PDA

View Full Version : Its Time For A Reality Check People

instep
11-05-2008, 02:04 PM
I’m deeply concerned with the direction our country is headed and I am even more concerned with the direction or lack thereof in the Ron Paul movement.
I’m a strong supporter of Ron Paul, I volunteered for him and helped make sure he got on the ballot in Virginia. Even though our numbers were small, we all had one goal in mind which was to help get Ron Paul elected and we all were committed to that goal. Our passion for an honest candidate that shared the values of our Founding Fathers is what drove us.

Now, one year later, I view this forum and I get the feeling that there is no sense of direction in this movement. We are bitching trivial things like Bob Barr snubbing Ron Paul and mulling over the defeat of our Liberty Candidates. We may have the Campaign for Liberty, but it’s a campaign for an idea or rather ideal that we are promoting. Education will only go so far, and as long as MSM controls the agenda and the political machine decides what the issues are and what candidates represent these issues then we are fighting a war for truth that will lead us into a brick wall, which is the Establishment.

Here are a few reality checks.

1. Face it. Unless we have billions of dollars to spend on a 3rd party will never be a viable party in our system. The mainstream media only think 2 parties in America exist and thus, the American people think only two parties exist. Plus, the system is biased against a 3rd party. Ron Paul said this himself. These political officials while corrupt and greedy are not stupid people. They have created laws and regulations for the benefit of the two party systems to prevent anything from arising.

2. The sad truth is that if American citizen does not question certain issues then that means they accept them as truths just as they and hopefully you accept the law of gravity. Talks of abolishing the Federal Reserve System, returning to the gold standard, and promoting 3rd parties will not get us anywhere with voters.

3. Politicians are playing “the game.” If their objective is to win a certain seat or position and lying or misleading will gain votes then they will continue to lie and mislead so long as it works. The only reason why politicians lie is because it works. You either accept that fact or you don’t. It’s not enough to say that certain politicians are not just either good or bad just because certain politicians lack principles. Here’s the problem with us Ron Paul supporters share: we are too too top heavy on principles. Think of it this way. Politicians that focus on doing whatever they can to win are too focused on the voter’s perception. There’s a point where the voters see past the BS. Politicians that focus strictly on being principled do not care what the voters think, but the result is the same. They are doomed to lose. Ron Paul just happens to be an exception. Instead, I think a balance must be achieved by Ron Paul candidates if they are to have any chance of success.

Principles ---------------X---------------Perception

4. If we want have any impact on our government then we have to start playing “the game” and it starts at a local level. It would great if we could elect a few Liberty Candidates to join Ron Paul, but has it occurred to any of you that maybe we are setting the bar too high? The reelection rate is 96% for Congress, and it didn’t change much this election either. Besides, do you really think a Libertarian candidate is going to get elected anytime soon? And how long have they been trying anyways?

Here’s The Good News:

The Republican Party more than ever is a state of disarray and disillusionment. Never in our history has the GOP been so vulnerable. Their base is shrinking and so is their power in America and its not like everyone woke up one day and decided to vote liberal either. The increasing liberal mentality is largely response the Bush, NeoCon control, but in a world where only two parties exist for the average American only two other options exist, either vote Democrat or not vote at all. I realize some of you have reservations about being part of the GOP for whatever reason or you want to continue to support the Libertarian Party, but the fact of the matter is that you are clinging to certain principles that will get your ideas nowhere.

I believe, if Obama and the Dem controlled Congress screw up our country even more, the people will swing to an anti-government mentality, and we have to do whatever we can (within reason) to position ourselves to be on the receiving end. Otherwise, it will be many more years of bitching and whining folks that will eventually dissipate into nothing.

I encourage others to post opposing views or other reality checks that they would like to share. Thank you.