PDA

View Full Version : So What Happens Now?

Sesshomaru
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
There are some bloggers and Republican Congressmen who are saying that the Republicans deserved to lose (I agree). The party now has to rebuild itself and determine where its going to go.

Is there a movement or effort on the Ron Paul crowd to get in on the discussion of rebuilding a Republican party? I think with many followers running for Congress, and the way many groups were able to penetrate party meetings during the primaries, perhaps now we can organize and become a voice to be heard at the reconstruction table.

Anyone have links, blogs, ideas or anything on this? Or is the Revoultion going on its own path?

angelatc
11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
I guess our official marching orders will come from the campaign for liberty.

TruthAtLast
11-05-2008, 08:05 PM
this is a good topic. What does CFL plan to do during the reconstruction of the party. Clearly that are still Republican don't seem too interested in building one of the third parties.

If this is the case, I'd hope the party can look at us as Conservatives and Liberty-minded Republicans rather than the stigma they have given us which is mostly radical libertarians or anarchists. I have nothing against those people and personal liberty brings all sides together, but if the goal is to retake the Republican party, then they need to believe and treat us as if we actually ARE Republicans.

From what we've seen during the primaries, that hasn't been the case. They didn't want our support or help and shunned us for not supporting McCain even when most of the time we told them that the reason we don't support him isn't because "our guy" didn't win but rather that McCain doesn't stand for anything that IS REPUBLICAN. But they didn't want to hear us. They wanted us to be good little sheep and tow the party line and support the status quo. They lost not because Obama WON, but because the party didn't give us anyone to believe in. You don't win elections by presenting a candidate and say "vote for our guy because he'll do less damage than the other guy".

Personally, I don't think they attribute this loss to their platform. They may make an even bigger mistake trying to move further left.

A. Havnes
11-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Very simply, we continue to share Ron Paul's message with people across the nation (and/or globe!), work to get like-minded people elected, use civil disobedience to prove to the establishment that we aren't livestock that can be pushed around, and prepare for a real Revolution if none of the above work.

Oh, and keep an eye on C4L, because I'm sure we'll be getting marching orders from time to time.