PDA

View Full Version : Obama Setting Up Communications Portal With Constituents

dannno
11-05-2008, 01:31 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE4A45Q620081105

Next Treasury boss must be thrifty diplomat
Wed Nov 5, 2008 6:22am EST

By Emily Kaiser - Analysis

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - President-elect Barack Obama's Treasury secretary must be a regulator, diplomat, defender of the dollar and master of depleted coffers, all while figuring out how to escape a nasty recession.

The past 14 months of market turmoil have dramatically changed the job description, perhaps more so than at any time since William Woodin was appointed to Franklin Roosevelt's Cabinet during the Great Depression in 1933. He resigned after less than a year due to ill health and died in 1934.

Filling the top Treasury position will be among the first critical decisions that Obama will make, most likely very soon after Tuesday's presidential election.

I e-mailed Barack Obama to ask him to consider Ron Paul for Treasury secretary and received the following response:

Dear Friend,

Thank you for contacting Senator Obama and Obama for America. Barack greatly appreciates the outpouring of messages he is receiving from across the country and from Americans around the world. He is deeply honored by the confidence the American people have placed in him and in Senator Biden.

Senators Obama and Biden are hopeful about the opportunities and clear-eyed about the challenges our nation faces. They look forward to working with all Americans, regardless of who they voted for, in the great project of American renewal. Enlisting the energy and ingenuity of the American people is the only way we will create the changes that so many people want to see, so we hope you’ll be involved.

You have just contacted Obama for America, the Obama/Biden campaign organization. A new organization is being formed to facilitate communication with the Obama/Biden Administration that will take office on January 20, 2009. If you have questions, suggestions, or comments about the federal government, policy, or the coming Obama/Biden Administration, please stay tuned for more information and a new website coming soon that will tell you how to get involved.

If you’re contacting us because you’ve been energized by your participation in our grassroots movement, we hope you will remain active in your community and involved in national policy debates. Please continue to visit www.BarackObama.com regularly. We’ve built one of the most comprehensive nationwide organizing networks in history, and our victory on November 4th is only the beginning of the work we will do together.

If you have other thoughts or business with the campaign, you can continue to reach us toll free at 866-675-2008. Due to the extremely high number of messages we are currently receiving, we may be unable to respond to your message individually, but we do appreciate hearing from you and hope you’ll work with us as we build America’s future together.

Thank you again for contacting us.

Sincerely,
Obama for America

-----------------------
Paid for by Obama for America

It looks like it won't be up for a little while, so if you want to get your word in on the Treasury secretary position, e-mail info@barackobama.com

I know, I know.. this position will be chosen for him.. Ron Paul may not even accept if he were asked and Obama won't be able to choose Paul even if he wanted to. But there are many Obama supporters who really actually like Ron Paul, but saw Obama as the lesser of two evils. I know many of them have already e-mailed his campaign regarding this very issue, and you know most of the Obamabots don't even know what a the Presidential Cabinet even is, so I'd like to try to influence him as much as possible.

BenIsForRon
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
I agree. We should put pressure on the administration even if we disagree. Hopefully people will actually read these messages, though I'm doubtful.

AJ Antimony
11-05-2008, 03:00 PM
Pass whatever you're smoking this way!

dannno
11-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Pass whatever you're smoking this way!

:)

JohnJay
11-06-2008, 10:42 AM
http://www.reuters.com/article/newsOne/idUSTRE4A45Q620081105

I e-mailed Barack Obama to ask him to consider Ron Paul for Treasury secretary and received the following response:

It looks like it won't be up for a little while, so if you want to get your word in on the Treasury secretary position, e-mail info@barackobama.com

I know, I know.. this position will be chosen for him.. Ron Paul may not even accept if he were asked and Obama won't be able to choose Paul even if he wanted to. But there are many Obama supporters who really actually like Ron Paul, but saw Obama as the lesser of two evils. I know many of them have already e-mailed his campaign regarding this very issue, and you know most of the Obamabots don't even know what a the Presidential Cabinet even is, so I'd like to try to influence him as much as possible.

Nice work putting that bit of grassroots activism together - thanks for the idea and links.

Aratus
11-07-2008, 08:57 AM
my mid-morning coffee in system bump!

acptulsa
11-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Obama feels the need for a propaganda outlet? I thought he was already the darling of the biggest propaganda system the world has ever seen.

itshappening
11-07-2008, 09:38 AM
this is all lip service, he doesn't care. he will appoint some former head of a wall street firm as treasury secretary and continue bailouts