View Full Version : America is Racist for Electing a Black Man

mediahasyou
11-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Well not America...But part of America:

96% of blacks voted for Obama.

Rationalize how that is not racist.

Xenophage
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
How does this correlate with the number of blacks that voted for Kerry? Predominately, African Americans are liberal. There are a LOT of reasons for this, but it isn't because black skin makes you want to tax and spend :P

Joe3113
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM

89% for Kerry in 2004.

Dr.3D
11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Predominately, African Americans are liberal.

So why is this the case?

hotbrownsauce
11-05-2008, 03:28 PM

I think one can argue that the purpose in voting for a black person is because to prove an end to racism and to be very symbolic. Blacks want to see if they can do it. I say congrats they've done it. But in future elections if voting is still based in this manner I think we have some mistakes and maybe some hints towards racial preference.

nbhadja
11-05-2008, 03:31 PM
So why is this the case?

Anyone who truthfully answers this question will be branded a "racist" instead of a realist. Reflects the sad state of society promoted ignorance we live in.

mediahasyou
11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
I think one can argue that the purpose in voting for a black person is because to prove an end to racism and to be very symbolic. Blacks want to see if they can do it. I say congrats they've done it. But in future elections if voting is still based in this manner I think we have some mistakes and maybe some hints towards racial preference.

racial preference = racism

(to clarify:))

muh_roads
11-05-2008, 03:41 PM
So why is this the case?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_oowl2yF5F1Q/SQXFuVQcF9I/AAAAAAAAEu8/GKMjgPwR90Q/s400/Spread+the+Wealth.bmp

Xenophage
11-05-2008, 03:43 PM
I don't believe there is any genetic predisposition toward philosophic ideology. There are socio-economic predispositions, however. I also believe there are predispositions in intellect... but I've met idiots with more common sense politically than some geniuses I know, so that doesn't account for much.

The00viper
11-05-2008, 03:50 PM
Along the lines of this topic...there was a riot on my campus last night in "celebration" of Obama's win. Police were called not only because things were being damaged, but people started chanting "no more whites." I don't know how many people there were as I was not there myself, but yes there is racism going on in this election.

Edit: Let me rephrase that... There is blatant racism going on in this election. Of course there's always going to be some racism.

A. Havnes
11-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Hmmm, I could answer your questions about why African-Americans are more liberal (and also why Obama is/was so appealing to them), but as nbhadja said, I'd be branded as racist.

Still, I'm going to touch on it. Firstly, I should throw in a disclaimer saying that not all black people think like this. I know plenty of black people who are quite conservative, and also plenty that despise the welfare state.

However, let's face it: black people (and minorities in general) like to be taken care of by the government. After the civil war, and especially after the civil rights movement, minorities want to be subsidized. You know how the song goes: "Oh the world owes me a living!" Unfortunately, there are way too many people who have this mentality. It's not only blacks, but you get the idea.

Now, white people aren't all that amazing either. White people do vote by race, and it should say something that a lot of white youth voted Obama. A black president would be different, and people like to think they're voting different. You can see the amazing intelect my generation displays!

dannno
11-05-2008, 05:01 PM
If you think that's racist, I heard 99.9% of white people voted for a white man for President in 1776-2004 (ya ya.. I know we didn't have an election in 1776 :p )

tonesforjonesbones
11-05-2008, 05:05 PM
The reason that black folks vote democrat is because the loons in the democrat party have brainwashed them to believe the GOP are for the rich and the democrats are for the poor. now, this is twisted logic since the republicans are for free markets and the pursuit of happiness , property, and the democrats are for locking people up in social programs. This is something we should work on in the black community...to re programme them to understand their best shot at being all they can be is NOT to be chained to social programs. Tones

kathy88
11-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I have NEVER heard the word racist so many times as I did in normal conversation today. He's not even black. Holy shit.

redsrule2500
11-05-2008, 05:29 PM
The reason that black folks vote democrat is because the loons in the democrat party have brainwashed them to believe the GOP are for the rich and the democrats are for the poor. now, this is twisted logic since the republicans are for free markets and the pursuit of happiness , property, and the democrats are for locking people up in social programs. This is something we should work on in the black community...to re programme them to understand their best shot at being all they can be is NOT to be chained to social programs. Tones

Couldn't agree more.

Ron Paul's "Government Sponsored Theft" speech is a great way to break the capitalist ideas down into an easy to understand methodology. I think we could get a lot of new voters based on something like that, if people would hear it.