PDA

View Full Version : anyone know how funding is going

philipsantamaria
09-07-2007, 10:35 PM
for the recent quarter? any rumors of donation totals? i'm very curious and excited to see the total. hopefully we can top last quarter.

billm317
09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
everything is purely speculation at this point... oct 15th is the date
it should be good though

disinter
09-07-2007, 10:41 PM
I talked to RP's fundraising director when RP was in Ft. Worth and it is not looking as positive as I had hoped....

All Ron Paul supporters need to DONATE!

ctb619
09-07-2007, 10:43 PM
I talked to RP's fundraising director when RP was in Ft. Worth and it is not looking as positive as I had hoped....

All Ron Paul supporters need to DONATE!

that's a little vague

Paulitician
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Is it known how much he made from the top 25 meetup groups in those couple of weeks? I'd very much like to know!

rich34
09-07-2007, 10:48 PM
I'm guessing it should be double of what he got in the 2nd quarter. I'm saying around 4 million. I don't think he's going to really start raking in the money until he starts spending the money on tv, radio, etc... Most people still don't know about him, but once they do and if they're as passionate as we are then he's going to rake in some big bucks. One thing we have to always remember is that the special interest are not funding his campaign. It's alot harder for him to raise the cash.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 10:48 PM
for the recent quarter? any rumors of donation totals? i'm very curious and excited to see the total. hopefully we can top last quarter.

We'd better do a lot better than that. The campaign has a lot more expenses than they did back then. They have more than tripled the staff and have moved into a MUCH larger, much more expensive, campaign headquarters. Not to mention, if we want to have a chance in hell, there has to be a lot of money in the bank to conduct a nationwide media campaign.

BLS
09-07-2007, 10:51 PM
From my ties to HQ, it's so far this Quarter, less than 2 million.

It's apparently ALOT less than last quarter.

My understanding is he hit alot of people after his bash with Guiliani, but his 'flame' has fizzled a bit.

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 10:53 PM
From my ties to HQ, it's so far this Quarter, less than 2 million.

It's apparently ALOT less than last quarter.

My understanding is he hit alot of people after his bash with Guiliani, but his 'flame' has fizzled a bit.

Hopefully that flame will pick back up now that he's had a go with Huckabee.

jj111
09-07-2007, 10:56 PM
I would be shocked if Ron's revenue in this quarter end up being less than last. I find any prediction of this hard to believe.

disinter
09-07-2007, 10:57 PM
I would be shocked if Ron's revenue in this quarter end up being less than last. I find any prediction of this hard to believe.

Better start donating...

0zzy
09-07-2007, 10:59 PM
wtf
lies.
ALL LIES!
YOU ALL LIE!
:[ It has to be much more than last Quarter! How could it not be?
SHittt.

Zydeco
09-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I doubt very seriously that his fundraising is less now than it was last quarter. Highly unlikely.

Paulitician
09-07-2007, 11:00 PM
I'm thinking you guys are purposely saying it's not been good so that you scare us in donating more... If that's the case it's working!

disinter
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
I doubt very seriously that his fundraising is less now than it was last quarter. Highly unlikely.

You would think. But it is true. I got it from the horse's mouth.

ctb619
09-07-2007, 11:01 PM
You would think. But it is true. I got it from the horse's mouth.

Who did you get the information from?

jj111
09-07-2007, 11:02 PM
Everybody who cares needs to donate as much as they can afford, past the hurting point. I am sure most here will before this campaign is over, if not already.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 11:03 PM
I don't think BLS would give us incorrect information.

njandrewg
09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
That 2 million is definetly bullshit.

You are going to tell me that they raised $200,000(Iowa big day + Texas big day) or 10% of their total over the course of 2 days?

Lets not forget another what at least $500,000 raised by meetup groups?

As far as people getting tapped out...I don't believe that for one second, most people only donated 100-200 bucks to the campaign...and I know myself I doubled my donation from Q1, and that seems to be the trend.

Also we have doubled the meetup members since Q1..all those people no doubt donated as well.

So there is absolutely no way they raised only 2 million up until now.

LibertyEagle
09-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Where are you getting that 500K number? I doubt it was anything near that amount.

Well, apparently there IS.

disinter
09-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Who did you get the information from?

RP's fundraising director: Jonathan Bydlak

BLS
09-07-2007, 11:09 PM
I'm just telling you guys what's been told to me.

