PDA

View Full Version : G.W. Bush's Last Grasp At Infamy

tpreitzel
11-05-2008, 02:46 AM
Let's assume that psychopaths occupy the office of POTUS. With G.W. Bush's spectacularly low approval rating due to unconstitutional wars, 9-11, and economic chaos, is it likely that a psychopath would just simply leave the office of POTUS without a last ditch effort to improve his legacy as number 43? If not, then what event might the unfortunate people of the US expect as a midnight surprise and how might that surprise impact a transfer of power if at all? G.W. Bush seems overly concerned about his legacy and at this moment his legacy is in terrible shape.

WRellim
11-05-2008, 03:13 AM
Let's assume that psychopaths occupy the office of POTUS. With G.W. Bush's spectacularly low approval rating due to unconstitutional wars, 9-11, and economic chaos, is it likely that a psychopath would just simply leave the office of POTUS without a last ditch effort to improve his legacy as number 43? If not, then what event might the unfortunate people of the US expect as a midnight surprise and how might that surprise impact a transfer of power if at all? G.W. Bush seems overly concerned about his legacy and at this moment his legacy is in terrible shape.

Psychopaths (aka sociopaths) are MAINLY concerned with themselves.

Yes, some of that leads to vanity and grandiosity -- but in Bush's case that actually blinds him to the current status of his legacy (remember he doesn't read or care about polls and surveys). Plus, he is currently kept in a rather "cocoon-like" bubble world that insulates him from reality.

I think he believes his legacy is totally secure and everything is hunky dory... that McCain feller lost to Obama just like he lost to GWB, because that McCain feller is just an unlikeable pasty old white guy. I seriously don't think Bush feels there is any REAL link between himself and McCain; and I think you can be certain that Cheney and his other "handlers" reinforce that fairly frequently.

What I would be more concerned about is what tricks CHENEY is likely to still pull before January 20th.

The $700 Billion dollar (plus billions more) was ONE of the things he engineered... I would bet there are still others left ... most likely of a similar nature, robbing the cookie jar on the way out.

Iran is still a remote possibility -- especially something like an Israeli-style airstrike -- but I think full-on war with them is decreasing in likelihood every day now.

Pete
11-05-2008, 05:31 AM
It will be a relief when Bush and Cheney turn in their keys, even though a new garden of delights awaits us.