PDA

View Full Version : Check out my congressperson's page

SeanEdwards
11-05-2008, 06:11 PM
http://www.annaeshoo4congress.com/anna/

It's real interesting, in a horrifying train wreck kind of way. In particular I found this little tidbit to be really inspiring:

Wireless Internet Nationwide for Families Act
Co-sponsored by Congresswoman Eshoo, the WIN Act would foster the creation of a free, broadband Internet network for all Americans. If passed, it will cover at least 95% of the country and block access to obscene materials – allowing families to have safe, reliable Internet access no matter where they live. The WIN Act, says Eshoo, "will go a long way to providing universal broadband access."

By asking the Federal Communications Commission to auction off spectrum to build the network, the WIN Act also encourages American innovation and competition. "It is my hope," Eshoo notes, "that the bold conditions of requiring free, family friendly service will encourage the entry of a new kind of national broadband service provider."

The proposed wireless Internet network would put America at the forefront of the international broadband race and restore our competitiveness. It would also provide access to the more than 100 million Americans who are currently without broadband at home

Isn't that awesome? Anna Eshoo is going to be in charge of deciding what obscene content gets banished from the internet. I feel so much safer now. All warm and cozy, like I was tied up in a wool blanket.

And it's such a great idea! I don't see why we can't apply this philosophy to so many more areas! For instance, I have to drive an old beater car, because I'm too poor to buy a new one. To alleviate this injustice, I think Anna should sponsor a bill to provide American families with those Tesla Roadsters that are now available for around $120k each. After all, it's unfair that I have to see rich bastards driving nice cars when I drive a piece of shit. It's unamerican. I DESERVE a nice car, along with my new free broadband internet. Make it so, Anna!

ihsv
11-05-2008, 06:14 PM
Ummmm... if I want obscene content blocked, I can do it myself. In fact, I do it more efficiently than the government ever could.

angelatc
11-05-2008, 06:14 PM
http://www.annaeshoo4congress.com/anna/

It's real interesting, in a horrifying train wreck kind of way. In particular I found this little tidbit to be really inspiring:

Isn't that awesome? Anna Eshoo is going to be in charge of deciding what obscene content gets banished from the internet. I feel so much safer now. All warm and cozy, like I was tied up in a wool blanket.

And it's such a great idea! I don't see why we can't apply this philosophy to so many more areas! For instance, I have to drive an old beater car, because I'm too poor to buy a new one. To alleviate this injustice, I think Anna should sponsor a bill to provide American families with those Tesla Roadsters that are now available for around $120k each. After all, it's unfair that I have to see rich bastards driving nice cars when I drive a piece of shit. It's unamerican. I DESERVE a nice car, along with my new free broadband internet. Make it so, Anna!

AT least all those naked people won't be out there on the internet any more. It's best for the children, you know!

I drive a beater too. Or I did, but the transmission froze up. SO I asked Senator Levin to please bail me out, but he hasn't responded.