PDA

View Full Version : How truly free our electoral process is...

mcgraw_wv
11-05-2008, 08:28 AM
I sent this to my local RP meetup group...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If anything this election shows how truly free our electoral process is. If you saw the groups of multi-class, multi cultural, mutli-race people in the streets, it should make you feel proud to be an American. Perhaps Obama doesn't represent your principles, but the process shows that in America, the people are free to choose who they want, even when it directly conflicts with the current power block at that time.

As far as the Ron Paulities out there, This is our moment to shape the GOP for future generations in our image. remove the NEO-CON principles, and restore the GOP back to the practice of Lincoln, and what Ron Paul preaches on a daily basis. There will be a vacuum, and unless you want Sarah Palin to represent the GOP and solidify the GOP as the un-informed, out of touch, resistant to science and learning party... We need to organize the GOP at the local levels under a Ron Paul like party.

When it comes down to it, the GOP has nothing left to even match the fund raising, and online excitement that Obama showed OTHER than Ron Paul. Unfortunately, if Obama does a good job with his new found post, anyone running against him will be worthless. He has brought the country together under one banner, and as long as he governs well, no one will compete against him.

The GOP will reshape, retool, and re factor into an image that can attract the center of this country again. For 8 years they used fear and scare tactics to draw the center to the right, and this election shows that fear was overcome by hope, and the center went for hope over fear. If the GOP continues it's anti-rights, pro-business bail out, no0bid contract, super spending pork barreling ways, the GOP is dead.

We need to organize the RP groups to formulate a new GOP. It's up to us.

Dave McGraw

RCA
11-05-2008, 08:30 AM
Too bad public airwaves aren't equally as "free".

mcgraw_wv
11-05-2008, 08:32 AM
Too bad public airwaves aren't equally as "free".

the internet won this election this time... first with Ron Paul and his fundrasing, and now with Obama bringing TONS of cash.

Buck the trend, organize... positive outlook is what is needed, you know have 4 years to organize a winning strategy to support, publicize and get a Ron Paul candidate elected, or build influence for your state to support Ron in 4 years.

RCA
11-05-2008, 08:47 AM
The internet helped Ron Paul. The mass media helped Obama.

mcgraw_wv
11-05-2008, 08:48 AM
The internet helped Ron Paul. The mass media helped Obama.

Ok, quite your sulking and do something about it... We do not need sulking pitty parties...

mconder
11-05-2008, 09:08 AM
I don't see anything good with allow a bunch of welfare cases to vote. Without the welfare vote, Obama would have lost.

mcgraw_wv
11-05-2008, 09:37 AM
I don't see anything good with allow a bunch of welfare cases to vote. Without the welfare vote, Obama would have lost.

I'm confused... Without the vote of millions of bankers, financial advisors, brokers, and bankers, McCain wouldn't have a shot.

Oh and also, if you do not know, Red States receive more public funding per-capita than blue states.

So your statement is completely un-informed.