PDA

View Full Version : Obama off to bad start, picks slavery proponent chief of staff

cindy25
11-05-2008, 11:36 PM
figured it was coming but still a big disappointment.

Rahm Emanuel is probably the most dangerous man in America.

BuddyRey
11-06-2008, 12:23 AM
Rahm Emanuel is probably the most dangerous man in America.

How so? I've only heard of him a few times.

dannno
11-06-2008, 12:34 AM
How so? I've only heard of him a few times.

:rolleyes:;)

BuddyRey
11-06-2008, 01:07 AM
:rolleyes:;)

What? I hardly even know who he is! I don't have time to keep up with every Democratic politico out there.

Mini-Me
11-06-2008, 01:13 AM
What? I hardly even know who he is! I don't have time to keep up with every Democratic politico out there.

I don't recall ever hearing about him before either, actually. He sounds like a real piece of work, though. From Wikipedia:

At this point of his political career he was known for his intensity. Notably, he reportedly told British Prime Minister Tony Blair, prior to Blair appearing in public with Clinton for the first time after the Lewinsky scandal, "This is important. Don't fuck it up."[8] Emanuel is said to have "mailed a rotting fish to a former coworker after the two parted ways."[7] On the night after the 1996 election, "Emanuel was so angry at the president's enemies that he stood up at a celebratory dinner with colleagues from the campaign, grabbed a steak knife and began rattling off a list of betrayers, shouting 'Dead! ... Dead! ... Dead!' and plunging the knife into the table after every name."[1] His "take-no-prisoners attitude" earned him the nickname "Rahm-bo".[7]

It reminds me of Al Capone from the Untouchables. "I want him DEAD! I want his family DEAD! I want his house BURNED TO THE GROUND! I want to go there in the middle of the night and I want to PISS ON HIS ASHES!" :eek:

cindy25
11-06-2008, 01:23 AM
this SOB wrote the American equililent to Mein Kumpf;

The Plan: Big Ideas for America

http://www.amazon.com/Plan-Big-Ideas-America/dp/1586484125/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=122595

in which among his many ideas is a return to slavery:

http://volokh.com/posts/1225908208.shtml

gls
11-06-2008, 01:33 AM
this SOB wrote the American equililent to Mein Kumpf;

The Plan: Big Ideas for America

in which among his many ideas is a return to slavery:

http://volokh.com/posts/1225908208.shtml

:eek:

We need a real Patriot Act that brings out the patriot in all of us by establishing for the first time an ethic of universal citizen service. All Americans between the ages of 18 and 25 should be asked to serve their country by going through three months of basic civil defense training and community service. This is not a draft, nor is it military. Young people will be trained not as soldiers, but simply as citizens who understand their responsibilities in the event of a natural disaster, an epidemic or a terrorist attack.

cindy25
11-06-2008, 01:41 AM
and even in Israel they consider him one of their own:
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1034635.html

Obama kick-starts transition, picks Israeli Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff
By Haaretz Staff and The Associated Press
Tags: Israel news, Rahm Emanuel

A day after winning an historic election to become the first black American president, Barack Obama on Wednesday stepped into the role of president-elect, inviting Rahm Emanuel (D-Ill) to join his administration as his White House chief of staff, Democratic officials.

If Emanuel accepts, which sources say he is likely to do, he will return to the White House where he served as a political and policy adviser to President Bill Clinton. Emanuel is the fourth-ranking Democrat in the House of Representatives as the Democratic Caucus Chair.

Emanuel is the son of a Jerusalem-born pediatrician who was a member of the Irgun (Etzel or IZL), a militant Zionist group that operated in Palestine between 1931 and 1948.
Advertisement
Several Democrats also said Massachusetts Sen. John Kerry, the party's 2004 presidential nominee, was actively seeking appointment as secretary of state in the new administration.

Two campaign officials said the appointment of a chief of staff was not expected for at least a day.

Instead, they said Obama would issue a written statement announcing that his transition team would be headed by John Podesta, who served as chief of staff under Clinton; Pete Rouse, who has been Obama's chief of staff in the Senate; and Valerie Jarrett, a friend of the president-elect and campaign adviser.

The officials who described the developments did so on condition of anonymity, saying they were not authorized to discuss events not yet announced.

On the day after Obama's election, several prominent Democrats described uncertainty about the extent to which lobbyists would be invited to work in the new administration. As a candidate, Obama frequently said lobbyists would not run his White House.

That left unclear whether they would be permitted to serve, and if so, in what posts and under what conditions.

