PDA

View Full Version : This election makes me want to join the GOP.

Spider-Man
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Does that make me a bad person?

Anyone else who didn't feel this way previously, feel this way now?

Apparition
11-05-2008, 12:40 PM
Yeah.
The GOP needs saving. They are lost and need our help.

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 12:41 PM
I think the GOP are too corrupt and unwilling to change.

Why not work on the libertarian party?

Spider-Man
11-05-2008, 12:42 PM
Why not work on the libertarian party?

Mainly because I'm a paleocon, not a libertarian.

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Mainly because I'm a paleocon, not a libertarian.

alright, what the hell is a paleocon? Why do people have to split up into little sub-groups as if they are microscopic germs in need of extra individual attention?

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 12:44 PM

Yes, you are a bad person for joining an establishment, anti-freedom clique. I forgive you though. It was probably beaten into you by teachers and family and peers. You will have many chances yet to repent. I hold out hope for ya.

Spider-Man
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM
alright, what the hell is a paleocon? Why do people have to split up into little sub-groups as if they are microscopic germs in need of extra individual attention?

I'm pro-life and pro-traditional marriage. The LP is full of people hostile to my views.

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 12:46 PM
Why do people have to split up into little sub-groups as if they are microscopic germs in need of extra individual attention?

Because agenda-driven types hijack the real meanings of words. :p For example, the left took the word "liberal" for themselves, even though the original meaning has nothing to do with their philosophy. :mad::(

HollyforRP
11-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Because agenda-driven types hijack the real meanings of words. :p For example, the left took the word "liberal" for themselves, even though the original meaning has nothing to do with their philosophy. :mad::(

Sue the bastards!

Spider-Man
Paleoconservative is a term that developed in academic writing. It has descriptive value. Rather than make sweeping attacks on descriptive terms, do some research.

heavenlyboy34
I'm pro-life and pro-traditional marriage. The LP is full of people hostile to my views.

No. We're hostile towards your views being established as laws when they conflict with principles of liberty. (in this case, I object to the state being involved in a religious institution such as marriage. This should be handled by those in the religion)

jcarcinogen
11-05-2008, 01:04 PM
No. We're hostile towards your views being established as laws when they conflict with principles of liberty. (in this case, I object to the state being involved in a religious institution such as marriage. This should be handled by those in the religion)

Exactly, there is a separation of Church and State and marriage is a religious ceremony. BTW not all Libertarians are "pro-choice" or whatever you call it, look at Ron Paul... it's a big tent. The system is biased against 3rd parties so go GOP want.

I just want my privacy, civil liberties, and less government.

luaPnoR
11-05-2008, 01:09 PM
Political parties are vehicles. Why try to build your own jalopy from parts at the junk yard when there's already a huge Cadillac sitting there and the current driver is drunk and passing out? We just need to get that drunkard out of the driver's seat and fire up the Liberty GPS.

DGambler
11-05-2008, 01:09 PM

Isn't a Paleocon federalist in nature as well?

I'm Pro-life and disagree with the LP on that point. When it comes to traditional marriage, I agree with that as well, but I am not going to let it get in the way of who I vote for.

Basically, my top 3 issues right now are 1.) Life, 2.) States Rights, and 3.) Abolish the Fed.

anotherone
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Personally, I think if you are "pro-traditional marriage," then you are showing yourself to be an interventionist. You therefore would be likely to think the USA should continue to have military bases around the world, and think we should interfere with the politics of other countries.

Short step, IOW, from paleo-con to neo-con.

dannno
11-05-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm down. In four years we'll all be regulars. It was weird this time around, going to those meetings, because the Ron Paul people were the "new" people.. the "sunshine Republicans", so to speak.

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Political parties are vehicles. Why try to build your own jalopy from parts at the junk yard when there's already a huge Cadillac sitting there and the current driver is drunk and passing out? We just need to get that drunkard out of the driver's seat and fire up the Liberty GPS.

Because you can build a hot rod from spare parts that kicks ass on the Cadillac! :D

georgiaboy
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Spider-Man, I think you're doing just what Ron Paul recommended.

muh_roads
11-05-2008, 01:17 PM

The life side I can maybe understand, but who gives a fuck whether bubba wants to stick his peter into...peter?

