PDA

View Full Version : God help us...

wizardwatson
11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
You know, I've been enduring the Obamamania even moreso now that he's one and everyone who didn't want to talk about it can come out of the closet in blind admiration. From family, coworkers, etc. Trying to battle all this feel-goodery is like explaining to a first time drinker that it will wear off and they'll have a hang-over.

Anyway, I happened upon this blind, Obama-worshipping article over at Huff:

Return of the Jedi (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amb-marc-ginsberg/return-of-the-jedi_b_141245.html)

And from the article this wonderful tidbit:

Let the cynics sleep. Let them discount the magnitude of the moment. Let them deny the righteousness of the cause. It does not matter. They are small in mind, and do not deserve to share in it if they do not succumb to it.

I don't really think I can describe what I think of these kind of articles that just slobber all over themselves in ecstatic admiration of this man, so I'll just post some of the Obamamorons comments here.

It is a mandate of HOPE, not a democratic mandate.... we as a nation need to pull together and put the division behind us along the last 8 years of fear and villainy. It is a new dawn and I think that everyone is scared of fear and sick of loathing, it is time to build bridges to hope here in American and come together and not be separate but unequal any longer. The wicked witch is dead, long live dorothy and toto!

I keep hearing the last stanza of Genesis' Supper's Ready . . .

There's an angel standing in the sun
And he's crying in a loud voice, "This is the supper of the mighty ones,
Lord of Lords, King of Kings, has returned to lead his children home
To take them to the new Jerusalem."

We are now on mountain top and seeing the promised land!.

Spent the week worrying, weeping...what if it doesn't happen? As a Yankee transplant living in Georgia I was so overwhelmed by the patience and dignity of people waiting in lines for hours to vote early and even though Georgia is still one of those red states, I can tell you the hearts of MLK's Atlanta is true blue. Forgive me for babbling but I never thought I would feel this proud again. God bless, protect our new Obama ~ Biden administration, grant them strength and great wisdom. God Bless America.

What can you really say, except 'please pass me a barf bag'.

He's Jesus, Moses, Luke Skywalker, Dorothy, Neo all wrapped into one.

Mandrik
11-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Those comments are flat out scary.

I was talking to my dad today and he was happier than I've ever seen him in my life. He knows how I feel about politics, but he kept trying to tell me how much better off we are going to be now that the Dems and Obama are in charge. I said my peace--no change in foreign policy, monetary policy, etc--and left it at that. He's a stubborn man.

It was scary how bad Congress gave Bush the rubber stamp. It's going to be even scarier now that the Dems have full control of the House & Senate + the Presidency. All while these people look at Obama like he's Neo Christwalker. :(

tpreitzel
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Those comments are flat out scary.

I was talking to my dad today and he was happier than I've ever seen him in my life. He knows how I feel about politics, but he kept trying to tell me how much better off we are going to be now that the Dems and Obama are in charge. I said my peace--no change in foreign policy, monetary policy, etc--and left it at that. He's a stubborn man.

It was scary how bad Congress gave Bush the rubber stamp. It's going to be even scarier now that the Dems have full control of the House & Senate + the Presidency. All while these people look at Obama like he's Neo Christwalker. :(

I wonder if anyone has compared the style of communication used by A. Hitler and B. Obama? From crowd reactions, I think such a comparison should be done if it hasn't already. No, I'm NOT comparing A. Hitler to B. Obama in any sense other than potential similarities in communication with the masses.

vodalian
11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
We're in for scary times. I think this should motivate us to pick things up and spread our message as fast and as efficiently as possible.

Zera
11-05-2008, 04:56 PM
A lot of these people haven't had a president they could believe in in many years. Let them be happy, there's no need to criticize them for anything.

tonesforjonesbones
11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
They are delusional. They don't even know why they voted for him other than he is of color...tones

penguin
11-05-2008, 05:25 PM
You know, I've been enduring the Obamamania even moreso now that he's one and everyone who didn't want to talk about it can come out of the closet in blind admiration. From family, coworkers, etc. Trying to battle all this feel-goodery is like explaining to a first time drinker that it will wear off and they'll have a hang-over.

