PDA

View Full Version : Congressmen with 70% or better RP rating. Who lost, who won?

klamath
11-05-2008, 10:38 AM
These are congressmen nationwide that voted 70% or better with RP (RP gets a 100% in this scorecard) How did they fair?. If you have any info please post it here. I could look them all up but I do have to work sometimes.

I will highlight the names in red if they won and blue if they lost.

Franks AZ
Shadegg AZ
Flake AZ

Royce CA
Rohrabacher CACampbell CA
Hunter CA

Larnborn CO

Miller FL
Stearns FL
Mica FL
Weldon FL
Feeney FL

Westmoreland GA
Price GA
Linder GA
Deal GA
Broun GA
Gingrey GA

Sali ID

Burton IN

Scalise LA

Bachmann MN

Akin MO

Garrett NJ

Jordan OH

Barrett SC

Duncan TN

Poe TX
Johnson TX
Culberson TX
Paul TX
Burgess TX
Sessions TX

Bishop UT

Good VA
Cantor VA

McMorris Rodgers WA

Sensenbrenner WI

Cubin WY

By the way there is not one democrat on this list.

klamath
11-05-2008, 11:01 AM
bump

tmosley
11-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Of course Paul won.

klamath
11-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Of course Paul won.

I forgot I put Paul on the list:o:o:o

fr33domfightr
11-05-2008, 12:52 PM
Cambell CA

You mean, Campbell, right? He voted for the bailout!

FF

wreed
11-05-2008, 12:57 PM
Don't go looking in Alabama for any, I don't think there are any. But Aderholt and Rogers won their seats, Bachus and Davis kept there and a Democrat won the open seat.

klamath
11-05-2008, 01:27 PM
Cambell CA

You mean, Campbell, right? He voted for the bailout!

FF
Thanks for the catch on the typo.

He may have voted for the bailout but his overall record is better than 70%. Obvious the bailout wasn't a big factor as a hell of a lot more Democrats voted for it than repuplicans and it was a big night for them! I am glad that the voters of Campbell's district didn't punish a 70% man and replace him with a 20% guy.

CUnknown
11-05-2008, 01:56 PM
Can you indicate with a * those who voted against the bailout and those who voted at least 80% or 85% of the time with Ron Paul? I'm not sure 70% is a good enough benchmark.

fr33domfightr
11-05-2008, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the catch on the typo.

He may have voted for the bailout but his overall record is better than 70%. Obvious the bailout wasn't a big factor as a hell of a lot more Democrats voted for it than repuplicans and it was a big night for them! I am glad that the voters of Campbell's district didn't punish a 70% man and replace him with a 20% guy.

Our meetups were trying to get rid of him. Better to have the Libertarian, than him. Even the CFL created slim jims with his name on it, railing against the bailout.

FF

Printo
11-05-2008, 02:10 PM
IM not too sure of Steve Chabot (Ohio's 1st aka Cincinnati) record compared to Paul, but he lost a squeaker against Democrat Steve Driehaus. I know for one that Chabot did vote against the bail out both times.

Enano1983
11-05-2008, 02:47 PM
Robert Bishop (UT) won at 65%
http://www.electionresults.utah.gov/xmlData/30010.html

klamath
11-05-2008, 02:55 PM
Can you indicate with a * those who voted against the bailout and those who voted at least 80% or 85% of the time with Ron Paul? I'm not sure 70% is a good enough benchmark.

Unfortunately I believe there is only one congressman that gets above 80% besides Paul and that is Duncan from tn.
Here is the link to the report card.
http://www.thenewamerican.com/files/Freedom_Index_110-4.pdf

klamath
11-05-2008, 03:01 PM
Robert Bishop (UT) won at 65%
http://www.electionresults.utah.gov/xmlData/30010.html

Thanks. Put him in red.

Dorfsmith
11-05-2008, 04:59 PM
Shadegg
Franks
Flake

All re-elected in AZ.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2008/11/04/20081104elect-azcongress-online.html

klamath
11-05-2008, 05:02 PM
Shadegg
Franks
Flake

All re-elected in AZ.

http://www.azcentral.com/community/tempe/articles/2008/11/04/20081104elect-azcongress-online.html

Thanks.

ShannonOBrien
11-05-2008, 05:09 PM
This is difficult because some issues are more important than others. For example, someone might vote with Ron Paul 70% of the time but have voted for the bailout, patriot act and Iraq war. Maybe it would be better to have weighted the issues.

klamath
11-05-2008, 05:29 PM
This is difficult because some issues are more important than others. For example, someone might vote with Ron Paul 70% of the time but have voted for the bailout, patriot act and Iraq war. Maybe it would be better to have weighted the issues.

