PDA

View Full Version : There will never be another Ron Paul

Nate K
11-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Has anyone gone back and watched some of his videos and speeches? Nobody will ever come close to the charisma and simple message of liberty that he brought. He is that once in a century kind of patriot - there will be others like him, but none will live up to his legacy.

He carried this movement on his shoulders.. now that his presidential bid is over the message is slowing. We need to make up for his loss (as a presidential candidate) and realize the impact he had.

Many say he was just a man who was delivering the message we all believe in. But we all know that's not true - Paul is unique, there's few like him.

ArrestPoliticians
11-06-2008, 12:40 AM
Has anyone gone back and watched some of his videos and speeches? Nobody will ever come close to the charisma and simple message of liberty that he brought. He is that once in a century kind of patriot - there will be others like him, but none will live up to his legacy.

He carried this movement on his shoulders.. now that his presidential bid is over the message is slowing. We need to make up for his loss (as a presidential candidate) and realize the impact he had.

Many say he was just a man who was delivering the message we all believe in. But we all know that's not true - Paul is unique, there's few like him.

He is an American hero. I consider myself lucky to live in a time where his work has flourished.

Nate K
11-06-2008, 12:45 AM
He is an American hero. I consider myself lucky to live in a time where his work has flourished.

Paul is the reason I changed my political beliefs, and because of that I learned to have an open mind, which made me learn many more things.

American hero for sure. He will be remembered as the spark that fed the great flames of freedom!

Grimnir Wotansvolk
11-06-2008, 12:53 AM
Ron Paul is a remnant of a dying world. Looking at all he's accomplished, he's the spitting image of greek and roman elite: the athleticism of a warrior and mind of a philosopher, with the added spin of being a shameless rebel at heart and a staunch peace advocate.

We have a lot to look up to, and a lot to lose if we fall off the tracks. The painful irony in all of this is what we ignore the legacy of a man who doesn't even want to be noticed at our own peril.

RonPaulwillWin
11-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Ron Paul is a remnant of a dying world. Looking at all he's accomplished, he's the spitting image of greek and roman elite: the athleticism of a warrior and mind of a philosopher, with the added spin of being a shameless rebel at heart and a staunch peace advocate.

We have a lot to look up to, and a lot to lose if we fall off the tracks. The painful irony in all of this is what we ignore the legacy of a man who doesn't even want to be noticed at our own peril.

Wow.

chiefsmurph
11-06-2008, 01:02 AM
We will have another ron paul. I love him as much as you guys do but he was missing a lot of key things. Mainly good speaking skills - thats a big one. The next libertarian Republican will fill his shoes and continue the revolution.

tpreitzel
11-06-2008, 01:43 AM
We will have another ron paul. I love him as much as you guys do but he was missing a lot of key things. Mainly good speaking skills - thats a big one. The next libertarian Republican will fill his shoes and continue the revolution.

x2

Knut Schreiber
11-06-2008, 05:42 AM
The next Ron Paul might already be someone in this movement. Many people have awaken and will continue to work for liberty and study the ideas of free markets for free people. A couple of them might develop into serious contenders. It will take hard work, time and patience, though. But what else can you do. Giving up is not an option.

FindLiberty
11-06-2008, 06:13 AM
the next ron paul might already be someone in this movement. Many people have awaken and will continue to work for liberty and study the ideas of free markets for free people. A couple of them might develop into serious contenders. It will take hard work, time and patience, though. But what else can you do. Giving up is not an option.

+2076

CJLauderdale4
11-06-2008, 06:24 AM
During the campaign, after going to rallies and debates in Florida, I felt like all of you do and remember saying to others there that:

WE ARE RON PAUL!

There were shirts saying, I AM RON PAUL. And that's what I take from all of this. It is now on ME, on US, to continue this endeavor. Wherever you are, right now. Continue your education, educate others, run for local office.....whatever it takes.

Think of all of the creativity that WAS the Ron Paul Revolution! Now that we know the truth, it is on US to continue this fight with all the resources we have.

