PDA

View Full Version : Double Flat Tariff Only Amendment

sratiug
11-05-2008, 11:42 AM
Please join me and others that have expressed their support for the following or a similar constitutional amendment.

Double Flat Tariff Only Amendment

1. All internal federal taxes and fees shall be replaced within a period of 11 years of ratification of this amendment by a flat across the board tariff applied equally to all goods and to all product sources. The tariff shall be set at the beginning of each year at a percentage sufficient to raise an amount of money equal to all projected federal government expenditures forecasted by the Congressional Budget Office for that year.

2. One year from ratification of this amendment a 10 year phaze in process will be enacted whereby each year the percentage of projected federal government expenditures raised by the tariff shall be 1 divided by the number of years remaining of the ten. For each of these same ten years all internal taxes and fees shall be reduced across the board by a percentage that will eliminate an equal amount of federal revenue.

All internal taxes inhibit free trade and subsidize foreign corporations, workers, and production because foreignors do not pay them. The double flat tariff simply eliminates subsidation of foreign workers, products and corporations, thus insuring free trade. So free traders should all support this amendment or something very similar.

sratiug
06-26-2009, 11:30 AM
End the economic subversion of America by abolishing internal federal taxes. Establish truely free trade for Americans. Bump for freedom from corporate influence in government.

erowe1
06-26-2009, 11:39 AM
Please join me and others that have expressed their support for the following or a similar constitutional amendment.

Join you in supporting this in what way?

Elwar
06-26-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking that at this point...any alternative tax will only give TPTB the idea that we would accept that additional tax in some sick sort of win win situation in their minds.

Brian4Liberty
06-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I agree with replacing all current taxes with a flat, across the board, no loopholes tariff.

sratiug
06-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Join you in supporting this in what way?

By bumping this thread and persuading our fellow patriots here that this is the correct course to follow to further the cause of liberty... thanks!

jkm1864
06-27-2009, 09:11 PM
I am taxed so much that I only keep 39 cents on every dollar. I am not even counting sales taxes or other taxes just income taxes and the taxes my employer pays for me such as unemployment & social security. So I do agree with the fact that We need a flat sales tax but it needs to go farther. The reason We are loosing freedom is because the beast is so large. We need to starve the beast down to a reasonable level.