PDA

View Full Version : 3 Races still up in the air

Fox McCloud
11-05-2008, 02:12 AM
Ok, I figured it'd be the Presidential race dragging on and on and on this election season...but it looks like it'll be the Senate races.

Granted, while Georgia hasn't been officially declared, with only 1% to go, and the Republican a solid 4% ahead of his opponent, I'd say it's statistically impossible for him to win.

That said we have Alaska, Oregon, and Minnesota left, with the Dems leading in Oregon by 2000 votes (54% reporting) and Minnesota...by about 340 votes (96% reporting).

most surprising, is Alaska, where Ted Stevens looks like he may win another go, where he currently has 49% of the vote (72% reporting).

Either way, by tomorrow, hopefully these 3 will be decided.

I'm hoping that all 3 swing Republican, as it will mean the Democrats will have just 56 seats in the Senate...however, my gut tells me they'll wind up with 58.

Ok, forget continuous updates from me on Minnesota; it just updated again with Coleman ahead by about 1,600 votes...this one is definitely still up in the air.

Fox McCloud
11-05-2008, 01:06 PM
*bump!*

Apparently Georgia is "up in the air" because the Republican didn't get 50%; therefore there's still a chance the Democrats could get that seat (the run-off election will be in December).

The Minnesota vote? Too close to call; there's absentee ballots that still need to come in, and Franken is calling for a recount.

Oregon? Again, close, considering absentee ballots.

Alaska is the interesting one; not only are the absentee ballots a factor, but Ted Stevens may not last thanks to him being charged.

If the Democrats get all 4, they'll have 60 seats--fortunately, I don't think that'll happen; let's hope they're stuck at 56, where they currently are...though, I wouldn't be surprised if they pick up 1-2 seats.

Fox McCloud
11-06-2008, 11:26 AM
*bump!*

Well, the Dems will have 57 seats minimum this year; Oregon got a Democratic Senator this time around. It's just Alaska and Minnesota that we need to hear the results from....Minnesota being the one that will be more likely to go Democrat, as the Dem is behind by less than 500 votes, with the absentee ballots still needed to be counted and a recount in order. Alaska? There's a whopping 50,000 absentee ballots that still need to be counted to it's anyone's game (I still personally think Stevens will get it though).

And Georgia...well, we won't find out for quite a little while; this December 3rd there will be a runoff between the Republican and Democrat there (bummer, the Libertarian will be knocked out)....so we won't find out until that night or possibly December 4th.

The Dems still have a chance at their 60 seats; lets hope they don't get any more than 57.

Shotdown1027
11-06-2008, 03:03 PM
More importantly to us:

Tom McClintock's race in CA-4 is still up in the air, but it looks likely he'll win.

Virgil Goode's race in VA in still up in the air, but it looks likely he'll lose.

State Rep. R. Kenneth Lindell's race in Maine is up in the air--down 300 votes with 67% reporting.

Fox McCloud
11-06-2008, 03:15 PM
More importantly to us:

Tom McClintock's race in CA-4 is still up in the air, but it looks likely he'll win.

Virgil Goode's race in VA in still up in the air, but it looks likely he'll lose.

State Rep. R. Kenneth Lindell's race in Maine is up in the air--down 300 votes with 67% reporting.

what's particularly important about those?