It's just rude. Fight the battle that the state should be left out of marriage, don't cherry pick by trying to deny someone else rights.

tpreitzel
11-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I'm already a member of the GOP. Unfortunately, the Libertarian party is so tainted as a bunch of wackos in the minds of the voters that the party's candidates will likely never be largely accepted by voters even with a massive educational program. For this reason, the MSM was constantly reminding its viewers that Ron Paul once ran for POTUS as a Libertarian in 1988 during his run for POTUS in 2008. We need to continue to apply both internal and external force to change the GOP.

Spider-Man
11-05-2008, 01:24 PM

This.

acptulsa
11-05-2008, 01:35 PM
Because you can build a hot rod from spare parts that kicks ass on the Cadillac! :D

How soon? Do you wrench faster than I do?

All the existing vehicle needs, really, is for someone to throw all that damnable baggage out of the trunk. That'll improve its performance considerably...

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 01:38 PM
This.

Bah, humbug. The 2 party religion is just a cult, says I. :p

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 01:40 PM
How soon? Do you wrench faster than I do?

All the existing vehicle needs, really, is for someone to throw all that damnable baggage out of the trunk. That'll improve its performance considerably...

You'd have to rewrite the platform from scratch, too. By that time, you could've done numerous things that are much more productive.

ARealConservative
11-05-2008, 01:56 PM

the CFL is based on the premise that you join the GOP and take it over.

This is what Ron Paul wants us to do......so do it.

Andrew-Austin
11-05-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm already a member of the GOP. Unfortunately, the Libertarian party is so tainted as a bunch of wackos in the minds of the voters that the party's candidates will likely never be largely accepted by voters even with a massive educational program. For this reason, the MSM was constantly reminding its viewers that Ron Paul once ran for POTUS as a Libertarian in 1988 during his run for POTUS in 2008. We need to continue to apply both internal and external force to change the GOP.

Is that really so? I mean in comparison to what, is the libertarian party's record/image bad? Any worse than the two main parties? Most people seem to just know nothing about the libertarian party...

tpreitzel
11-05-2008, 02:08 PM
Is that really so? I mean in comparison to what, is the libertarian party's record/image bad? Any worse than the two main parties? Most people seem to just know nothing about the libertarian party...

Yes, it is unfortunately. The MSM knows it which is why they used the tactic.

PaleoForPaul
11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Most Republicans are Paleoconservatives, they just don't realize it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paleoconservatism

Yes, there are some of them out there, if you haven't guessed by my name.

RickyJ
11-05-2008, 02:20 PM

What the heck?

How could this election make anyone want to join the GOP?

They ridiculed Ron Paul and put a guy up that would have lost to any Democrat with McCain. The GOP is not worth supporting. I am saying this as a life long Republican too. I am now supporting the Constitution party 100%. Yes they are small, but I can no longer be associated with Republicans, I have had quite enough of them.

robert4rp08
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
It's not about changing the party. It's about getting liberty-minded individuals into power. The Republican Party is organized, has money... it is a machine. Use them to spread the message.

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 02:42 PM
It's not about changing the party. It's about getting liberty-minded individuals into power. The Republican Party is organized, has money... it is a machine. Use them to spread the message.

If RP couldn't, it will be hard for anyone else who stays in the Matrix to do so.

Spider-Man
11-05-2008, 02:45 PM
What the heck?

How could this election make anyone want to join the GOP?

They ridiculed Ron Paul and put a guy up that would have lost to any Democrat with McCain. The GOP is not worth supporting. I am saying this as a life long Republican too. I am now supporting the Constitution party 100%. Yes they are small, but I can no longer be associated with Republicans, I have had quite enough of them.

Baldwin barely got more votes than Peroutka with the full weight of Ron Paul behind him. And he probably ended up with more because of a higher voter turnout overall. The CP has no national appeal, especially with their Fundamentalist party platform. The LP is for all intents and purposes moribund.

I was with you all the way up until the votes started rolling in. I voted for Baldwin.

As for the CFL, it was dead in the water before it ever sailed. Sorry if this hurts the feelings of those still unwilling to let go of the past, but the Ron Paul campaign is over.

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Baldwin barely got more votes than Peroutka with the full weight of Ron Paul behind him. And he probably ended up with more because of a higher voter turnout overall. The CP has no national appeal, especially with their Fundamentalist party platform. The LP is for all intents and purposes moribund.