The president-elect had breakfast with his wife and daughters, then left his house for a workout at a nearby gym. Aides said he intended to visit his campaign headquarters later in the day to thank his staff.

Obama has 10 weeks to build a new administration. But his status as an incumbent member of Congress presents issues unseen since 1960, when Democrat John F. Kennedy moved from the Senate to the White House.

The Senate is scheduled to hold a post-election session in two weeks, and Speaker Nancy Pelosi held a news conference Wednesday to reinforce her call for quick action on a bill to stimulate the economy.

That places Obama in uncharted territory - a president-elect, presumably first among equals among congressional Democrats. Yet his and their ability to enact legislation depends almost entirely until Inauguration Day on President George W. Bush's willingness to sign it.

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 11:13 AM
Lame Duck Congress is coming back?

Also, exactly how does Emanuel promote slavery by his idea of citizen preparedness?

Pennsylvania
11-06-2008, 11:17 AM
//

gls
11-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Agreed. Switzerland pursues a similar policy and hardly resembles a police state.

Umm...he wants to "ask" (require) all 18-25 year olds to undergo "three months of basic civil defense training and community service". Just because Switzerland does it doesn't mean it's not slavery.

Personally I am scared of the federal government and believe their army is plenty big without them needing to indoctrinate a huge new segment of society to follow orders (oppress the American people) in case of some manufactured "emergency".

Pennsylvania
11-06-2008, 11:25 AM
//

gls
11-06-2008, 11:28 AM
You are right: It is still a form of forced servitude. I meant to highlight that the policy does not necessaily lead to tyrannical results.

You're right that it won't "necessaily" lead to tyrannical results. It sure provides the opportunity, though.

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 11:37 AM
I don't know. It's not like a "chip" or some sort is required. It's not like conscription. It is just another govt. program. Nothing ominous that I can see. I personally think that something that SHOULD be required is extensive training/education in constitutional law by every child starting in the 1st grade. We need patriots now more than ever.

gls
11-06-2008, 11:49 AM
"It's not like conscription."

Yes, it is.

"personally think that something that SHOULD be required is extensive training/education in constitutional law by every child starting in the 1st grade."

You want government bureaucrats "educating" 7 year olds on "constitutional law"? I think the indoctrination is bad enough already.

cindy25
11-06-2008, 11:49 AM
3 months in a military boot camp is conscription

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 12:09 PM
It is voluntary.

LibertyBrews
11-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Sounds like a facist to me.

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 12:16 PM
"It's not like conscription."

Yes, it is.

"personally think that something that SHOULD be required is extensive training/education in constitutional law by every child starting in the 1st grade."

You want government bureaucrats "educating" 7 year olds on "constitutional law"? I think the indoctrination is bad enough already.

I pump my kids full of constitutional law at home. They sure as hell don't get that under NCLB. I think our whole problem is that Americans have forgotten what it means to be a Citizen. When our sovereignty was stripped away by the illegal 14th Amendment we kind of accepted it wimperingly. I haven't seen anybody in history come out so strong for us regaining our RIGHTS but for Ron Paul. He is the reason I am on the forum at all.

We have an education deficit. We need to get everyone educated, angry, determined, patriotic and willing to revolt against unconstitutional government. But we should shouldn't turn on leaders who vow to reverse bad policies of an outgoing president. We should vow ourselves to educate people about the legacy left to us by the Founders.

How is teaching the Constitution bad????

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a facist to me.

Say what?:confused:

SnappleLlama
11-06-2008, 12:23 PM
It is just another govt. program. Nothing ominous that I can see.

Please re-read what you just wrote. :eek:

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 12:31 PM
Was wondering if someone would get the humor. Boy, you guys sure are sensitive to "gubbment programs". Whew!

Still, you have to pick your battles. If I got fried over every largess the govt. provided, I'd be out of my friggin' skull. Let's stick to the biggies shall we? Habeas Corpus, Retroactive Immunity, you know, the deal-breakers...

gls
11-06-2008, 12:31 PM

Teaching the Constitution is bad when those doing the "teaching" heavily distort its true meaning. The people in charge do not want American citizens to understand the strict limits on power inherent in the document; that is antithetical to their neverending lust for control.

RonPaulNewbee
11-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Agreed. But we need to take it back. It's ours. Not the elites. It's ours. There's no negotiation over this, right?

cindy25
11-06-2008, 05:52 PM
conscription is the biggest deal breaker.

and its the one issue the public at least has a chance of understanding

Mini-Me
11-06-2008, 05:56 PM
conscription is the biggest deal breaker.

and its the one issue the public at least has a chance of understanding

I agree...that is indeed a dealbreaker. If they try something like that, I think they're going to be amazed at the coming tide of civil disobedience.