And don't ask.

I know fundraising has been good lately with meetups, (although not as good as you might think...) and his Texas Straw Poll went EXTREMELY well, it's not as much as you might think.

If you have not donated the max 23, do what you can.
I've already posted mine months ago. I put in on my credit card.

I guess I figured I pay ALOT more than that in one year in Federal income taxes....call it a gamble if you will.

ctb619
09-07-2007, 11:10 PM
RP's fundraising director: Jonathan Bydlak

thanks

rjl
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
As far as people getting tapped out...I don't believe that for one second, most people only donated 100-200 bucks to the campaign...and I know myself I doubled my donation from Q1, and that seems to be the trend.

Also we have doubled the meetup members since Q1..all those people no doubt donated as well.

I've tripled my Q1 donations. So has my mom and several of my friends. This number better be higher than last quarter or I'll be pissed. I'll be especially pissed if that douche-bag Fred Thompson has more money this quarter than RP. The on-line support has grown exponentially, so let's see if it actually translates into $$$.

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
]

I guess I figured I pay ALOT more than that in one year in Federal income taxes....call it a gamble if you will.

I call it an investment.

Paulitician
09-07-2007, 11:12 PM
Hmm, sucky. I wonder if Huckabee has passed the million mark yet...

Richandler
09-07-2007, 11:14 PM
There still is a more than a month left in the quarter of donations. The two day california campaign will hopefully have a huge turn out. $500 for breakfast or lunch and the $2000 dinner will be a huge fund raiser. If only 10 people go to each part on each day that'll be at least $40,000. Hopefully tons more go.

We also need TV appearances again. Hit the Daily Show, Colbert, and Maher again. And we really need him on the late night talk shows as well PBS.
We need to orginize a boycott of MSM unless Ron Paul gets the same publicity as other candidates.

Lord Xar
09-07-2007, 11:14 PM
I don't know.. I am finding it hard to believe... why would a fundraiser director talk about something that is 'sorta private' and then have it posted here. If that is true, I am seriuosly bummed.. I have donated MORE this quarter... we need to start saying to people, donate!!!

BLS
09-07-2007, 11:18 PM
I call it an investment.

Well, I do too, but I just figured at the time it was more of a gamble.
I look at it the same way though.....If he wins, I'm getting my sh!t back, so no loss, but only gain.

For those who are worried...you should be.
Fred Thompson is going to run away with this. Watch FOX and listen.
Don't let the homer in you believe all is going to be OK.

NOW is the time to get motivated.

MozoVote
09-07-2007, 11:24 PM
Keep in mind the Fred Thompson factor. There may be a drop in all of the announced candidiates intake for a while.

Will be interesting to see Oct 15 if Hunter and Tancredo can stay in.

runningdiz
09-07-2007, 11:25 PM
If I was the director of fundrasing and people asked me how funding was going the last thing I would say is, "its going well". If people heard its going really well they would relax and not donate as much. If he says its going bad, than all of us who are concerned would donate more.

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 11:26 PM
I find it hard to believe too, but it's just my opinion, and I can't that back up. However, if anyone does have any inside information, I highly recommend that it not be discussed on a public forum that is likely perused by the enemy daily, if not more often.

Primbs
09-07-2007, 11:27 PM
We all have to host house parties or do a conference call fundraiser.

Ron Paul could really use ten or fifteen million because of all the compressed primaries.

BLS
09-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I will make a commitment right now.

I work 'on the side' doing PC repair for $75/hr.
It's not a HUGE business, but I get repairs from time to time.

I will donate everything I make from now until February to my BF on behalf of RP.
He hasn't maxed out.

Slugg
09-07-2007, 11:41 PM
Less than the last quarter? That's depressing! I donated 750 bucks last quarter (when I learned of Ron Paul in late June). This quarter my wife and I are just about maxed out 3,300....We skipped lunches, didn't buy the computer we had planned on buying, and rolled $250 in change that we had in a drawer. We will be donating the last 1k next week...and it's LESS than last quarter? Man, you might as well have kicked me in the balls. :(

I don't understand one bit how he could have gotten less than last quarter. He's had tons of fundraisers, many very successful. Last quarter I don't recall him having ANY fundraisers. I know of several people who donated this quarter who didn't donate last quarter. So, if we pull in less this quarter than last; we're in deep do-do.