I was with you all the way up until the votes started rolling in. I voted for Baldwin.

As for the CFL, it was dead in the water before it ever sailed. Sorry if this hurts the feelings of those still unwilling to let go of the past, but the Ron Paul campaign is over.

True. But as the old saying goes "better to vote for what you know is right in your heart than to sheepishly follow the crowd". (I forget where I heard that...lol)

klamath
11-05-2008, 03:14 PM
No you are not wrong. I am done with the .4 .5% parties. Even our members here bailed at the last minute to the big two. This was the first year I have ever stayed strong and and voted pure principals and watched many others on here bail around me. .4% on our best year ever. Ha HA HA!

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 03:25 PM
No you are not wrong. I am done with the .4 .5% parties. Even our members here bailed at the last minute to the big two. This was the first year I have ever stayed strong and and voted pure principals and watched many others on here bail around me. .4% on our best year ever. Ha HA HA!

I maintain that principles trump partisan BS. If you insist on associating yourself with statists, depart from me. May the yolk of tyrannical serfdom lay light upon your neck as you serve your masters like a sheep.

pcosmar
11-05-2008, 03:30 PM
It won't matter. the UN will have full control of what once was the US soon.
I wouldn't be too concerned about any more "elections".

heavenlyboy34
11-05-2008, 03:33 PM
How did you get your serial number (Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202) pcosmar? When I got my RP chip implanted, I just got a lollipop! :eek:

pcosmar
11-05-2008, 03:40 PM
How did you get your serial number (Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202) pcosmar? When I got my RP chip implanted, I just got a lollipop! :eek:

There was a registration site last year. It topped 12,000 last time I saw it. Don't know what the final count was.

Todd
11-05-2008, 03:54 PM

It was Paul's intention to redirect the party anyway. The best way to do this is to get involved. So no, you're not a bad person.
If you read the Republican platform...it hasn't been followed in some time.

Peace&Freedom
11-05-2008, 03:55 PM
I wish the save-the-GOP Paulites the best of fortunes, but doubt they can take over the party even if they captured 95% of the positons through the bottom-up process. The party is not controlled from the top, it is controlled by the bankers, corporations and similar elite bosses who mainly determine who gets appointed the top spots in both parties, who gets flooded with the bucks and media attention, and who get the friendly treatment from the rigged computerized voting systems.

We are up against the NWO, folks, the McCains are the middle managers at best. We need either a new revolution (in the full 'blood of patriots and tyrants' 1776 sense) to displace the current establishment, or a Constitutional convention (despite its inherent risks) to undo the massive damage that has already been done to the republic.

klamath
11-05-2008, 04:05 PM
I maintain that principles trump partisan BS. If you insist on associating yourself with statists, depart from me. May the yolk of tyrannical serfdom lay light upon your neck as you serve your masters like a sheep.

I will stick to my principals but I am done with the litmus test for perfection that will condeme me to a slave of statism for eterity with never a glimmer of hope.

.4% HA ha HA HA

SML
11-05-2008, 04:06 PM
By all means attend GOP meetings, etc. Try to steer it toward a reformed platform. They will be looking for a new direction (or, if you're cynical, a new brand) But don't sacrifice your ideals in the name of making "inroads." (*cough* *cough* certain national delegates.)

Primbs
11-06-2008, 02:16 AM
this is the best time to join the GOP. they will be looking for new people and new ideas to help them win in the future.

Matt Collins
11-09-2008, 08:02 PM
Why not work on the libertarian party?Because it's not viable in most states.

heavenlyboy34
11-09-2008, 08:08 PM
I will stick to my principals but I am done with the litmus test for perfection that will condeme me to a slave of statism for eterity with never a glimmer of hope.

.4% HA ha HA HA

You seek to flee serfdom by embracing a new slavemaster? Not very wise, IMHO. Your argument only works if the tentacles of TPTB had not wound themselves around the GOP and corrupted it beyond redemption. Since your argument to that end is demonstrably false (by a simple assessment of the power structure), I cannot accept what you say as valid.

Enjoy your serfdom!

Matt Collins
11-09-2008, 08:16 PM
A good friend of mine who is uninvolved in politics said the same thing about wanting to start getting involved.