PDA

View Full Version : I LOVE RON PAUL ,but so do dems;)

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 05:18 AM
i have no hope or faith in the gop leadership!!! i doubt the republican party will admit to why they lost.
I am no obama fan,but this morning i am proud that my country rejected the gop and elected a black man. This makes me proud of our citizens and realize that racists can kiss my lilly white ass, as for all those folks scared of obama.
I remind you ,you have house and senate members to keep the president in check ,so relax!!!
Politics is all local. In the next election ,i plan on running for town council possibly with the support of ron paul democrats and some republicans,now if the gop does not change their course soon, then i will be running as a RON PAUL DEMOCRAT.

GOOD NEWS
our county commissioner a democrat ran against a republican and
WON by a 46% margin:):) and GUESS WHO HE LIKES??????

CAN YOU GUESS?? arrow down

RON PAUL, so realize change comes from many angles not just the gop and to be honest if the gop doesn't shape up soon,it will be time to put the dying dog down.

kaleidoscope eyes
11-05-2008, 05:33 AM
Excellent SB!
Some good news for the "morning after" ;) :D

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 05:52 AM
thanks. i can tell you i am not happy with the gop.

i helped mike sign wave yesterday for our local election.
I want folks to understand THERE IS HOPE. me and mike talked alot about our local politics and can tell you Ron Paul is a man he likes and respects and admires.

Our citizens basically rejected republicans from the top down, now in the future i and many others locally will be working with mike TO MAKE REAL CHANGE .

with the way the gop treated us republicans, it just might be smarter to find our democratic friends and work with them instead of the dying gop.

in my counties it is hard to find a democrat who did not like ron paul! so that is good news in itself. it is not written in stone that we must continue the revolution in a failed gop leadership!!!

will i stay a republican? that is up to the gop!!!

AdamT
11-05-2008, 06:54 AM
The Congress is supposed to keep a president in check, but they don't anymore. I think you're gonna see even more rubber stamping of horrible legislation under Obama. I would be very surprised if it is otherwise.

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 07:01 AM
The Congress is supposed to keep a president in check, but they don't anymore. I think you're gonna see even more rubber stamping of horrible legislation under Obama. I would be very surprised if it is otherwise.

i agree,but that will be up to us and the way i look at it, we haver some ron paul dems now in lake county colorado and they heard us loud and clear and understand, that is a good first step:)

Madison
11-05-2008, 02:40 PM
but this morning i am proud that my country rejected the gop and elected a black man

Why exactly are you proud of that fact?

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Why exactly are you proud of that fact?

that race was not an issue and that finally voters rejected the gop leadership and the republican party;)

Micah Dardar
11-05-2008, 07:50 PM
I have been a pretty consistent Democrat voter until Ron Paul came along. Now I'm a talking head about government waste and corruption. Let's welcome and celebrate the diversity that makes our nation great.

vodalian
11-05-2008, 07:56 PM
that race was not an issue and that finally voters rejected the gop leadership and the republican party;)

You are living in lala land.

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 08:23 PM
You are living in lala land.

ok well if race was an issue then obama wouldn't have won.

second the voters rejected republicans across the board and by doing that they rejected the gop leadership as well ,so what lala land are you talking about???

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 08:24 PM
I have been a pretty consistent Democrat voter until Ron Paul came along. Now I'm a talking head about government waste and corruption. Let's welcome and celebrate the diversity that makes our nation great.

ditto;) former democrat ,then lp now GOP,not sure how long i can stand the septic tank of the gop,kinda like rolling around in feces

Paulitician
11-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Except for the area of economics (but it's not like the Republican party has been any better in this area), libertarians have the best shot with Democrats. I also think the Libertarian party should lean more left/democrat than it does right/conservative as it has recently with Barr (who's a horrible candidate.) Again, except for the area of free markets, the dems are more in our side, and beside, they'll most likely end corporate welfare compared to republicans. Republicans have given us libertarians a bad name in the past years and decades. But this is just for libertarians, if you're a Republican you're probably a Republican for good reason and should stay such...