That is very true but the trouble is every single person puts a different weight on each issue. The is the best we can objectively do. For an example you might consider a vote on drug use holds more weight that 50 votes for good fiscal policy or antiwar votes but I might not.

Shotdown1027
11-05-2008, 06:57 PM
Rohrabacher won (for all you anarcho-capitalists, this man used to be one of you)

Tancredo's retiring.

Shotdown1027
11-05-2008, 07:04 PM
Also, Scalise, Duncan, and Goode all won (though Goode is barely ahead,there may be a recount).

Shotdown1027
11-05-2008, 07:05 PM
You know what? I'll look 'em all up later, I wanna know.

klamath
11-05-2008, 07:09 PM
You know what? I'll look 'em all up later, I wanna know.
Hey, thanks!

tggroo7
11-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Jim Jordan of Ohio's 4th district (just south of mine, the 5th district) won easily. He has a RP rating of 75%. He's fiscally conservative but not very constitutional (except with guns).

According to http://www.ontheissues.org/OH/Jim_Jordan.htm
- Strongly Favors Absolute right to gun ownership
- Co-sponsored banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC
- Strongly Opposes More federal funding for health coverage
- Strongly Opposes Replace coal & oil with alternatives
- Opposes Make taxes more progressive
- Voted NO on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013
- Voted NO on additional $10.2B for federal education & HHS projects.
- Voted against the bailout both times
- Co-sponsored permanently banning state & local taxation of Internet access (who the hell would vote against that?)

but he's bad on Foreign Policy and "Homeland Security":
- Voted YES on retroactive immunity for telecoms' warrantless surveillance
- Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad
- Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations
- Co-sponsored keeping sanctions against Syria until WMDs are dismantled (this one hurts :( )
- NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days
- NO on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq
- He's one of the 283 co-sponsors of H.Con.Res 362 (the one that basically recklessly threatens Iran)

He's new so he didn't vote on the PATRIOT Act but he'd definitely be for it :(

He's better than most, but far from Ron Paul. 74% is about accurate

klamath
11-05-2008, 08:01 PM
Jim Jordan of Ohio's 4th district (just south of mine, the 5th district) won easily. He has a RP rating of 75%. He's fiscally conservative but not very constitutional (except with guns).

According to http://www.ontheissues.org/OH/Jim_Jordan.htm
- Strongly Favors Absolute right to gun ownership
- Co-sponsored banning gun registration & trigger lock law in Washington DC
- Strongly Opposes More federal funding for health coverage
- Strongly Opposes Replace coal & oil with alternatives
- Opposes Make taxes more progressive
- Voted NO on $9.7B for Amtrak improvements and operation thru 2013
- Voted NO on additional $10.2B for federal education & HHS projects.
- Voted against the bailout both times
- Co-sponsored permanently banning state & local taxation of Internet access (who the hell would vote against that?)

but he's bad on Foreign Policy and "Homeland Security":
- Voted YES on retroactive immunity for telecoms' warrantless surveillance
- Voted NO on requiring FISA warrants for wiretaps in US, but not abroad
- Voted NO on Veto override: Congressional oversight of CIA interrogations
- Co-sponsored keeping sanctions against Syria until WMDs are dismantled (this one hurts :( )
- NO on redeploying US troops out of Iraq starting in 90 days
- NO on investigating Bush impeachment for lying about Iraq
- He's one of the 283 co-sponsors of H.Con.Res 362 (the one that basically recklessly threatens Iran)

He's new so he didn't vote on the PATRIOT Act but he'd definitely be for it :(

He's better than most, but far from Ron Paul. 74% is about accurate

Missed him. Yes unfortunately the interventionist side kills a lot of good ones. Seems like he is a party boy so maybe now since it is Obamas war he will vote against it.:rolleyes:

TruthAtLast
11-05-2008, 08:34 PM
Rohrabacher won (for all you anarcho-capitalists, this man used to be one of you)

Tancredo's retiring.

Rohrabacher is my Congressman. At least he voted against the bailout. :D

(then again, I'm sure his office also got tired of getting emails and calls from me every day for a couple weeks) ;)

Shotdown1027
11-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Rohrabacher used to be an anarcho-capitalist of the Rothbardian-variety. He got into Congress on Charles Koch's money.