Find your talents and abilities, and pool them through the Campaign to continue the revolution. This is what the Campaign For Liberty is about, and this is our new mandate.

Arklatex
11-06-2008, 06:58 AM
I think they'll be others. He made too many babies!

Conza88
11-06-2008, 07:10 AM
Ron Paul's a role model for millions world wide, who are now endeavoring to follow his example and take up the mantle to bring Liberty to the world.

Thousands will do their best to follow in his footsteps, not just in the US but around the globe. None will be a lone voice in the wilderness. To have stuck at it for 30 years is remarkable, absolutely outstanding.

He kick started the tide, he was the enigma the nwo did not plan for. He has woken up millions and just in the nick of time. We've got a fighting chance now, let's get it done.

jsu718
11-06-2008, 08:30 AM
The most spectacular thing about Ron Paul is his success. Nobody else in the country could have kept their seat in the House as long as he has without selling out to the party and to lobbyists. Even McCain has envied Ron Paul's ability to stick to his principles and still keep getting elected.

jacmicwag
11-06-2008, 08:49 AM
Yep - they don't make them like Ron anymore. Now that the media has finally started coming around to his side, we'll be hearing a lot more from him the next four years. Plus we have a chance to help rebuild the GOP when they are in desperate need of Ron's core principles.

mello
11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
The only one I can think of replacing Ron Paul is his son Rand.
He has the same ideals & principles of his father without the
burden of those damn newsletters to be used to marginalize
him.

hopeforamerica
11-06-2008, 08:54 AM
Never say never. I have high hopes for BJ Lawson and Rand Paul.

paulitics
11-06-2008, 09:28 AM
I'm thinking Rand, but does he have the fire in his belly like his father? Does he want to carry forth his father's legacy?

torchbearer
11-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Rand.

Mani
11-06-2008, 09:59 AM
During the campaign, after going to rallies and debates in Florida, I felt like all of you do and remember saying to others there that:

WE ARE RON PAUL!

There were shirts saying, I AM RON PAUL. And that's what I take from all of this. It is now on ME, on US, to continue this endeavor. Wherever you are, right now. Continue your education, educate others, run for local office.....whatever it takes.

Think of all of the creativity that WAS the Ron Paul Revolution! Now that we know the truth, it is on US to continue this fight with all the resources we have.

Find your talents and abilities, and pool them through the Campaign to continue the revolution. This is what the Campaign For Liberty is about, and this is our new mandate.

Exactly! Once we have learned the truth, it can't be forgotten, we've changed and now it's up to us and the Revolution to do something about it. WE are Ron Paul.

JohnJay
11-06-2008, 10:08 AM
The next Ron Paul might already be someone in this movement . . .

That is gonna be the legacy of this past campaign . . .
Several, if not many, others voting along with Dr. No on everything. I sense it is coming.

Xenophage
11-06-2008, 10:23 AM

I don't agree. Ron Paul isn't the messiah. He's awesome but there have been and will be others.

eskimoranger
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Of course there will never be another Ron Paul but that is beside the point.

If one really wants to express gratitude and respect towards Ron Paul and his work, the best way is to walk the talk.

The Revolution is not about Ron Paul and he himself has said it repeatedly. The Revolution is about you and the choices you make in your everyday life and the values you live by. RP is an exceptional man but simple admiration is not what he is aiming for.

Life is too short for idolatry. Instead, let's make things happen.. for and by ourselves.

Nate K
11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
this thread isn't idolatry. it's realizing how big he REALLY was and now that his race is over things are a lot harder.

eskimoranger
11-09-2008, 09:04 AM
this thread isn't idolatry. it's realizing how big he REALLY was and now that his race is over things are a lot harder.

Instead of looking down, look forward :)

rockandrollsouls
11-09-2008, 10:46 AM

I cannot say enough good things about Ron. Hopefully, some of us may be able to achieve a quarter of what he has in his lifetime!