PDA

View Full Version : How strange is this?

richiep
11-06-2008, 12:04 AM
I just read this on Huff Post about the way that Palin is now being torn up. Talk about being thrown under the bus!! OK, that wouldn't be strange but the video is from Fox News!!??

OK, so which is worse? That they knew this and didn't talk about it, or they they are just out to burn her for any number of reasons? Its just plain strange. Does anyone think she has any future at all in politics after this kind of thing?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/11/05/palin-didnt-know-africa-i_n_141653.html

WRellim
11-06-2008, 01:18 AM
McCain & his staffers trying to deflect blame.

Not really surprising... thing is that this will basically backfire on them all; I mean shouldn't they have investigated and "vetted" her a bit more?

Seriously, all this does is provide proof that both McCain and his staff are even DUMBER than Sarah Palin (and who'da thunk THAT was possible).

Gads, you know... as bad as Obama will be... one TINY bright side is that at least the guy can speak standard English -- no more Red-Neck Texan Bushisms; and in addition, we won't have to hear that phony "my friends" crap any more either. (Now please GOD, just lets hope the GOP sends Palin packing back to Alaska on the first plane out... don't know that I could endure much more of that "Valley Trash" lingo either.)

HenryKnoxFineBooks
11-06-2008, 01:42 AM
Neocons are gonna use Palin as the scapegoat for McCain going down in Flames. This way, they don't have to face the fact that their policies; Iraq War, etc, are unpopular with the American People.

It's a shell game, a diversion of attention.

slacker921
11-06-2008, 02:01 AM
She was picked specifically because she was so weak. They knew the press would go nuts attacking her, there would be a huge backlash from the "base" because the attacks would essentially be attacks against the fundamental beliefs of the "base", and the result would be the massive rally of support that McCain enjoyed right after she was selected.

HenryKnoxFineBooks is right - now she's just a diversion from the fact that the neoconservative agenda has been rejected.

moostraks
11-06-2008, 05:32 AM
Everyone loves an underdog. She spewed neo-con agenda from the few speeches I could tolerate listening to. I think they might be playing everyone on this issue to see where allegiancies are strongest. The Palin zombies defended her just as much as Obamabots and when you get a candidate being lovingly called by their first name then people have idealized her and are beyond rational decisions, imho.

WRellim
11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
She was picked specifically because she was so weak. They knew the press would go nuts attacking her, there would be a huge backlash from the "base" because the attacks would essentially be attacks against the fundamental beliefs of the "base", and the result would be the massive rally of support that McCain enjoyed right after she was selected.

HenryKnoxFineBooks is right - now she's just a diversion from the fact that the neoconservative agenda has been rejected.

I think you're overreaching there a bit.

I agree that she was picked because she was "weak" -- but in a different sense.

It is well known that McCain really wanted to have Joe Lieberman as his running mate... I think he was simply told "NO" by the RNC because they knew that THAT would result in a literal rebellion at the convention, the GOP was forced to swallow McCain, but even for the RNC flunky types there IS a limit... I mean running TWO Democrats on the GOP ticket is beyond the pale. {Plus it would have been the ticket of "TWO pasty old white men" -- not a good gamble versus a charismatic young Black Guy.}

McCain's OTHER possible choices (Romney, et al) all had their own "teams" and "factions" and would require him to compromise/share power... something McCain was absolutely ADAMANT that he did not want to do.

So I think they MAINLY chose Palin specifically because she did NOT really have a "team" in the normal political sense. She's a governer, but of a state with such a small population that politics are pretty "frontier-like" and rudimentary. She never really had to (or had the opportunity) to establish a coterie of politicos -- and so (it was thought) would not really present any power challenges to the McCain staff.

And so, Palin came with three "things" in her favor: 1) Most importantly she was a Woman... this to counter the Hillary "meme" and add a [purported] "minority" to counter Obama's ethnic appeal. 2) She was "young" offering a balance to McCain being "old" {and no they didn't think that through far enough}. 3) She was a State Governer (and therefore a "Washington Outsider"). 4) She was a virtual unknown to the press and they figured the media (and the "base") would simply gush over her "curb appeal" -- they were right about the GOP base, but wrong on the media.

But in the end I think it was mainly about POWER -- and the fact that Johnny McCain and his staff did NOT want to be upstaged by someone else's team on their ticket.

FrankRep
11-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Fox News is being hostile to Sarah Palin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fsr4Yb2ot-A

dannno
11-06-2008, 12:26 PM
http://www.hecklerspray.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/chris-crocker.jpg

"Leave Sarah Palin alone!!" TONES

j/k TONES ;)