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 08:32 PM
Except for the area of economics (but it's not like the Republican party has been any better in this area), libertarians have the best shot with Democrats. I also think the Libertarian party should lean more left/democrat than it does right/conservative as it has recently with Barr (who's a horrible candidate.) Again, except for the area of free markets, the dems are more in our side, and beside, they'll most likely end corporate welfare compared to republicans. Republicans have given us libertarians a bad name in the past years and decades. But this is just for libertarians, if you're a Republican you're probably a Republican for good reason and should stay such...

i hear you. i lean more Libertarian , except for this barr joke! I only joined the Republicans because i believed what Ron Paul said but if the GOP does notfollow the Ron Paul platform then in the next 2-4 yr this new republican will kiss the gop goodbye;)

Highland
11-05-2008, 08:33 PM
I don't know why he did not win in Ala-BAMA.....sounds a lot like O-bama!

Deep thoughts by Jack Handy (not really, just me_

speciallyblend
11-05-2008, 08:37 PM
I don't know why he did not win in Ala-BAMA.....sounds a lot like O-bama!

Deep thoughts by Jack Handy (not really, just me_

hmmmm does that mean your pulling for alabama in the bcs????:D

speciallyblend
11-14-2008, 07:44 AM
FIRE MIKE DUNCAN and DICK WADHAMS and ALL THE FAILED GOP LEADERSHIP!!!!

Madison
11-20-2008, 08:21 AM

But race was an issue. He was propped up because of his race. His supporters are more cognizant of his race than his stance on the issues. It helped him more than it hurt him.

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 08:25 AM
But race was an issue. He was propped up because of his race. His supporters are more cognizant of his race than his stance on the issues. It helped him more than it hurt him.

This.

speciallyblend
11-20-2008, 08:32 AM

good, it does not bother me a black man was elected! so in the end race was not an issue or all the white folks would of blindly voted for an old white man and i am glad they did not.

Race was an issue in his favor and i am glad it was,shows at least some americans do not use color of skin as a basis for their vote.

maybe the gop could run a black man,hmmm that was a joke in itself.

i am so disgusted with the gop, i kinda want the party to just go away forever!!

maybe mccain could of run as a black man, would they call him a flip flopper?:)

The GOP is so out of touch, they just do not get it and of the current news and discussion coming from the gop is any hint? then the gop is truly CLUELESS!

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Race was an issue in his favor and i am glad it was,shows at least some americans do not use color of skin as a basis for their vote.

You just contradicted yourself.

BTW, love the avatar ;)

speciallyblend
11-20-2008, 08:36 AM
You just contradicted yourself.

BTW, love the avatar ;)

yes i know but i am glad that blacks were smart enough not to fall for mccains BULLSHIT, even if obama is the same. i am glad they voted a black man in:)
if race was an issue it wasnt for white folks ;) they rejected mccain or obama would not of won;) so if people want to blame blacks for voting black, then blame the dumbass gop leadership and mccain not the voter.
If i was black i would be forced to vote obama,like mccain is even an option??

at least mccain wasn't dumb enough to try the race card(his supporters did use the race card, things i heard from republicans are he is black(really i had no clue?:), he is muslim (means they are clueless brainwashed republicans)he is a terrorist(dumb talking point), great talking points and it smells of racism and turned me off and i told them so.) ,it would of backfired, only way mccain could of won is if he forced illegals and iraqi nationals to vote republican;)
omg obama isblack????? first i heard of this? RUN TO THE HILLS OMG RUN RUN (SARCASM)

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 08:46 AM
yes i know but i am glad that blacks were smart enough not to fall for mccains BULLSHIT, even if obama is the same. i am glad they voted a black man in:)
if race was an issue it wasnt for white folks ;) they rejected mccain or obama would not of won;) so if people want to blame blacks for voting black, then blame the dumbass gop leadership and mccain not the voter.
If i was black i would be forced to vote obama,like mccain is even an option??

at least mccain wasn't dumb enough to try the race card(his supporters did use the race card, things i heard from republicans are he is black(really i had no clue?:), he is muslim (means they are clueless brainwashed republicans)he is a terrorist(dumb talking point), great talking points and it smells of racism and turned me off and i told them so.) ,it would of backfired, only way mccain could of won is if he forced illegals and iraqi nationals to vote republican;)

