PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching South Park right now?

rational thinker
11-05-2008, 09:02 PM
Watch it. Rerun later on tonight if you miss this one.

ronpaulforprez2008
11-05-2008, 10:02 PM
Do you mean?...

Preview
http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/207898/

Looks like feature video will be posted at the following web page AFTER the
show airs on TV:
http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/207897

BuddyRey
11-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Watch it. Rerun later on tonight if you miss this one.

What happened? Did they mention Ron Paul?

rational thinker
11-05-2008, 10:16 PM
What happened? Did they mention Ron Paul?

No, they just mocked the election last night.

Maverick
11-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I'm watching the rerun now. I came in about halfway through, so I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks like a spoof of Ocean's 11.

I think I see where they're going with this. The Obama and McCain supporters are starting to tear themselves up over the election, yet they don't see the 2 candidates have been working together the whole time.

Is that about right?

RSLudlum
11-05-2008, 11:13 PM
I'm watching the rerun now. I came in about halfway through, so I'm not sure what's going on, but it looks like a spoof of Ocean's 11.

I think I see where they're going with this. The Obama and McCain supporters are starting to tear themselves up over the election, yet they don't see the 2 candidates have been working together the whole time.

Is that about right?

Yeah, love the ending.

"Where's my pants, Where's my TV?, WHERE are my pants?"

"Dad, your boss called and said you're fired"

"Dammit, I thought Obama said things would change!! He lied! I knew I should've voted for McCain!!"

Pretty good episode, I got a few good laughs out of it. ;)

mport1
11-05-2008, 11:26 PM
Good episode. I wonder if they had this pre-made assuming Obama would win or made all of it today. They definitely had to wait for the acceptance and concession speeches.

UnReconstructed
11-05-2008, 11:57 PM
probably like they premake the hats and shirts before the end of the superbowl

Primbs
11-06-2008, 01:37 AM
We could use a little humor. It is funny.

Brian4Liberty
11-06-2008, 01:50 AM
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070112/070112_congress_climate_hmed_5a.hmedium.jpg
"The heist is on..."

Mini-Me
11-06-2008, 02:50 AM
That was pretty awesome. :D I'm guessing they premade most of the episode and waited until the speeches were over to add those bits in. After all, an Obama victory wasn't exactly hard to predict. ;) Then again, they might have even made a different version too, in case he somehow lost.

coyote_sprit
11-06-2008, 03:02 AM
Good episode. I wonder if they had this pre-made assuming Obama would win or made all of it today. They definitely had to wait for the acceptance and concession speeches.

The prescripted most of "Where's my Bush" but they though Gore would win.

moostraks
11-06-2008, 05:24 AM
http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070112/070112_congress_climate_hmed_5a.hmedium.jpg
"The heist is on..."

Would be bemusing (in an ironic sort of way) if we could find a similar pic for Barr and his screwing of the libertarian party. Ugh!!!

coyote_sprit
11-06-2008, 05:48 AM
Would be bemusing (in an ironic sort of way) if we could find a similar pic for Barr and his screwing of the libertarian party. Ugh!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/99/Bob_Barr_Denver_Convention_135.jpg/800px-Bob_Barr_Denver_Convention_135.jpg
The heist is always on when you are a shady car salesman. :P

devil21
11-06-2008, 02:57 PM
Great episode and I hope people watch it and "get it". Obama stealing the HOPE diamond with McCain's help.

ETA: There was a great spot that they could have put RP in. At the end when Obama jumps into the limo with McCain, they could have had RP run up shouting "He's stealing the Hope! Stop him!", while everyone around ignores him.

sailor
11-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I think South Park is getting poorer. It`s loosing its edge. Feels much more watered down.

Last episode was a good example. What was all that `oh maybe Obama won`t be so bad, lets give him a chance` crap towards the end all about? Are they for real?

gls
11-06-2008, 05:02 PM
I think South Park is getting poorer. It`s loosing its edge. Feels much more watered down.

Last episode was a good example. What was all that `oh maybe Obama won`t be so bad, lets give him a chance` crap towards the end all about? Are they for real?

From what I understand Trey Parker and Matt Stone claim to be libertarians but they certainly aren't principled about it.

Andrew-Austin
11-06-2008, 05:08 PM

I'm sure they will rip on him in future episodes. But yeah, it would have been kool of them to piss off as many Obama supporters as they could.