 site upon recieving a donation, however i am not sure that this could work.

I suggest we set up another thread on this issue; How can we best set up a fundraising site, and get everyones feedback on this

stevedasbach
09-09-2007, 04:53 AM
This link's better

That link uses the old Fred website. The new one is fred08.com.

CasualApathy
09-09-2007, 08:49 AM
The Grassroots Funding Website Debate Thread has been set up here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=16949