I respect everyone on the boards, but I simply don't believe it. I'm sure you were told what you were told, but it doesn't make sense. :mad:

Oh well, if this was easy, it wouldn't be worth fighting for. Let's kick it up a notch. :D :cool: :D

Chernitsky
09-07-2007, 11:42 PM
It's pointless to worry about the current numbers. We still have over a month to boost his donations...

UCFGavin
09-07-2007, 11:44 PM
sorry, but i don't believe its lower than last quarter. however, i do believe we need to step it up...as much as we possibly can.

ronpaulyourmom
09-07-2007, 11:48 PM
I donated this quarter and not last quarter, and I'm just getting started.

Slugg
09-07-2007, 11:50 PM
It's pointless to worry about the current numbers. We still have over a month to boost his donations...

No, you have 3 weeks. It ends at the end of the month. But we have over a month before the FEC releases the actual numbers......

Lord Xar
09-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Whatever happened to that thread that was like ...

I will donate a $1000 if 1000 other people donate? Its a pledge... right? I am on that one.. what happened..

john_anderson_ii
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
I work 'on the side' doing PC repair for $75/hr.
It's not a HUGE business, but I get repairs from time to time.

That's a great idea. I run a small open source project that merges the GRSecurity kernel patches in with Xen, so the Xen hypervisor can use GRSecurity features. I know a few poeple, and even some businesses use these patches. A lot of OSS projects ask for donations to support development. I'm just completing work on the latest version of my patch set, and I'm going to request that people donate to Ron Paul's campaign if they use the patches.

amonasro
09-07-2007, 11:59 PM
Now that the campaign accepts Paypal, I'm going to start selling stuff on ebay... old cell phones, electronics, collectibles, sports cards, clothes, whatever. I used to pick up designer clothes at discount stores and resell them for profit, now I will resell for Ron Paul :D

If you have an ebay account, wait for them to have a 10 cent listing day and go wild. If you don't, get one and sell everything except your children.

Mani
09-07-2007, 11:59 PM
I think we are doing better than last quarter (personal opinion), but not by much and the momentum isn't where it should be.

We all need to kick it into high gear these last 3 weeks.

We've all been donating, and we've all been active, but now we have to bleed a little and it's going to hurt but we have to really start kicking up the donations. I know some of you are working towards maxing out, but a lot of us aren't close, we have to pushing his total up one way or another.

Start small, even a $5,$10,$20 donation helps, but for those on a tight budget we have to get creative, use ebay or do something, but we need to bring up RP's totals, and we need to do it FAST!

Sept 30th will be here in NO TIME!

john_anderson_ii
09-08-2007, 12:01 AM
We've all been donating, and we've all been active, but now we have to bleed a little and it's going to hurt but we have to really start kicking up the donations. I know some of you are working towards maxing out, but a lot of us aren't close, we have to pushing his total up one way or another.

We need to do this, but in the end it's unsustainable. We also have to get the word out, find more donors, talk to people, get them to open their minds and their bank accounts.

Mani
09-08-2007, 12:04 AM
We need to do this, but in the end it's unsustainable. We also have to get the word out, find more donors, talk to people, get them to open their minds and their bank accounts.

Of course, we also have to grow the base! Votes get him the nomination!

Money helps advertising which helps name recognition which helps get votes.

Growing the base helps get new supporters which leads to new money and new votes.

Paul4Prez
09-08-2007, 01:07 AM
A few reasons why the third quarter should be well ahead of the second:

1. He's been having high dollar fundraisers at all the rallies -- Iowa, Texas, South Carolina, Pennsylvania, etc. These started in the third quarter.

2. His birthday was a big donation day.

3. The Meetup contest was a big donation two weeks.

4. This week's debate was a big donation day, judging by the results of the first four debates, and the fact that three times as many people watched this one and Ron Paul was on fire.

That being said, we still need to give as much as we possibly can by the end of September. The third quarter fundraising reports are one of the few remaining opportunities for a big boost in publicity and credibility. Ron Paul needs to finish ahead of all the second tier candidates.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 01:44 AM
4. This week's debate was a big donation day, judging by the results of the first four debates, and the fact that three times as many people watched this one and Ron Paul was on fire.

I disagree. Go to alexa.com, and check the traffic for Ron Pauls website.

See the tall spike after the Rudy-moment? See whats missing after this recent debate?