Doktor_Jeep
11-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Umm...he wants to "ask" (require) all 18-25 year olds to undergo "three months of basic civil defense training and community service". Just because Switzerland does it doesn't mean it's not slavery.

Personally I am scared of the federal government and believe their army is plenty big without them needing to indoctrinate a huge new segment of society to follow orders (oppress the American people) in case of some manufactured "emergency".

The true militia of the American States is not a government run organization and in fact the Constitution had to specifically give the government the permission to call it up.

So I can see where people think that because Switzerland does it, we could too.

But we all know how traps are set.

And keep in mind that Switzerland has the militia that it does because they keep the gold there (the gold owned by the globalists and the Vatican). That's why Switzerland has a well regulated militia and freedom too through decentralized government.

The slave states, like what they want ours to be, will never have that.

What you will see would amount to slavery - taking someones time for three months, indoctrinating them....

but will they come back with a machine gun and plastic explosives - such as what a militia member in Switzerland is issued?

So let's see, when the same people who would disarm us want to "militarize" us too, that smells like 20 tons of old fish.

Something about trees in the forest being at ease for they thought the ax was one of them...

satchelmcqueen
11-06-2008, 09:03 PM
I pump my kids full of constitutional law at home. They sure as hell don't get that under NCLB. I think our whole problem is that Americans have forgotten what it means to be a Citizen. When our sovereignty was stripped away by the illegal 14th Amendment we kind of accepted it wimperingly. I haven't seen anybody in history come out so strong for us regaining our RIGHTS but for Ron Paul. He is the reason I am on the forum at all.

We have an education deficit. We need to get everyone educated, angry, determined, patriotic and willing to revolt against unconstitutional government. But we should shouldn't turn on leaders who vow to reverse bad policies of an outgoing president. We should vow ourselves to educate people about the legacy left to us by the Founders.

depends on whos doing the teaching.

ChickenHawk
11-06-2008, 09:24 PM
It is voluntary.

Kinda like the income tax?

wd4freedom
11-06-2008, 09:55 PM
A couple of years ago I ran into this Rahm dude at ABQ airport waiting on a flight out of town. I had never heard of the guy other than he looked familiar- my guess is, he was out visiting his buddy Richardson.

I'm a pretty good read of people and just after a couple of minutes around this guy, I sensed an incredibly angry and egocentric man. The guy exuded evil like very few folks I have been around and this was just after a couple of minutes. I remember it vividly because it was such odd and peculiar behavior - almost surreal.

It should scare the hell out of everyone if this is the type of person essentially "running the country" for Obama. I fear this portends something ominous by this administration of "change".

RonPaulNewbee
11-07-2008, 01:40 AM
I want a dead-serious chief of staff. All those who claim Obama would be a push-over: meet Mr. Emanuel. What are you guys so on the defensive for? This is good news ... if you're not a Republican. Hehe.

Actually I'm a card-carrying Republican but I've always hated the property-first mentality. I'm more for human dignity now, human rights, people's rights, constitutional rights. Only the Democrats can protect them now. Times they are a changin'.

pacelli
11-07-2008, 03:01 AM
I want a dead-serious chief of staff. All those who claim Obama would be a push-over: meet Mr. Emanuel. What are you guys so on the defensive for? This is good news ... if you're not a Republican. Hehe.

Actually I'm a card-carrying Republican but I've always hated the property-first mentality. I'm more for human dignity now, human rights, people's rights, constitutional rights. Only the Democrats can protect them now. Times they are a changin'.

Then why is it that your first post on this forum was pro-Obama?

Ticket should be Obama - Paul. Get with it Paulites.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=125982&highlight=obama&page=2

I think *you* are the person playing defense here. You want a dead-serious chief of staff.. I wonder why that was said in this thread titled "Obama off to a bad start". Defending Obama's decision are you?

You can throw away your Republican card-- you aren't one now, if you ever were.

cindy25
11-07-2008, 07:24 PM
how can a promoter of slavery protect human rights?

CountryboyRonPaul
11-07-2008, 09:53 PM
His father, the Jerusalem-born Benjamin M. Emanuel, is a pediatrician and former member of the Irgun,[34] a radical Zionist paramilitary group

The Irgun was the armed expression of the nascent ideology of Revisionist Zionism founded by Ze'ev Jabotinsky. He expressed this ideology as "every Jew had the right to enter Palestine; only active retaliation would deter the Arabs and the British; only Jewish armed force would ensure the Jewish state".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rahm_Emanuel

And what a rosy family history on this guy eh?