PDA

View Full Version : They are learning... but can they remember?

NoPants
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Last night I was with some friends after work. It was still a couple hours before the first votes started coming in. A good friend from Arizona who supported McCain during the primary brought up the election. He and a couple other friends all expressed feeling kind of "dirty" after voting. They described it as if they could see no good outcome from this presidential election. The friend from Arizona looked right at me and said, "As I stood at the booth looking at my ballot, all I could think of was how much I wished I voted for Ron Paul in the primary." His comment gave me a warm feeling inside, as if some lesson had been learned that no amount of arguing or educating could accomplish. I can only hope that 4 years from now, he and the millions of others like him can remember that sinking feeling, but 4 years is a long time.

Xenophage
11-05-2008, 02:49 PM
Last night I was with some friends after work. It was still a couple hours before the first votes started coming in. A good friend from Arizona who supported McCain during the primary brought up the election. He and a couple other friends all expressed feeling kind of "dirty" after voting. They described it as if they could see no good outcome from this presidential election. The friend from Arizona looked right at me and said, "As I stood at the booth looking at my ballot, all I could think of was how much I wished I voted for Ron Paul in the primary." His comment gave me a warm feeling inside, as if some lesson had been learned that no amount of arguing or educating could accomplish. I can only hope that 4 years from now, he and the millions of others like him can remember that sinking feeling, but 4 years is a long time.

Americans have the shortest-term political memory of any society on earth. An Arabic country will remember being wronged fifty years ago, but we can't see past a year.

JK/SEA
11-05-2008, 02:54 PM
need a youtube of Ron Paul for 2012 ...SOON.

NoPants
11-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Americans have the shortest-term political memory of any society on earth. An Arabic country will remember being wronged fifty years ago, but we can't see past a year.

I know, 4 years is forever for this type of thing. And the media has less than a 6 month memory. I can hear the words now when I remind him during the 2011 primary, "Yeah, I know what I said, but this is different...", he'll reply as he votes for Romney or some yet to be named neocon.

NoPants
11-05-2008, 02:57 PM
need a youtube of Ron Paul for 2012 ...SOON.

Need a Gary Johnson YouTube! If he's serious about a 2012 run I'll be excited. Imagine if we could stack the primary with Ron Paul republicans. It's ok to dream.