McCain was absolutely an option for "black" people. That's what I'm saying...a lot of people voted for Obama because he's "black," not necessarily because of his policies. I blame the voter, not the GOP leadership for that one. ;)

speciallyblend
11-20-2008, 09:25 AM
McCain was absolutely an option for "black" people. That's what I'm saying...a lot of people voted for Obama because he's "black," not necessarily because of his policies. I blame the voter, not the GOP leadership for that one. ;)

well to be honest. I voted chuck baldwin. I would gladly shake any black mans hand that voted obama,but if a black man voted mccain. I would start asking are you supporting the neo-cons? if people voted for mccain then they supported war/big government and neo-con agendas. mccain losing should help us maybe not? but for those voting obama they voted against republicans and mccain and to me that was wiser, though in my dream world i would want everyone to vote 3rd party. I am glad a black man won even if it was because he was black, that fact isa good thing for me. hopefully the gop will wake up if not ,not my problem.
We have a better chance with our revolution with the republicans losing and if it took a black man to do it, then GOD BLESS AMERICA:) we can only hope. i will be working at my local level.

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 09:33 AM
well to be honest. I voted chuck baldwin. I would gladly shake any black mans hand that voted obama,but if a black man voted mccain. I would start asking are you supporting the neo-cons? if people voted for mccain then they supported war/big government and neo-con agendas. mccain losing should help us maybe not? but for those voting obama they voted against republicans and mccain and to me that was wiser, though in my dream world i would want everyone to vote 3rd party. I am glad a black man won even if it was because he was black, that fact isa good thing for me. hopefully the gop will wake up if not ,not my problem.
We have a better chance with our revolution with the republicans losing and if it took a black man to do it, then GOD BLESS AMERICA:) we can only hope. i will be working at my local level.

I admire your positive outlook, but I really don't think anyone should be congratulated for voting for Obama or McCain. They both basically stood for the same thing. Also, if Obama truly won because of the color of his skin, I think the nation just took a giant leap backward :(

Perhaps this loss will be a good thing for the GOP, but right now, I don't see the party leaders knocking down Ron Paul's congressional office door, begging for his forgiveness ;)

speciallyblend
11-20-2008, 09:57 AM
I admire your positive outlook, but I really don't think anyone should be congratulated for voting for Obama or McCain. They both basically stood for the same thing. Also, if Obama truly won because of the color of his skin, I think the nation just took a giant leap backward :(

Perhaps this loss will be a good thing for the GOP, but right now, I don't see the party leaders knocking down Ron Paul's congressional office door, begging for his forgiveness ;)

yeah the gop is driving off the cliff. the gop is still clueless.
They better bring up Ron Paul ASAP into the upper leadership or to be honest the gop just might be the new whig party to die.
the path is not to my liking;) and if they continue to ignore me and you and all of us republicans. then the gop can truly kiss themselves goodbye.

the gop is just rearranging the same failed leadership to other positions.
the gop does not get it and they may never get it.

Registered Republican for now!!
I still demand a new brand name and platform for all the movements to unite for a 2012 run,but i doubt we can get the party leaders to swallow their ego's for 10 minutes!!

LIBERTY PARTY ,GIVE ME LIBERTY OR SOMETHING:) call it whatever? but Liberty Party sounds inclusive......... Never Say Never!!!

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 10:01 AM
yeah he gop is driving off the cliff. the gop is still clueless.
They better bring up Ron Paul ASAP into the upper ;eadership or to be honest the gop just might be the new whig party to die.
the path is not to my liking;) and if they continue to ignore me and you and all of us republicans. then the gop can truly kiss themselves goodbye.

the gop is just rearranging the same failed leadership to other positions.
the gop does not get it and they may never get it.

Registered Republican for now!!
I still demand a new brand name and platform for all the movements to unite for a 2012 run,but i doubt we can get the party leaders to swallow their ego's for 10 minutes!!

LIBERTY PARTY ,GIVE ME LIBERTY OR SOMETHING:) call it whatever? but Liberty Party sounds inclusive......... Never Say Never!!!

