PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Fan?

JAHOGS
09-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Who knows....

if my drunk cousin is. I just got off the phone with him while he is in Auburn watching the South Florida game. He called me out of the blue(I guess drunk dialing) to talk about sports.

Some how sports turned into politics (guess it was the alcohol coming out).

Anyway, he is a republican turned democrat because he wants us to get out of IRAQ. He hates all democrats except for Joe Biden. He said he believes his point of views on how Biden wants to divide the country into sections, etc... Then he asked me again who is your guy. I told him RON PAUL.

His response was FREAKING RON PAUL (alcohol speaking again). He said "I was just in Iowa and man do they love Ron Paul there. Even the farmers love them some Ron Paul."

Then he wanted to know about his stances, so I told him just ask me what is an important issue to you and then I will tell you. He said the war. I went back to his support for Biden on Iraq and said Dr. Paul believes it should not be up to us to determine whether or not we should divide the country up, etc..... He wants us to come home and etc.... We all know where Dr. Paul stands on the war issue. He was very interested.

He then asked me about the border. I simply told him Ron Paul wants us to build the fence and let it be. Then he asked me what about the Canada border. I told him I am not for sure, but I went on to tell him that there is not 12 million Canadians here illegally and that there is no reason to keep them out. I then told him the Canadians already think they live in a better country so why would they want to live here. We both laughed and then the alcohol started talking about the Canadians.

I told him Dr. Paul is all about the free-market and he was like WOW!!!! I went on to give him examples about the housing market. Saying that the government should not bail out the housing industry. It is not the governments role to bail companies that made bad investments and that the market will settle itself out. He seemed very surprised.

I told him to call me and we would talk more about Paulitics when the alcohol wasn't around.

I wanted to say that there is a very strong knowing of Ron Paul but not a wide KNOWING of Ron Paul. It was great to hear what he said about Iowa and hopefully I can get another Ron Paul believer.

ctb619
09-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Hopefully he still likes RP when he sobers up.

JAHOGS
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
Hopefully he still likes RP when he sobers up.

I think he will, he seemed very interested. It wasn't the drunk when you don't remember, but the drunk you might say "Why did I do that" LOL

njandrewg
09-07-2007, 11:58 PM
call tomorrow and add to the war issue that Ron Paul wants to use some of the military to help guard the border

Lord Xar
09-08-2007, 12:02 AM
He wants to do alot more at the border than "build a fence and leave it"... you should read up on that... He wants to do alot more.

JAHOGS
09-08-2007, 12:06 AM
He wants to do alot more at the border than "build a fence and leave it"... you should read up on that... He wants to do alot more.

You got to understand who I was talking to. Someone that had been drinking I was just hitting the high note. Thanks for the info and I have read up on what Dr. Paul wants to do. I will elaborate more on what he wants to do when he is a little more sober. Just wanted to spread the message that people are seeing and hearing the name Ron Paul. The Iowa comment made me smile when he said what he said.

james1906
09-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I think he will, he seemed very interested. It wasn't the drunk when you don't remember, but the drunk you might say "Why did I do that" LOL

and hopefully he'll convert the random girl in his bed come morning.