Anyway, I happened upon this blind, Obama-worshipping article over at Huff:

Return of the Jedi (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/amb-marc-ginsberg/return-of-the-jedi_b_141245.html)

And from the article this wonderful tidbit:

I don't really think I can describe what I think of these kind of articles that just slobber all over themselves in ecstatic admiration of this man, so I'll just post some of the Obamamorons comments here.

What can you really say, except 'please pass me a barf bag'.

He's Jesus, Moses, Luke Skywalker, Dorothy, Neo all wrapped into one.

Wait one year, then you can say would you like to join the Ron Paul revolution?

Magicman
11-05-2008, 05:26 PM
This is from the work of Alex Gray. Now all of his spiritual types are actively using this and blindly following Obama just because a spiritual guru said so. They are ignoring all politics and blindly following Obama and feeling he's going to fulfill a Mayan prophecy. A lot of his followers are promoting him.

REALLY BIZARRE!

Obama is hope for change.

The others are not.

When you listen to your heart you will understand this.

But when you are angry, negative, and sour you cut your self off from the truth.

As well as you create a negative parralel existence in which your worst fears are impeading your own personal progress.

Study quantum physics
study spirituality
learn to filter out truth from using intuition not media, propaganda, etc
Look at alex greys painitng i have as my defualt. It says it all . Obama is looking to work with the consciousness shift happening globally. The others are abbrasive and they lack the skills necesarry to lead us into a consciousness shift.

Vote for real change
Vote Obama

http://c2.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/49/l_8cd83f7e1a7646ba9d61b93de9ae35f5.jpg

AutoDas
11-05-2008, 06:58 PM
A lot of these people haven't had a president they could believe in in many years. Let them be happy, there's no need to criticize them for anything.

That's the problem. Why does he have to become President to inspire them?

ShowMeLiberty
11-05-2008, 07:08 PM

Neither have I. And I still don't.

And I will criticize them all I want for their foolish, dangerous choice.

Mani
11-05-2008, 07:26 PM
That was the worst star wars reference of all time. Why not just say, "I've got a bad feeling about this..." midway through it would have helped a little...

The death star has indeed been destroyed. Give me a break.

inibo
11-05-2008, 07:38 PM
Damn, I like Alex Grey's paintings. Now I just want to hurl.

zach
11-05-2008, 08:00 PM
Yeah, I like that artist's work.. but when he did that Obama painting, it turned me right off.
All the spiritual aspects of unity/oneness with the universe/etc is all well and good.. but him?!

He's not the fucking Christ, nor any figure close to a Christ, nor will he ever be.

To me, this is the new age movement gone horribly wrong. Barack Obama is the new religion - the new opiate of the masses. He's for world unity, he understands people, the world loves him, some bullshit, he wants to change with hope, some more bullshit, etc. Disagree with him? You're one of those people who doesn't get it and is blind to the truth. Sound familiar?

I apologize for rambling, but this is hitting a nerve, and I resent the politician who makes people swoon, cry, and faint over his mere presence.

rprprs
11-05-2008, 08:13 PM
...To me, this is the new age movement gone horribly wrong.

Thank you for that. That's it in a nutshell. I had been searching for some descriptive phrase like that. You hit the nail on the head.:)

inibo
11-05-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah, I like that artist's work.. but when he did that Obama painting, it turned me right off.
All the spiritual aspects of unity/oneness with the universe/etc is all well and good.. but him?!

He's not the fucking Christ, nor any figure close to a Christ, nor will he ever be.

To me, this is the new age movement gone horribly wrong. Barack Obama is the new religion - the new opiate of the masses. He's for world unity, he understands people, the world loves him, some bullshit, he wants to change with hope, some more bullshit, etc. Disagree with him? You're one of those people who doesn't get it and is blind to the truth. Sound familiar?

I apologize for rambling, but this is hitting a nerve, and I resent the politician who makes people swoon, cry, and faint over his mere presence.

Wow, someone else from West Virginia (I grew up in So. Charleston) who is familiar with Alex Grey? What a tiny world this is.

To the uninformed I might be mistaken as newageish in my spiritual outlook, though I'm actually pretty orthodox in my heart of hearts, but in all my study and experience of such things, politics and government would be the last place to look for a realized being. Humanity generally despises and rejects real avatars until long after they're gone and have been made safe by priestcraft and dogma. This is something from the Demiurge if anything other than just how we do politics these days.