I'm actually not a Republican anymore. About two years ago, I re-registered as "unaffiliated." No effing way would I re-register as a Republican, especially now. You're right...if they don't listen to the people they're supposed to be representing, their party will crash and burn. They'll deserve it, too, just like they deserved the results of this past election.

speciallyblend
11-20-2008, 10:05 AM
I'm actually not a Republican anymore. About two years ago, I re-registered as "unaffiliated." No effing way would I re-register as a Republican, especially now. You're right...if they don't listen to the people they're supposed to be representing, their party will crash and burn. They'll deserve it, too, just like they deserved the results of this past election.

i hear you. i have never been so disgusted to be a Republican,but for Ron Paul i crawled thru the septic tank for him;)

There is alot of support and even money now coming from all parties for Ron Paul's message. if the gop continues to ignore us, then i suggest the lp/cp/rprepublicans and indys might need to take their money and influence elsewhere into a Liberty Party. if shit doesn't change soon. I will scream Liberty Party to every party until they form this party just to shut me up;)

tonesforjonesbones
11-20-2008, 11:07 AM
Well, most of the electorate were pretty clueless..especially the black folks, they absolutely voted for obama because he is black ...the "historical" aspect..and it won't matter how he mucks up the country..they will STILL support him. They could have supported hillary..but they turned on the clintons ...i actually was shocked after how the clintons pandered to them. This was completely an election about race. There was a whole lot of cheating going on. tones

Feenix566
11-20-2008, 11:21 AM
A lot of black people voted for Obama just because he's black. Those were racist voters. If you think it's okay for black people to be racist, then you're a racist as well. Any time you judge a person by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character, that's racist.

gls
11-20-2008, 11:25 AM
Who gives a sh*t what the pigment of his skin is? In all likelihood the man will be worse for liberty than Bush.

tonesforjonesbones
11-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I guess people on here need comprehension skills..I consider that blacks who voted for obama en mass to be the racists. tones

Theocrat
11-20-2008, 12:25 PM
I guess people on here need comprehension skills..I consider that blacks who voted for obama en mass to be the racists. tones

It is indeed as racist as White people voting for McCain just because he's White. Racism can be a two-way street, and this election was a freeway driven by that issue, unfortunately.

Mort
11-20-2008, 01:27 PM
A lot of black people voted for Obama just because he's black. Those were racist voters. If you think it's okay for black people to be racist, then you're a racist as well. Any time you judge a person by the color of their skin instead of the content of their character, that's racist.

I don't blame black people for voting based on the color of skin. This was their first chance to vote for a black president. Its natural. If it was the first white guy ever, I bet white voting stats would be more scewed. Of course, it doesn't make it right. But I can see it from their point of view. If they are still doing this in 20 years ill be more critical.

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 01:32 PM
I don't blame black people for voting based on the color of skin.

Why not? This is nothing but racism, pure and simple.

Mort
11-20-2008, 01:34 PM
If you read the entire statement. I explain it. Taken out of context it of course sounds worse.

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 01:36 PM
If you read the entire statement. I explain it. Taken out of context it of course sounds worse.

I read your entire statement. I still don't understand why you don't blame people for voting based on the color of one's skin. That's racism no matter how you cut it.

Mort
11-20-2008, 01:42 PM
It is. But I don't think it was based on hatred of a white guy. More based on hope for a black guy. Maybe I just look at things optimistically.

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 01:43 PM
It is. But I don't think it was based on hatred of a white guy. More based on hope for a black guy. Maybe I just look at things optimistically.

Could be. I'm an eternal pessimist, admittedly ;)

Mort
11-20-2008, 01:51 PM
Honestly, I can understand that. Ron Paul has admitted being pessimistic a few times. Of course, I doubt it is eternal.

To a degree to do something that seems utterly impossible being an optimist helps. A pessimist would not even try to end the fed. It would be a lost cause.

SnappleLlama
11-20-2008, 01:53 PM
Honestly, I can understand that. Ron Paul has admitted being pessimistic a few times. Of course, I doubt it is eternal.

To a degree to do something that seems utterly impossible being an optimist helps. A pessimist would not even try to end the fed. It would be a lost cause.

Trust me, there are days when I wonder if this (the "Ron Paul Revolution") is all worth it. It's tough being a pessimistic RP supporter :D

speciallyblend
11-20-2008, 02:07 PM

i kinda agree with what your saying. It is the hope of something, that is why most voted obama.

If it helps wake folks up locally ,more power to it. most democrats i know understand ron pauls message and agree with it,if that is not a good start locally ? What Is?