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronpaul2008.c om%2F

Lord Xar
09-08-2007, 01:49 AM

See the tall spike after the Rudy-moment? See whats missing after this recent debate?

http://alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ronpaul2008.c om%2F

well, that shows UP to the 5th... that is still a few days behind... that is not an updated view. You can also see that the site is UP in percentages. Traffic is still very good, and climbing.

Also, Obama is ALL OVER MSM and he has HUGE NUMBERS OF MONIES GENERATED yet -- he doesn't have the traffic as Ron Paul - so that is NOT a barometer for success.

Chester Copperpot
09-08-2007, 01:52 AM

i dont see it missing anything

Primbs
09-08-2007, 02:06 AM
One commercial costs thirty to fifty thousand in the Los Angeles TV market. All these states are have primaries within weeks of each other. Florida is huge state that Rudy is targeting.

I am sure Ron Paul ads will be more effective than Rudy and Romney and Thompson, but we need a certain amount of money just to get the name ID up for Ron Paul.

It can be done, it will just take work.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-08-2007, 02:56 AM
that's bull.. I remember when Ron Paul raised $75,000 in one day and it wasn't even for a fundraising event lol

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 03:04 AM
Folks, two people have told us they got it straight from the horse's mouth. One of them is BLS, who has been around here for quite awhile. Face it. It's the truth. The fundraising numbers are down. Now, we have to figure out what we can do about it.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 03:06 AM
One commercial costs thirty to fifty thousand in the Los Angeles TV market. All these states are have primaries within weeks of each other. Florida is huge state that Rudy is targeting.

I am sure Ron Paul ads will be more effective than Rudy and Romney and Thompson, but we need a certain amount of money just to get the name ID up for Ron Paul.

It can be done, it will just take work.

We could actually do a lot, if we only would.

Start going door-to-door handing real people campaign literature. Going to every gun show, stand outside every concert, every place where people congregate and hand them all campaign literature.

Are we willing to do what it will take to win?

Lord Xar
09-08-2007, 03:14 AM
We could actually do a lot, if we only would.

Start going door-to-door handing real people campaign literature. Going to every gun show, stand outside every concert, every place where people congregate and hand them all campaign literature.

Are we willing to do what it will take to win?

I think this is the ticket.

Everyone Else has Money...

We have passion.....

We do have to actually start handing out flyers, do the things we have not done, as a huge collective. Some of us here are prolific in their promotions - handing out flyers and such, we all have to start anteing up ..... That is something I have to do too.. do the foot to ground.

LibertyEagle is right, we have to campaign FOR the campaign --

Thunderbolt
09-08-2007, 03:31 AM

agisthos
09-08-2007, 03:37 AM

The stats just hadn't been updated yet. Have a look at the traffic spike now, bigger than ever before.

katao
09-08-2007, 03:41 AM
I'm seeing strong growth in new meetup group members. In our group, I personally contact each one and stress how important donating and asking for donations are.

It sure would be nice if a message was emailed to every new meetup member similar to the guide that gets posted here for new members (which stresses how important money is to the campaign). I'm sure it's been discussed -is that possible?

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 04:05 AM

I will donate a $1000 if 1000 other people donate? Its a pledge... right? I am on that one.. what happened..

I would imagine that it failed. Wasn't he looking for 10,000 people? It was a pledge designed to fail.

john_anderson_ii
09-08-2007, 04:08 AM
Can we go door to door soliciting?

Yes

Thunderbolt
09-08-2007, 04:11 AM

wgadget
09-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Looking at the alexa stats, if you look at the very right hand side of the graph, there is a HUGE spike up around the time of the debate. It's just hard to see since it's almost off the edge.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 06:20 AM
Looking at the alexa stats, if you look at the very right hand side of the graph, there is a HUGE spike up around the time of the debate. It's just hard to see since it's almost off the edge.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=ronpaul2008.com&site1=imwithfred.com&site2=mittromney.com&site3=hillaryclinton.com&site4=barackobama.com&y=r&z=3&h=400&w=700&range=7d&size=Large&url=ronpaul2008.com

or look here. Huckabee and McCain are still zeros.
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details?site0=ronpaul2008.com&site1=imwithfred.com&site2=mittromney.com&site3=mikehuckabee.com&site4=johnmccain.com&y=r&z=3&h=400&w=700&range=7d&size=Large&url=ronpaul2008.com

BW4Paul
09-08-2007, 06:26 AM
Can we go door to door soliciting?

