PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul is "hot media property"

kunzang
09-07-2007, 10:16 PM
Here is a clip from a recent article posted on freemarketnews.com:

But the CNN debate is not the only media offer on the table. “Ron Paul is a hot media property right now,” says another source close to the campaign. “The campaign is fielding up to 50 media requests a day for Ron Paul – from local, regional and national media, including both liberal and conservative talk show hosts and program producers who would love to him on to speak on the Iraq war and other issues around which he’s defined his campaign.”

This source said that Ron Paul may be due a large profile in a Chicago paper, can appear on FoxTV in various forums and has his pick of regional and national radio “talk shows” on which to appear.

jj111
09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
You had better believe that Ron Paul is hot right now. Orange to red hot.

Zydeco
09-07-2007, 10:19 PM

That can melt steel, right?

james1906
09-07-2007, 10:20 PM

http://www.dhs.gov/xinfoshare/programs/Copy_of_press_release_0046.shtm

I love color codes!

AlexAmore
09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
That can melt steel, right?

No, it's not hot enough. There has to be explosives!

jj111
09-07-2007, 10:26 PM
Newly revised color code system

http://www.geekandproud.net/terror/

max
09-07-2007, 10:30 PM
No, it's not hot enough. There has to be explosives!

are u suggesting that a jet fuel fire is not sufficient to cause at 1/4 mile high building to "pancake" within it's own footprint at the speed of free falll while pulverizing itself?

jj111
09-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Okay let's get back on topic. Ron Paul is on the record on his views on this issue, so let's drop that topic please or move it to hot topics.

max
09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
Okay let's get back on topic. Ron Paul is on the record on his views on this issue, so let's drop that topic please or move it to hot topics.

glad to see the anti 9/11 truther thought police are on the beat...

heaven forbid a little truth and reason about the defining event of this century should be permitted to leak on these forums

born2drv
09-07-2007, 10:36 PM
This is exactly why I think RP should not attend the debate in florida if none of the top tier boys show up..... he needs to use this as an opportunity to break through to the top tier, he needs to use this opportunity to go on every national MSM show possible that will promise to give him at least a couple minutes of uninterrupted time to speak.... if he does this he'll be 7-10% in the national polls within a few weeks easily and can only go up from there.

max
09-07-2007, 10:38 PM
This is exactly why I think RP should not attend the debate in florida if none of the top tier boys show up..... he needs to use this as an opportunity to break through to the top tier, he needs to use this opportunity to go on every national MSM show possible that will promise to give him at least a couple minutes of uninterrupted time to speak.... if he does this he'll be 7-10% in the national polls within a few weeks easily and can only go up from there.

I'd like to see him run a few national TV ads during prime time to get the name recognition up....he can count on us to replenish his funds...not to mention that the ads would bring in new recruits...

billm317
09-07-2007, 10:40 PM

heaven forbid a little truth and reason about the defining event of this century should be permitted to leak on these forums

bah, don't make it more than it is
ron paul doesn't support that stuff and this forum is titled "ron paul news & discussion"

not to mention it's a very controversial topic

Hook
09-07-2007, 10:42 PM

It is just something that a lot of people here don't agree with. Anyway they provide the hot topic forum for it, so it's not like they are kicking you out or anything.

AlexAmore
09-07-2007, 10:44 PM
I was totally joking (I know it's an offtopic subject). I was simply playing off what the previous poster said...

max
09-07-2007, 10:46 PM
It is just something that a lot of people here don't agree with. Anyway they provide the hot topic forum for it, so it's not like they are kicking you out or anything.

i understand that....but the emotional intolerance displayed whever this issue is raised baffles me...

i too was once skeptical of 9/11 truth, but at least i kept my mind open...

in time, the truth became so obvious...its not a matter of opinion...its a proven fact...9/11 was an inside job...

the releavance to the rp campaign is this...

no 9/11....no war

no war....no RP movement

www.911truthvirus.com

Ninja Homer
09-07-2007, 11:22 PM
i understand that....but the emotional intolerance displayed whever this issue is raised baffles me...

i too was once skeptical of 9/11 truth, but at least i kept my mind open...

in time, the truth became so obvious...its not a matter of opinion...its a proven fact...9/11 was an inside job...

the releavance to the rp campaign is this...

no 9/11....no war

no war....no RP movement

www.911truthvirus.com

I'm kind of a 9/11 truther myself. At the least, I believe that Bush & friends knew it was coming, let it happen, and used it to their advantage.

But, it really pisses me off when good threads like this one are crapped on by 9/11 stuff, or crapped on for any other reason for that matter. If you want to change the topic, start a new fucking thread! There's no reason to hijack this one.

Richandler
09-07-2007, 11:29 PM
ON TOPIC: I have a hard time believe it. It's been two days since the debate and though Fox broke a record for the debate when Fred Thompson was on Leno, there has been next to nothing in the MSM on Paul. Just a mention of his name by Michael Sheuer on 2 programs. That's it.

Mani
09-07-2007, 11:42 PM

From what I have heard, he's going to be hitting S. FL Sept 17th, but the week up to it, he will be doing 2-3 minute radio interviews to various stations in this area, plus some of the meetup organizers are getting on the local radio to talk up Ron Paul.

Rudy is always on interview soundbites every time he comes down here, I'm happy if Ron Paul can get the same treatment so people know who this guy is.

Plus that conservative vote on Sept 17th is P.O'ed at the top tier's dismissing them, and that voting segment can be a difference maker.

I like the idea of Ron Paul cleaning up that audience and moving them over to our side.

Remember, RP has to win the primary and in FL only registered republicans can vote. This audience is definitely republican and they will vote, this is an important group of voters for a conservative to win over. Without the big dogs showing up this opens to door for Ron Paul.

MicroBalrog
09-08-2007, 12:27 AM
ON TOPIC: I have a hard time believe it. It's been two days since the debate and though Fox broke a record for the debate when Fred Thompson was on Leno, there has been next to nothing in the MSM on Paul. .

Actually I hear that the debate bit with him and Huckabee was rebroadcasted by CNN repeatedly. Also it's been reported by many mainstream newspapers/magazines. Even the Jerusalem Post was somewhat fair to him for a change.