PDA

View Full Version : Share your 2008 election stories here

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Who your family members voted for, what they said...co-workers, friends, etc...any incidents you experienced, etc.

Cinderella
11-05-2008, 01:18 PM
all my family voted for mccain...i wrote in ron paul so i was one of the 450 people in mass who wrote him in

Cinderella
11-05-2008, 01:18 PM
no incidents besides me shouting ron paul on my way in to the voting place and on my way out

Kludge
11-05-2008, 01:19 PM
*shrug* I stayed home and slept through most of the day.

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 01:20 PM
all my family voted for mccain...i wrote in ron paul so i was one of the 450 people in mass who wrote him in

How did you know 450 wrote him in and not someone else?

What did your family say?

muh_roads
11-05-2008, 01:21 PM
Polling workers everywhere are reporting that blacks young and old were voting for the first time and they had no idea how to vote...they often asked..."Just show me how to vote for Obama".

So if you are wondering why Obama could have such a commanding lead in states while the dem senate races like MN are struggling, there is your answer. They didn't even care about the rest of the ballot.

rancher89
11-05-2008, 01:34 PM
My husband is a poll judge and I poll watched at a precinct other than my own.

Many of the dems were clueless about voting, one of the people running for a judge position was standing outside the polling place talking to people as they were going in. She was a very nice black lady and seemed to have a good rapport with most of the people she talked to. Unfortunately, an incredibly large number of those dems forgot to vote for anything other than Obama and the senate and house races. (Here in NC it goes like this: You vote for president, then as a straight ticket or pick and choose for the other races AND then vote individually for the judges AND then vote individually for the bond issues) What they did was to vote for Obama, hit the straight ticket and hit finish. She was so upset and I don't blame her.

I personally witnessed too many people asking for help throughout their voting experience, absolutely clueless.

I will say one good thing, a fair number of the dems are not happy with the present two party system and the candidates they have to choose from. Yes, they like Obama, but some of the other candidates on the ticket were, shall we say, less than stellar. But they voted them in---lots of straight ticket voting, which something I've never done, ever.

qh4dotcom
11-05-2008, 09:20 PM
Polling workers everywhere are reporting that blacks young and old were voting for the first time and they had no idea how to vote...they often asked..."Just show me how to vote for Obama".

So if you are wondering why Obama could have such a commanding lead in states while the dem senate races like MN are struggling, there is your answer. They didn't even care about the rest of the ballot.

Wow...but I am not surprised

Marshall
11-06-2008, 04:31 AM
I sat at home and drank heavily.

Conza88
11-06-2008, 04:42 AM

Complete and utter racists. :eek:

Volitzer
11-06-2008, 01:19 PM
I got a call from my niece yesterday and she was allowed to vote in her class, she's in the 6th grade, she called saying that she voted for McCain cuz her daddy did. I told her to get near a computer and go to http://knowbeforeyouvote.com , she did. I then told her can you see much difference between McCain and Obama. She replied "no." I then told her to look at Ron Paul's section. She replies okay. I told her that Chuck Baldwin stood for the same things Ron Paul did so I and my girlfriend voted for him. She's only 11.

:)

SnappleLlama
11-06-2008, 01:22 PM
I got a call from my niece yesterday and she was allowed to vote in her class, she's in the 6th grade, she called saying that she voted for McCain cuz her daddy did. I told her to get near a computer and go to http://knowbeforeyouvote.com , she did. I then told her can you see much difference between McCain and Obama. She replied "no." I then told her to look at Ron Paul's section. She replies okay. I told her that Chuck Baldwin stood for the same things Ron Paul did so I and my girlfriend voted for him. She's only 11.

:)

Your girlfriend's only eleven?

:confused:
;)

Kludge
11-06-2008, 09:04 PM
Your girlfriend's only eleven?

http://www.votemotion.com/images/emo5.gif

Hmm...........

Indeed.

torchbearer
11-06-2008, 09:06 PM