NO! Door to door soliciting is a bad idea. You don't want people's first experiences with RP to consist of being asked to open their wallets. :eek:

Better idea: door to door spreading the word about Dr. Paul and inviting interested parties to Meetup Groups. Then, once people start showing up to events and getting excited, you start encouraging them to donate. :D

beermotor
09-08-2007, 06:52 AM
I've tripled my Q1 donations. So has my mom and several of my friends. This number better be higher than last quarter or I'll be pissed. I'll be especially pissed if that douche-bag Fred Thompson has more money this quarter than RP. The on-line support has grown exponentially, so let's see if it actually translates into $$$.

Yeah, I doubled as well - I think these guys are just trying to sow disinformation. INFOWARZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz...

Obviously, with the hope of making out better than expected.

CasualApathy
09-08-2007, 07:00 AM
Yeah, I doubled as well - I think these guys are just trying to sow disinformation. INFOWARZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzz...

Obviously, with the hope of making out better than expected.

Disinfo comes in many forms. How about people saying "everything is going great! we are winning" just to put us to sleep so we wont live up to our potential?

We need to make a statement with the Q3 numbers.

Dont want to listen to me? listen to Ron Paul:

"But the media, and everyone else, will be looking at fundraising totals at the end of this month. They'll judge us by how we do. And we need help to wage what we hope will be a full-scale, 50-state campaign. Please help me head into the next quarter fully armed to do battle for freedom, peace and prosperity. Make your most generous contribution https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/. This Revolution is on the move, but it very much needs your support.

Sincerely,

Ron"

constituent
09-08-2007, 09:16 AM
bump

misconstrued
09-08-2007, 09:32 AM
Website Traffic: Ron Paul vs. Fred Thompson vs. Mitt Romney vs. Barack Obama vs. Hillary Clinton
http://snipurl.com/1qgmq

Ron Paul has been leading everyone the last month except for Fred Thompson whose numbers are high now because he just officially kicked off his site/campaign. They will fall...

Also it's worth noting that the huge spike in traffic Ron Paul received in May after the debate will be almost impossible to match because going from a rank of about 100,000 to a rank of around 30,000 is quite easy, but then it starts getting a lot more competitive and more difficult to spike in the higher levels. That said Ron Paul's current ranking is 10,226! That's phenomenal and a HUGE spike in traffic since the last debate.

Also, Ron Paul's site is fairly bare bones. It's really just a few pages with links to other sites. Even the official news/blog is hosted elsewhere on a 3rd party site. Whereas the other candidates keep everything they can on their domains (e.g. News Archives, Forums, etc). This will only further inflate their traffic ranking.

Geronimo
09-08-2007, 09:59 AM
After reading this letter that RP released yesterday (http://blog.ronpaul2008.com/ron_paul_2008/2007/09/message-from-ro.html), I kind of got the feeling that he was hinting about funds being low'. Especially in the last paragraph.

But the media, and everyone else, will be looking at fundraising totals at the end of this month. They'll judge us by how we do. And we need help to wage what we hope will be a full-scale, 50-state campaign. Please help me head into the next quarter fully armed to do battle for freedom, peace and prosperity. Make your most generous contribution https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/. This Revolution is on the move, but it very much needs your support.

Sincerely,

Ron

Why doesn't Ross Perot help a brother out?

misconstrued
09-08-2007, 10:23 AM
I'll do another $500 in a week.

Hook
09-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Just don't put your finances in jeapordy. I think that we are doing better than the campaign lets on. They were really angry last time when the word leaked out that they made $5 million. They want to keep everybody's expectations low so that
a) It makes people donate more and
b) People will be pleasantly suprised rather than dissapointed.

MsDoodahs
09-08-2007, 10:44 AM
I maxxed out my donation last quarter.

My mom will be donating the max for this quarter.

danda
09-08-2007, 11:20 AM

The problem with it is that the goal is way, WAY to high. The pledge is for 10,000 people to donate $1000 (once 10000 have taken the pledge). Last I checked it was somewhere around 250 people that had taken the pledge.

I would think it far more realistic and attainable to make the same pledge for $1000 by 100 people, or even 50 people. Then, when that one has been achieved, make another one, and so on.

Otherwise, many/most people will feel that that they are never obligated to pay, even though they took the pledge.

