PDA

View Full Version : Palin 2012

moostraks
11-05-2008, 06:59 AM
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aT6K0ry6XzAI&refer=us

I think this might be our new challenge to defeat the theocratic, my view of liberty crowd. This woman is power hungry and she had just as bizarre a following as Obama. I worry that we may be set up for a drama by tptb in the ultimate showdown pitting faith against self-determination (or theocrats versus the atheists).

Understand I am a person of faith but government is of this world and for this world and spiritual beliefs are a matter of choice. When one imposes a theocracy you will have to define it by some creed. This in the end usurps ones right to spiritual determination ( taking away the free will choice we are given by our Creator).

Anyone else see this coming?

itshappening
11-05-2008, 07:07 AM
she defends war and just got defeated and ridiculed nationally

she has no chance in a general election against Obama who would cruise to re-election

AdamT
11-05-2008, 07:17 AM
Unless she can kick that quirky speech thing, she's doomed. It's too easy to laugh at, and makes her seem like a bumbling idiot to anyone other than dumbed down followers.

Sandra
11-05-2008, 07:42 AM
WAAAY too dumb. She didn't even have the sense enough to educate herself on ANY issues in the time she knew she had to do it in.

moostraks
11-05-2008, 07:45 AM
I still think this is a possibility. They seem to put this misconception forward in the msm that she represented the base. I think the plan is to clean her up a bit and recreate her making her appear more informed in another 8 years. 2012 may be what they hold on to in order to string along her supporter zombies but realistically moe people will believe she has been formally schooled and see her as capable in 8 years. I think we ignore this possibilty and it will be our achilles heel.

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 07:51 AM
if the gop thinks palin is the future ,then count me out!!!

Todd
11-05-2008, 08:05 AM
She's a good person...That's all.

If you really want the Republican party to get trounced in 2012 then they should nominate her now.

angelatc
11-05-2008, 08:08 AM
I hate life this morning. Having said that, she's not stupid. Watch her speak. There's no teleprompters, and rarely does she even glance at notes. Stupid people can't do that.

The media slaughtered her because the right wing was energized by her presence.

The media destroyed her. It's that simple. They shredded her. Every minor gaffe she made was blown up and magnified beyond anything sensible.

The media did the exact same thing to Ron Paul. For a crowd that claims to be awake, some of us still seem to doze off now and then.

TruthAtLast
11-05-2008, 08:12 AM
She's a good person...That's all.

If you really want the Republican party to get trounced in 2012 then they should nominate her now.

I agree. Not only do all Democrats and even most Republicans disagree with her on her policies, she isn't savvy enough to go head to head with Obama on ANY issue.

On top of that, the Saturday Night Live affect alone would continue to turn her into a household joke.

She seems like a nice person, but she is in way over her head. I'm not sure how she even became governor.

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I hate life this morning. Having said that, she's not stupid. Watch her speak. There's no teleprompters, and rarely does she even glance at notes. Stupid people can't do that.

The media destroyed her. It's that simple. They shredded her. Every minor gaffe she made was blown up and magnified beyond anything sensible.

The media did the exact same thing to Ron Paul. For a crowd that claims to be awake, some of us still seem to doze off now and then.

well if palin is the future of the gop, then i shake my head, she is the same bs fro mthe same corrupt gop party leadership. she is just a repackaged female version of bush BS.

westmich4paul
11-05-2008, 08:15 AM
I do not know about Palin for 2012, but who here thinks if it would have been Ron Paul in the debates with Obama, the results would have been different? I believe Ron would have owned Obama in the debates especially with the economy in the tank. Just retrospect thinking on my part, but I truly believed back in nov 07 when we kept telling the GOP that Paul could beat Obama we were right!

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 08:18 AM
I do not know about Palin for 2012, but who here thinks if it would have been Ron Paul in the debates with Obama, the results would have been different? I believe Ron would have owned Obama in the debates especially with the economy in the tank. Just retrospect thinking on my part, but I truly believed back in nov 07 when we kept telling the GOP that Paul could beat Obama we were right!

you my man are 100% correct:) the GOP is to blme 100% ,we must fire the gop leadership.

until we get rid of the current corupt gop leadership, this revolution will be stuck in limbo!!

westmich4paul
11-05-2008, 08:26 AM
I do not think we need to necessarily change leadership as much as rewire their thinking . They now see that the rove attack neo- con tactics that won them elections will no work anymore. Getting back to our platform will, grassroots will help us win 2012 and you know what it starts today. It starts by bringing in a copy of the revolution a manifesto to your local GOP OFFICE AND LENDING IT OUT TO ANYONE AND EVERYONE!. Buy up 5-10 copys and put it on the tables at your local gop offices and when attend meetings do not go in their with the smug I told you so mentality(although human nature would love me to do this) but it is now our time and we have 4 years to reeducate our GOP TO GET BACK TO IT'S BASIC PLATFORMS ! I encurage every Paul supporter in here to attend your next monthly GOP MEETING and start rebuilding now!

slacker921
11-05-2008, 08:27 AM

ummm.. did you watch the interviews (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbQwAFobQxQ) where she didn't have a teleprompter? They were embarrassing. You know she did have a teleprompter when she was addressing crowds? And her handlers would not allow her to take questions from the press (except the few times she snuck away from them). Did you watch the debate where she didn't even bother to pretend to answer the questions, but just went off on pre-scripted responses that had nothing to do with the questions?

And the media quit attacking her when they saw that it was building a HUGE backlash from the "base". She was chosen specifically because she had so many things that the media could attack her for (hunting, drilling, family, etc..) that would incite the "base". Compare the attacks on her from the first two weeks vs the last month. The media figured out that if they kept making fun of her for her pregnant teen then the evangelicals would work themselves into a frenzy and defeat Obama.

JohnJay
11-05-2008, 08:32 AM

The GOP chose to ignore the best candidate they have had in a while,
we could see it at the local, county, and state levels as we were always being squashed.

The Republicans are the party of exclusion -
and they had better re-tool and start to open their arms to us next time around.