Just my $.02 based on a minimal understanding of human psychology and S.M.A.R.T. goal setting.

abstrusezincate
09-08-2007, 11:25 AM
You should do what Philadelphia did for the Meetup Competition to drive out pledges. A donor would agree to give $500 if 5 people gave $100 each. By doing things like this, you can easily amplify your highest donors, who are giving anyway, by helping the lower donors have incentive to give and participate.

stevedasbach
09-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Fundraising is up this quarter, based on the information BLS provided. Last quarter RP raised $2.4 million. BLS indicated that RP had raised about $2 million this quarter at the end of August. There is virtually no way for the total for this quarter to be less than $3 million.

Of course, it needs to be a lot more. I'm maxed out, but my wife isn't. She will be by the end of the month. One of my sons is a big RP fan and he can afford to donate signigficantly -- I'll be asking him this afternoon.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 12:12 PM
All I have to say to you folks is, remember last quarter when everybody was SO SURE that he had $5 million, even $10 million or more?

Even if he ends up the quarter with 2.5 million, that is WAY too little. We're supposed to be moving UP, not staying stagnant. His campaign expenses have gone through the roof since last quarter. How on earth do we think a nationwide campaign can be fought, much less an advertising campaign launched, with such a pittance? It's chump change for a Presidential campaign.

skilt
09-08-2007, 12:43 PM
Everyone needs to do what they can. Yes we should encourge each other, family, friends to donate. Yes he needs the money to move forward, but 3q reports will only matter to the MSM, who by the way are not driving this campaign - we are. MSM will condescend to him because they are the establishment and he is not the establishment. Will he have 15 million in the bank, no. I hazard to predict that if you take all the man/woman hours, materials and active campaigning by us, that no other candidate would come close in real dollars being able to pay for what we've been able along with the official campaign to accomplish. No one. Mccain blew through 20 million, where's he right now - going down like the titanic. Romney - hell he didn't raise any money, he "loaned" it to him self. Giuliani - he can raise 100million - still won't win.

SO, give what you can money wise, but I predict and emphaticly believe, by the sweat of our brows, we will move this forward. This is a labor of inflammed passion that money cannot buy. Just ask Romney, McCain, and the Court jester(Giuliani).

Sk

Brian
09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
After reading this thread I emptied out all of the change bowls in my house and car, ran over to the grocery store and entertained myself with the coinstar machine for a total of $75.46 to the national campaign. :)

In memory of my cat S.K. whom was hit last week by one of my jerk neighbors and left to die in the street in front of my house while I was away on business, I donate another $100 in her name. She was a freedom lover and like Buddy, a Ron Paul fan as well. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Brian Hodge,

Thank you very much for your donation of $175.46 to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

Thanks for being a part of the campaign!

Cowlesy
09-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Everyone who is maxed out, just remember that maxing out is really $4,600 a person, and $9,200 a couple. Even though the second leg of the total is restricted to the general election, Congressman Paul will be in it -- so there is no harm and getting those funds in the bank for him.

mport1
09-08-2007, 01:26 PM
Everybody should try to at least match what they gave last quarter.

LibertyEagle
09-08-2007, 01:33 PM
In memory of my cat S.K. whom was hit last week by one of my jerk neighbors and left to die in the street in front of my house while I was away on business, I donate another $100 in her name. She was a freedom lover and like Buddy, a Ron Paul fan as well. :(

-

Oh man, Brian. I am so sorry about your cat. :(

quickmike
09-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Just don't put your finances in jeapordy. I think that we are doing better than the campaign lets on. They were really angry last time when the word leaked out that they made $5 million. They want to keep everybody's expectations low so that
a) It makes people donate more and
b) People will be pleasantly suprised rather than dissapointed.

I agree completely. Even if the numbers were actually really good, do you think anyone in his right mind would admit to something like that right in the middle of a donation push? All that would do is make people say "whew!!! im glad the donations are kicking up, because now I can go out and buy that new ps3 I wanted. More people are donating so I guess I really dont have to give as much now"

That being the case, we will never really know until the numbers come out.

JUST KEEP DONATING!!!!!

5 bucks, 10 bucks............ doesnt matter. Just do it.
Get out there and hand out flyers door to door with a friend. If you fees stupid doing that, get over it. It needs to be done :cool:

quickmike
09-08-2007, 02:03 PM
oops double post